Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08  (Read 94019 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 06:16:05 AM

Of course, I'm going to be biased.  I've been competitive 3 of the 4 years (or has it been longer) and won last year.
Four years ago it was the waterthread league.  I didn't realize Yahoo tracked your fantasy stats.  So far I've had 1 first place, 1 second place and 2 third place finishes between here and corp and waterthread (6 leagues total).

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 06:52:58 AM

The Bandwagon is back.

Thanks for setting this up, I think I'm going to cutback on my fantsay football teams this year. I had 4 Fantasy Teams and 3 pick 'em leagues on the go last year and it was a little much... Think I stick with this one, and one other.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 07:13:22 AM

Heh, last season for me was pretty much won by a waiver wire pickup.  Someone picked up Frank Gore in the last round and then cut him.  I was all too happy to scoop him up.  Sucker's going to likely be gone in the first 10 picks this year.

Which will, of course, guarantee a gruesome week 2 knee injury.

Of course, I'm going to be MIA for weeks 2-3 again this year, so it'll be another season of patching my roster with scrubs after all the "surprises" get scooped up while I'm in Tokyo.  Might actually have to try making a trade this time!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 08:50:31 AM

I live on the waiver wire, not that it does me any good, mind you. I'm fine with 1 RB, because in today's NFL, most teams are running such a serious RB rotation that it's a wonder anyone gets 1,500 yard seasons. Teams have forgone fullbacks, and just go with 3 tailbacks who all get 10 carries each one week, then one guy gets 30 carries the next week, and the 3rd week, the #2 guy gets 10 again.

I blame Mike Shanahan.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 10:23:19 AM

Not sure I want to embarrass myself again.

Although, I do have net access all day at work this time around..

Edit: Didn't play last year because I'm still ashamed of my 05/06 performance.  If I want to play, should I sign up this week, or wait till next week?  I leave it to the group.

Double Edit: Mike Shanahan makes shitty fucking calls in the last half of every season.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:26:43 AM by MrHat »
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 01:35:39 PM

You count as a vet, MrHat. Join us.

I have never played WoW.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 01:45:43 PM

Ok I'm waiting the desired new player week, but I'm going to forget that I'm waiting and miss this again.  After the pounding I took in the EPL season I'm eager to fail miserably at another sport.

I'll set up the EPL fantasy when it goes live, but I want to know who the hell was  paz laz, with his no transfer still came in first freaking luck.

Pisses me off. If I had paid attention for two weeks in October, I could have won the damn thing
WayAbvPar

Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 02:43:59 PM

Crap I forgot all about the EPL thing once the NFL got going. I was doing OK for awhile too.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 02:54:35 PM

That EPL thing was fun. Unfortunately for me, by the last month, most of my best players were either hurt, suspended or resting.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #44 on: June 20, 2007, 04:31:31 PM

So yeah, thanks to Sauced for the heads up, because it's WAAAAAAAAAY to fucking early to be thinking about Football. I would have missed this thread completely. Anyway, Attack Monkies II will steal your beers and then toss shit at all the opponents.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 12:33:51 PM

Confused Kittens

Edit: can we get a list of who's who? or we waiting?

Double Edit: It took me like 2 hours to figure out what the hell email/username/password I had for Yahoo!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 01:04:05 PM

Im down if you end up needing another.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 01:24:57 PM

I counted 12 a couple hours ago, how high we going?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 01:27:28 PM

shocked

LOCK IT DOWN.

I don't want people having to draft Marcel Shipp.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 01:32:45 PM

shocked

LOCK IT DOWN.

I don't want people having to draft Marcel Shipp.

Haha, I was thinking it.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #50 on: June 22, 2007, 10:15:11 AM

Closed at 12 teams. I will repeat that if you want to play, start another.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #51 on: June 22, 2007, 11:02:49 AM

Start another and post here. I'm sure if you needed more teams in that second league, someone like me would be perfectly willing to join a second league.

WayAbvPar

Reply #52 on: June 22, 2007, 11:05:44 AM

I am a FF whore. I will play in any and all leagues. I am completely useless Mondays and Fridays during the season as I busily manage my teams to mediocrity and beyond.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 22, 2007, 12:08:55 PM

Start another and post here. I'm sure if you needed more teams in that second league, someone like me would be perfectly willing to join a second league.

Or we could set up the 'A' league for the ye olde tymers and a 'B' league for the new hotness. The bottom 4 teams in 'A' league move to 'B' league next year, and the top 4 'B' league teams move up to 'A' league. That works better when you have a prize for 'A' league though.

Having said that, I'd join a 2nd f13 league if a couple more teams were needed since I think the Morlocks league is officially dead this year.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 10:22:44 AM

Don't wait for me to start the second. Not going to happen. I don't do more than three at a time (work, MMO guild, f13).

I have never played WoW.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 18, 2007, 10:43:18 AM

Doh, that's what I get for not lurking this forum enough.  The Roosters won't be able to defend their championship from like 3 years ago (or their almost-last-place finishes in every other year!), but I'll remember to lurk next June, so enjoy your brief respite.

If you guys get a second league going, let me know.

Is there any way to have two seperate leagues and play a championship game pitting the winners of each (just thinking of a way to let a lot of people play (since we always seem to have a lot more people who want in than can fit) without running into the "I'm starting the Falcons' third-string fullback" problem you get in huge-ass leagues),

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 23, 2007, 02:39:57 PM

You guys should have expanded to 16.  I wanted a crack at this bunch.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 02, 2007, 07:27:06 PM

I'd be down too. Looks like that's six for the second league.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #58 on: August 03, 2007, 09:54:33 AM

I will be happy to play in a 2nd league to help fill it out. I am a FF whore.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #59 on: August 03, 2007, 11:19:43 AM

Same here.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 12:03:00 PM

I don't have much experience in setting them up. Does anyone else here?

Rasix

Reply #61 on: August 13, 2007, 11:19:51 AM

Draft is in 10 days, 6PM on Thursday the 23rd.

Larry Johnson is fucking things up for everyone.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #62 on: August 13, 2007, 11:25:19 AM

What did he do? I've only been paying attention to college reports since that happens first.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

Reply #63 on: August 13, 2007, 11:37:07 AM

What did he do? I've only been paying attention to college reports since that happens first.

Still on a hold out.  Has yet to report to camp or play in preseason.  Apparently the two sides are now closer to a long term contraction extension.

Holdouts always much things up.  3rd rated fantasy player holdouts more so. 

This year is going to be a tough draft, I have absolutely no clue who I'm going to get if I slide too far down in the draft order.  A lot of marginal players with now high value, players on just bad teams, unproven players taking over starting roles, and injury prone players clogging up the top rounds.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #64 on: August 13, 2007, 11:48:54 AM

Yeah, I really don't have a feel for this year yet. Gonna have to get off my ass and do some research though- my 'big' money league drafts on Sunday. It feels like one of those 'changing of the guard' seasons where the tried and true fantasy guys fall off a cliff and new guys come through.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 13, 2007, 12:57:11 PM

Of all the positions, I'd consider a RB holdout the least to worry about.  Having LJ come to the season fresh could actually increase his productivity.  I'd be more interested in the role that Holmes is going to play in the offense with that new FB Kansas City just converted from a LB.  If LJ is going to do less in 3rd and short situations, he could see fewer TDs this season.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 14, 2007, 04:54:14 AM

Damn, I need to buy a book.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 14, 2007, 06:05:20 AM

Was someone going to setup the second league that we had talked about? If not, I suppose I can research how to do it :)

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: August 21, 2007, 08:15:30 AM

Damn I missed out.  Really would love to join the league cry
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 21, 2007, 08:44:42 AM

We had quite a few people interested in a second league. I just don't know how to set stuff up through Yahoo.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08  
Jump to: