Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:09:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: [WAR] Warhammer Online Beta Europeon^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAmericone Sign up Page 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [WAR] Warhammer Online Beta Europeon^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAmericone Sign up Page  (Read 32505 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #70 on: June 07, 2007, 02:40:03 PM

I wish my lawn was Emacs, then it would buffer what it cut.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #71 on: June 07, 2007, 04:02:28 PM

I wish my lawn was alive, then it would eat the neighborhood kids that keep breaking my sprinklers.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #72 on: June 08, 2007, 01:03:53 AM

I wish my lawn was alive, then it would eat the neighborhood kids that keep breaking my sprinklers.

It's Arizona.  Shouldn't you just be growing a cactus or two outside or something rather than trying to keep a lawn alive anyway?
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 08, 2007, 01:28:21 AM

It's Arizona.  Shouldn't you just be growing a cactus or two outside or something rather than trying to keep a lawn alive anyway?

Gotta entertain all the people that fly over some how.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 08, 2007, 03:47:30 AM

I wish I had a lawn. Damn overcrowded country.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #75 on: June 08, 2007, 04:04:34 AM

The best way to make your head explode is to read up on all the, "OMG we don't have enough water for people!" discussions, then go walking around the suburbs that look like they're straight from the east coast/ midwest.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 13, 2007, 03:24:54 PM

The best way to make your head explode is to read up on all the, "OMG we don't have enough water for people!" discussions, then go walking around the suburbs that look like they're straight from the east coast/ midwest.

See, that's one reason I wouldn't mind living in the Southwest.  "Oh no, it's not that I'm too lazy to actually keep up on yardwork, I'm just an environmentally conscious citizen!"

As it is, I'm over at my parent's house every weekend in the summer mowing their lawn, come fall I'm raking up their leaves.  If it were up to my father and I we'd cut down every tree in the yard and astroturf the whole damned lawn.  I don't think Mom would be too keen on that, though.
Kludge
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: June 14, 2007, 08:48:41 AM

lmao @ help box Address- "The physical location of your home, apartment, parent's basement, etc."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 29, 2007, 04:12:47 PM

From this month's newsletter....

Beta has started.

Apparently buff bots are being stopped by making buffs group only. Hmmmm.

Expansions will include more pve zones that don't include pvp.

There will be duelling. Mark Jacobs says so.

There will be gender specific classes.

Aim for a 1v1 pvp battle is that it should last around 30-60 seconds.

The game will have realm points - though they won't be called that.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 29, 2007, 04:52:06 PM

Horrible idea. I got SO sick of Valkyries in DAOC and Mithra in FFXI explaining that they were really a guy I wanted to throw up.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: June 29, 2007, 04:56:04 PM

From this month's newsletter....

Beta has started.

Expansions will include more pve zones that don't include pvp.

There will be duelling. Mark Jacobs says so.

Aim for a 1v1 pvp battle is that it should last around 30-60 seconds.

The game will have realm points - though they won't be called that.

Grrr, still havent got my newsletter. Anything on the KoTBS?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: June 29, 2007, 05:05:20 PM

So were most buffs in DAoC though, no? That was gotten around with the /follow command iirc. I'm sure there's more to stopping buff bots than just this, but I'd be looking for a more comprehensive solution like, say, buffs are are just a natural extension of a class already useful in other ways. We should be well beyond the days when the best thing a class can offer is periodic buffs, and otherwise is told to sit down and stop bothering the adults.
KyanMehwulfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: June 29, 2007, 05:11:00 PM

Grrr, still havent got my newsletter. Anything on the KoTBS?
Yeah they're the featured Career, so info and screens akin to the feature each month: how they fight or are to fight, concept art for low, mid, and high tier, etc.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #83 on: June 29, 2007, 05:57:58 PM

Is someone going to submit Bat Country to the Guild Database or don't we do that sort of thing?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: June 29, 2007, 06:04:46 PM

So were most buffs in DAoC though, no? That was gotten around with the /follow command iirc. I'm sure there's more to stopping buff bots than just this,

No, they weren't/aren't.

Not sure how the /follow command is relevant - that brings buff bots onto the battlefield were they could be killed by opponents. I'm not sure why that would be necessary under the WAR group-only rule, or the daoc setup.

Daoc buffbots sit in the TK, buff you, then you go out and kill stuff.

I'm surprised by the answer mind you, I was expecting something more in line with other mmogs that have successfully turned buffing and debuffing into an active, in-combat role, with proper decision making and tactical decisions and whatnot.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:07:46 PM by eldaec »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 30, 2007, 04:13:30 AM

Is someone going to submit Bat Country to the Guild Database or don't we do that sort of thing?

Possibly schild could submit bat country and set up a sticky thread that would last for about a month with people adding their name to it if they want in.

Then, when it is full he could delete it and post a mysterious post saying beta signups are over. He could even put it in the news box.

Or have you not gone crazy and are you thinking of a different guild database?

Anything on the KoTBS?

Tank/Bard. Crazy mustaches.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/images/careers/KOBS_06.jpg

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 30, 2007, 11:25:47 AM

I thought we already put our names into the WAR beta hat?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #87 on: June 30, 2007, 12:31:27 PM

We did.  This is just some guild database on their site. 

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: July 02, 2007, 06:53:16 AM

Those better be really short duration buffs or that'll do absolutely nothing to stop botting.  CoX might do buffs 100x better than DAoC did and they have empathy bots in the pvp zones throwing fortitudes and clear minds around.  Guild Wars has the best buffing system, imo.

Over and out.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #89 on: July 02, 2007, 10:24:49 AM

Horrible idea. I got SO sick of Valkyries in DAOC and Mithra in FFXI explaining that they were really a guy I wanted to throw up.

Witch Elves.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: July 02, 2007, 10:53:02 AM

Anything on the KoTBS?

Tank/Bard. Crazy mustaches.

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/media/images/careers/KOBS_06.jpg

Quite possibly the most ridiculous character concept I've seen yet.

King: "Sir Foozle, I would like you to take a detachment of knights and go forth and dispatch our foes!"

Sir Foozle: "I can't do that sir..."

King: "What??"

Sir Foozle: "I'm sorry sir, you see we knights are commanders. We are utterly incapable of defeating any foe by ourselves. I will of course be happy to raise a band of peasants against your enemies, sire!"

King: "Peasants?"

Sir Foozle: "Yes, sire! You see Peasants do not wear any armor. Thus by the laws of our realm, they must automagically be the most fearsome and fierce fighters, downing any foe with a single blow."

King: "Really? Well if the Peasants are so fierce why do I need you?"

Sir Foozle: "Ah, well you see your majesty, I make the peasants even more dangerous! I also protect the peasants by making them such avatars of destruction that the enemy will be compelled to try to slay me first. Hence why I wear such ridiculously heavy armor."

King: "Well, couldn't we just put the armor on the peasants?"

Sir Foozle: "Ah, no sire 'fraid not. If the peasants were allowed to don heavy armor they would suddenly lose all their damage dealing ability and they would be much like a mob of hookers swinging their purses. 'Tis the law of our realm."

King: "This is all so terribly confusing. How exactly do you help the peasants?"

Sir Foozle: "By twisting sire. I dance like this *does the twist* while periodically launching a totally ineffective blow against our foe, so that I may have the energy to twist more!

King: *facepalm* "The world has gone mad..."

Sir Foozle: "No sire, this all makes perfect sense once you speak with the bishop of Our Lady Of Perpetual Class Balance church!"

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 10:58:04 AM by Montague »

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: July 02, 2007, 11:04:40 AM

What?

You're right, I cannot think of any heroes from cinema or literature who, through skillful leadership and training, were able to improve the abilities of their comrades, or raise a peasant army, as well as being decent fighters themselves.

Also it's a completely new gameplay concept. There have never been RPG characters who can tank and chant auras.

Someone in the back just muttered something that sounded a bit like 'Paladin', pfft, what is the world coming to, people going about making up words.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 11:13:18 AM by eldaec »

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: July 02, 2007, 11:19:10 AM

What?

You're right, I cannot think of any heroes from cinema or literature who, through skillful leadership and training, were able to improve the abilities of their comrades, as well as being decent fighters themselves.

Also it's a completely new gameplay concept. There have never been RPG characters who can tank and chant auras.

Someone in the back just muttered something that sounded a bit like 'Paladin', pfft, what is the world coming to, people going about making up words.

I agree, I cannot think of any heroes from cinema or literature who improved the abilities of their comrades slightly by performing repetitive actions because they were ineffective in all other aspects of combat.

Just because it's been done before in a different form makes it no less ridiculous.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: July 02, 2007, 11:49:52 AM

The repetitive thing has nothing to do with any information you have about this class, it's just your assumption based on the fact that this is a dikumud. That doesn't make it wrong, but it has nothing to do with this class specifically. Or should I be reading between the lines that DAoC pally 'twisting' touched you in a bad place (despite the fact that it was a bug left in at "the community"'s insistence)? 

Also, where do you get the 'KotBS won't be effective in combat' thing from? It might be true, I'm not in beta, I have no idea, but it doesn't say that anywhere, it says the exact opposite. You appear to just be engaging in the finest traditions of intarweb making-shit-up.

AngryGumball
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: July 02, 2007, 12:11:47 PM

meh, I'm kinda bummed my own lazy fault.

I was on the Warhammer newletter list since last August 06, somewhere around Febuary I stopped receiving the newsletters, now I read somewhere that you get a little extra bump to getting into beta if you were on the newsletter, so I figured I'd write a letter to one of their CSRs before I applied to beta, then I never did it then I heard 200k applied then I realized wouldn't mean squat, so I simply didn't apply to beta. *plays sadness song :P*

I was at Comic-Con 2006, I could not believe how good WAR was playing back then how smoothe it was playing. Mrs. Weathers was showing me the game while talking about it as I quizzed her about UO Gunk, while someone else was playing WAR she was confused on why there was some kind of higher level ORC running around stomping on people and how it had to been someone back in Fairfax that had logged on, was fun to see that both the person stomping around at higher level and the confusion on Mrs. Weathers as to why they were there.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #95 on: July 02, 2007, 12:24:58 PM

Wat u say? 

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: July 02, 2007, 12:49:30 PM

The repetitive thing has nothing to do with any information you have about this class, it's just your assumption based on the fact that this is a dikumud. That doesn't make it wrong, but it has nothing to do with this class specifically. Or should I be reading between the lines that DAoC pally 'twisting' touched you in a bad place (despite the fact that it was a bug left in at "the community"'s insistence)? 

Also, where do you get the 'KotBS won't be effective in combat' thing from? It might be true, I'm not in beta, I have no idea, but it doesn't say that anywhere, it says the exact opposite. You appear to just be engaging in the finest traditions of intarweb making-shit-up.

You could say I have a mild annoyance with the twisting concept. As for making shit up we'll see when either of us get in beta or at release. My pessimism stems from the apparent requirement for a diku MMO that the knight/paladin class must always spend his time doing something other than killing the enemy in order to be effective. If the Knight class IS an effective combatant at release you can be sure he will be nerfed into the ground in short order.

And no, I'm not jaded at all. 

Edit - Signe that avatar is udderly disturbing.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: July 02, 2007, 01:10:43 PM

All classes in WAR appear to be deisgned with a primary/secondary role. When everything is a hybrid, then nobody is viewed as ineffective in relative terms (at least not specifically because of the hybrid 'discount' on primary role effectiveness).

As well as tanking, tanks provide buffs (human, Chaos), debuffs (Dwarf, probably D Elf), or crowd control (Orc, probably H Elf).

Another example, healers have buff/debuff (dwarf, chaos), nukes (orc, probably H Elf), or melee (Human, probably D Elf).

and so on...

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: July 02, 2007, 06:54:51 PM

When I read the KotBS description, all I can think of is DaoC Paladin 2.0.

Twisting sucks, a lot. Down with twisting.  angry

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #99 on: July 02, 2007, 06:57:11 PM

What's "twisting" in the DAoC context? I know what it is for EQ since a Bard was my main. Is it the same sort of thing?
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: July 02, 2007, 07:03:06 PM

What's "twisting" in the DAoC context? I know what it is for EQ since a Bard was my main. Is it the same sort of thing?

Twisting did have it's upside, though.  It was the only thing keeping me from dropping dead of boredom in EQ.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: July 02, 2007, 07:05:04 PM

Rapidly changing aura's to keep all the effects up at the same time, usually in a sequenced order.

Paladins, Bards and Minstrels were all capable of twisting. Bards and Minstrels got to change instruments while twisting, but it wasn't "required" outside of rare circumstances, Paladins pretty much had to twist or they sucked even more then normal in PvP.

You either purchased a Nostromo pad or developed carpel tunnel.  :-(

If they actually put twisting in WAR, that's basically a class I won't be playing. Much hate for twisting.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: July 02, 2007, 07:18:23 PM

Twisting did have it's upside, though.  It was the only thing keeping me from dropping dead of boredom in EQ.

I could only ever play tank in EQ.  Everything else bored me to tears.  Tank at least let you run around and control the pace a bit as you pulled and dealt with adds.  Even then if you were someplace you were comfortable with it only got as good as "Hit A and go make a sandwich."

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #103 on: July 03, 2007, 08:56:20 AM

Tank at least let you run around and control the pace a bit as you pulled

That made me both laugh and cry at the same time. Laugh because for the first 6+ expansions, tanks that thought they should pull regularly got the party wiped (I was a monk btw), and for that second half of the expansions, it made be cry because SoE bowed down and took away (ok, so it was self-created, but still) a unique class role for bards/monks and let anyone be able to successfully break up a camp into 2-3 npcs.

I'm completely ignoring the fact here that pulling was a successful tactic in the first place, as for the most part it certainly breaks immersion, etc, etc.

Rumors of War
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: [WAR] Warhammer Online Beta Europeon^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAmericone Sign up Page  
Jump to: