Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: I10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I10  (Read 19030 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 01:23:27 PM

Sounds like quite a bit:
You have gained the ability to deflect and protect yourself from mental invasions of all sorts. By focusing your mind using this technique, you gain strong defense against Psionic attacks and are moderately resistant to Psionic damage while this power is active. It lasts for 60 seconds per use. Recharge: Very Long

but I haven't seen the actual numbers yet.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 01:58:25 PM

Ah, it's a click not a passive.  Still nice when dealing with Master Illusionists.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 02:12:18 PM

Never had an accolade so far, are those things level restricted ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 02:21:44 PM

That one isn't.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 02:24:25 PM

That one isn't.

Heading back in, as the servers are back up now.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 07:33:40 PM

Never had an accolade so far, are those things level restricted ?

Accolades are generally only level restricted by the tasks required to get them. A lvl 5 character could get the Archmage badge (I think... don't know if it has an exploration badge requirement in a lvl-restricted zone) if only they could find someone to powerlvl them the required and specific mob defeat numbers.

In many cases the earlier you get an accolade, the better, since I think exemplaring can remove accolade benefits if it drops you below the lvl you got it.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 05:21:56 AM

I looked around a bit last night and it wasn't immediately apparent what we're supposed to do when the Rikti invade a zone?  I got a message saying skyway was being invade and ran over for a look.  The dropships were flying around zapping people and dropping bombs you could attack but otherwise it seemed pretty uneventful.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #42 on: July 27, 2007, 05:38:26 AM

There are two parts.

The first is where the drop ships fly overhead dropping bombs. Originally the bombs did damage but now they just drain Endurance which is a little boring. During the second half of the bombing run some of the bombs will land but not detonate. Those bombs (aka UXEs) you can destroy to earn a medal. They start with their health bar low and they slowly fill up unless you do damage to them and then they'll go back down until they are destroyed.

During the second part Rikti will teleport down and land near players assuming there is a clear path to the sky overhead -- e.g. if you are under a bridge or inside an "open" building like WW they won't land near you. Killing enough of these drop Ritki will earn you another medal. They will spawn next to you even if you are solo (usually) if you are mostly stationary so you need to be prepared when you hear the teleport sound nearby.

If you are in a team with 7 or 8 members, Elite Boss Assault Suits will teleport down as well. There's a third medal you can earn if you kill enough of those. Because the suits only spawn if groups are big enough people tend to congregate at a single spot to make it easier to form groups and so you can "share" the suits among more than just the team that spawned them.

The drop ships in theory are destroyable though I haven't seen it done myself and they kept nerfing various tactics during testing (like slowing the ships down) so I'm not sure if it's still possible now. There's no medal or anything for destroying them since people without Fly/Hover have a really hard time contributing to those battles.

If you get all three Invasion medals you get the Accolade mentioned above.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #43 on: July 27, 2007, 07:12:20 AM

The task force is pretty short, maybe two hours with a good group
I lolled.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 27, 2007, 12:12:09 PM

The task force is pretty short, maybe two hours with a good group
I lolled.
Yeah, yeah. People were punching through to the mothership and bombing the crap out of it in half an hour, regular, so there's that too.

It's a sustained five-mission chain which runs you all through the parts of a Rikti base, taking out two Rikti archvillains, Penny Yin's big windup friend, the riders of the apocalypse, THE FREAKING HAMIDON, and a special bonus guest star from another dimension. And like all task forces, if you have friends of similar intent you can stop at any time you like and pick up later, though with a hero/villain team you can't go outside the warzone.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: I10  
Jump to: