Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 12:59:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Forum Drama: KT capable Horde Guild eats the ban stick. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forum Drama: KT capable Horde Guild eats the ban stick.  (Read 31596 times)
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 13, 2006, 10:02:38 PM

Heaven forbid people should spend 5 hours at a time enjoying themselves. Crazier things have been known to happen.
schild
Administrator

Reply #106 on: November 14, 2006, 02:28:59 AM

I had a really long post here, but it's not worth it.

The moment a game makes me spend more than an hour to get to the real content, I stop playing.

And you people wonder why I don't play MMOGs anymore.

I'll tell you why - they're a goddamn waste of my time. My 3 hour Lumines II session tonight was more fun than I've ever had with designer created content in an MMOG.

And Lumines II sucks.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #107 on: November 14, 2006, 07:27:34 PM

For some reason, I seem to be getting more patient as I get older, not less.

That's the only reason I can credit as to why I still like WoW after having played it for so long.

Witty banter not included.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: November 14, 2006, 09:17:18 PM

Heaven forbid people should spend 5 hours at a time enjoying themselves. Crazier things have been known to happen.

BUT I COULD QUIT ANY TIME!!!!?

Seek help, you are trying to justify spending countless hours on a repetitive task just to get to something fun.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #109 on: November 14, 2006, 09:43:51 PM

Seek help, you are trying to justify spending countless hours on a repetitive task just to get to something fun.

5 hours straight, no. 4-5 hours over two days? Sure I do like raiding with my alliance mates and shooting the shit. If you hate the people you raid with, you hate your job in the raid, and you are just there for loot, boy it's going to suck ass.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #110 on: November 15, 2006, 01:04:55 AM

Speaking of community oriented guilds, one of the best has been put to music:

http://files.filefront.com/More_Dotswav/;5129892;;/fileinfo.html

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: November 15, 2006, 09:01:11 AM

It wasn't even that good, but between the techno remix of Loituma's song and More Dots I was cracking up.  Thanks.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #112 on: November 17, 2006, 10:54:51 AM

The funny part of this situation to me is I grew up with the GM of Overrated.

Overrated was basically the hardcore guys that broke off from my WoW guild (I was guild master, and we werent about to raid 6 nights a week). One of the last straws was they secretly did a pull of Broodlord that was considered an exploit (basically putting any acct on that raid ID at risk) and soon after they broke off. In the end they merged with the Elite guild of the server, Bloodsworn,  and they transferred off Shadow Moon to Black Dragonflight due to our horrible hardware.

Here is my understanding of the events. They were the first and only Horde guild to down Kel. Some members decided to try a dumb hack, the GM (my friend) basically looked the other way, and after 2 raids like this they were banned. There was no grand scheme to make a big statement or to go out with a bang (maybe there was but only by a very limited number of people, not all of Overrated). Anyone that had that raid ID or the one from the raid before was banned. Even those that did not hack their clients were banned (and I basically agree with it).

There was prolly 10k worth of accounts in that guild. Whoops!

Anyways, its a small Virtual World of 7.5 million people. I knew like 3/4 of the guild, and a handful of them in RL.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 17, 2006, 11:21:21 AM

Also, the thing that got them caught was their MT told his E-girlfriend about them hacking it (she happened to be a heavy raider elsewhere) who in turn reported them. The moral of the story:

Don't hack. If you do hack, don't tell people.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: November 17, 2006, 05:26:25 PM

They were the first and only Horde guild to down Kel.

North American Horde, yes. A Euro Horde guild actually got the world first. (Pedantic I know, but just wanted to clear that up :P.)

Also, the thing that got them caught was their MT told his E-girlfriend about them hacking it (she happened to be a heavy raider elsewhere) who in turn reported them.

Lol.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 17, 2006, 07:41:28 PM

Yeah, sorry... Euros rock shit! :)

Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 17, 2006, 08:02:27 PM

I already quit, but nice try.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Forum Drama: KT capable Horde Guild eats the ban stick.  
Jump to: