Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: [WAR] Warhammer Online Beta Europeon^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAmericone Sign up Page 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [WAR] Warhammer Online Beta Europeon^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAmericone Sign up Page  (Read 32506 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: May 30, 2007, 05:32:36 PM

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 05:36:07 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 05:59:24 PM

Grazie, signore!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 05:59:33 PM

Do we still sign up despite what Schilds doing?
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 06:08:27 PM

Signe says yes. :)

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 06:09:34 PM

Do we still sign up despite what Schilds doing?

Ordinarily I wouldn't have because Schild's definitely been the hookup mastah, but I got in so late on his "Give me a holler" thread that I thought it best to hedge my bets.

I will NOT miss out on Warhammer.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 07:13:12 PM

Glee!

Man, I never know what to type when I get to that 'What MMOs have you beta tested section'.

The list is so FREAKING LONG.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 07:15:51 PM

Of course you must sign up.  I worked too hard on the title of this thread for it to be ignored!

When they ask what I've beta tested I just mention a few followed by "LOTS."

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 07:19:29 PM

It said that it was a maximum of 1000 characters, so I opened up Word and made sure I wasn't going over the limit.

At some point in time, I stop and just say 'I have also tested a variety of independant and foreign-made MMOs.'

That means I played the beta of the first (and only) Lithtech engine MMO, RUBIES OF EVENTIDE, and made a guy with a bunny hat in Flyff.

Amongst other things, of course.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 07:21:17 PM

Heart bunny hats.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 07:29:27 PM

What ones have you played? All of them. Which is sort of sad when you think about it. So I list a bunch. And I always throw in Underlight. I figure half the people reading the app have never heard of it.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 07:43:42 PM

I always put in Clan Lord. Hell, I played it longer than half the PC games with their fancy graphics.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 07:44:23 PM

Heart bunny hats.

And chicks pooping.

What a strange life you lead, Signe.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 08:03:14 PM

Cute title.  USA, Land of Ice-cream.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Zonk
Terracotta Army

Slashdot Games

Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 10:09:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I cannot tell you how much I iz looking forward to this game. I caught the Barnett cooties, methinks.

Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 11:10:39 PM

Should we sign up with the same email that was provided for the clan beta? Or does it matter at all? or am I just being paranoid?
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 11:19:26 PM

Signing up twice makes you look like a desperate punk fanboi.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 11:50:21 PM

So you signed up 3 times?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 11:50:59 PM

So you signed up 3 times?
Obviously.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 11:52:42 PM

wow. The EU site is shitty.

For the lazy people - http://www.war-europe.com/#/subscription/ go here to sign up

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 02:00:44 AM

/sigh

Can't sign up for the US beta because according to the Mythic website the UK DOES NOT EXIST.

Can't sign up for the EU beta because it means interacting with that PoS GOA website.

It literally only took 3 seconds looking at the GOA abomination to start flashbacks of the horror that was interacting with GOA to play DAoC.

I guess it speaks well of Mythic and DAoC that I can just stretch to be enough of a DAoC fanboy to be considering joining WAR at launch despite GOA; but GOA beta is right out. Hopefully the Bat Country guild thing will come through.  cry

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 02:13:08 AM

Every single person I know hated GOA back in the DaoC days.
Why they gave them another chance is beyond me. GOA is basically the only thing that can seriously screw up Warhammer. Oh, that and EA.

But that GOA WAR site should be more than enough for Mark Jacobs to pick up the phone and tell them "you're fired" in his highest pitched voice possible.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 02:44:34 AM

OK

In this day and age it is horrid how the beta signup is handled for europe.

Loginname: No spaces allowed, no upper case letters, no numbers. What the fuck?

Nickname: No spaces allowed, no upper case letters, no numbers. What the fuck?

Password: Only Numbers, upper and lower case letters allowed, no special characters. They even tell you that your password HAS TO HAVE 2 uppercase letters, two lower case letters and two numbers. Thank you my password would be even more secure than your suggestions but I CANNOT USE FUCKING SPECIAL CHARACTERS! Hell Windows can use login names with whitespace and passwords with special characters for ten years but every fucking MMO out there is too lame to implement something like that.

Address: Obviously in europe there are no cities so all you can enter is street name and postcode. After the things before I do not assume that they are intelligent enough to map the postcodes to cities.

NO REGISTRATION WITHOUT A DXDIAG FILE! So I cannot register from work and have too  wait until I am home this evening. Hint: checkboxes FTW!

The registration process alone makes me stabby, if the game proves to be as horrid as the signup for the beta I don't know if want to play.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 03:01:41 AM

I actually managed to register.

I hate Goa already, never played DaoC with them in charge as far as I remember.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 04:35:54 AM

I got directed to this site in my UK newsletter email today

www.war-europe.com/betacenter
Ryuno
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 05:59:42 AM

I really thought GOA would learn from their mistakes and not use flash.

Anyway, managed to signup at least.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 06:05:33 AM

The registration process alone makes me stabby, if the game proves to be as horrid as the signup for the beta I don't know if want to play.

tbh, the way this is going implies GOA plan to manage WAR in the same piss poor way they managed DAoC.

What that means, is that the central game itself will be fine except for endless network connectivity problems and 3 month patch delays, but there will be no in game support, email support will be operated by a team only barely able to get by in languages other than French, and the website you will have to do it through will be exactly as bad as the horror through which you just applied for beta.

If Daoc is anything to go by, you also won't be able to change passwords except by emailling support (and even then you couldn't pick your own password), and from time to time someone will get hold of an admin account and start spawning Dragons in Emain (ok, that only happened once).

I am Jack's ever growing irritation with the fact that not only have GOA been given this contract, but they've been allowed to present it's public interface in the same godawful way they did for daoc. I swear I remember Sanya assuring everyone that because GOA's web team were bunch of retarded ass monkeys (I'm paraphrasing), they had agreed to use the Mythic web presence for all regions.

If WAR does not sell more boxes in Europe than in the United States, it will be solely becuase of Mythic's poor choice of partner.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 06:07:54 AM

I really thought GOA would learn from their mistakes and not use flash.

What on earth did you base this boundless optimism upon?

I really hoped that someone at Mythic was at least paying attention to the shoddy way their poroduct is presented in Europe, I expected GOA to screw it up but have Mythic tell them to stop being bunch of fuck ups. Turns out even I was too damn optimistic.

HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 06:18:33 AM

/sigh

Can't sign up for the US beta because according to the Mythic website the UK DOES NOT EXIST.

Can't sign up for the EU beta because it means interacting with that PoS GOA website.
Do like I did and register to the US one with a fake address.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 06:31:04 AM

It does exist, we just call it "Airstrip 1".  Give that a try.
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 07:07:36 AM

I swear no one gets the ^H thing any more, it just never works when I try it.

Funny, I just listed lots followed by "lots and lots" for MMO experience.

Tell us about yourself and why you want to test our game.

These are fun questions too.  I kind of focused on the "tell us about yourself" part

V
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 07:20:48 AM

Funny, I just listed lots followed by "lots and lots" for MMO experience.

Tell us about yourself and why you want to test our game.

These are fun questions too.  I kind of focused on the "tell us about yourself" part

V

Fortunately the UK link didnt want any of that shite smiley

Although their expansive list of graphics cards didnt include my GeForce 6200 for some reason - I'll probably get in on the grounds I one of the few fools who hate themselves enough to run XP 64 bit!.......only to find out that the game wont run on it and the devs dont care - oh hang on that was Auto Assault, and maybe D&D Online (I tend to forget details of games I get to beta but for one reason or another wont actually run - although I do remember with having the bear minimum spec for Matrix Online beta and it not getting past the splash screen)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 07:35:49 AM

I had to PM Signe to ask what it meant/means.

I still don't get it.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 07:40:54 AM

I still don't get it
Suddenly I feel very very old.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 07:43:27 AM

HAHA!^W^W^W^W^Woops^U^U^U^UI'm sorry.  I tried.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 07:56:50 AM

I still don't get it
Suddenly I feel very very old.

Hah.  I might be older than you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: [WAR] Warhammer Online Beta Europeon^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAmericone Sign up Page  
Jump to: