Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:22:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254518 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1645 on: September 16, 2009, 01:00:15 AM

Haven't played Rock Band or Guitar Hero.  I did check them out at Best Buy the other day-  they look terribly uninteresting, for my tastes.

For me they're not great solo experiences (though my wife used to come home from work and blow off steam by playing GH2 for a solid hour or two, back in the day) - to me they are more social gaming - something low-stress that's good and fun to play with friends/partners.

The plastic clicky demo guitar in the retail store doesn't really give off that vibe.

Got my wife to pick up the Fallout DLC disc and GH5 for us both on her way home from work! Win!

The Pitt bothered me but I thought it was at least interesting. It bothered me not in the "this is weak/not worth it" sense but in the "this is an especially nasty part of the Fallout world and I want an option to drag another nuclear weapon back here and give it the Megaton treatment". That was part of the problem: in the rest of the game, you're generally given some branching options that define your character's morality, and a lot of those are pretty decent branches--you can be psychotic, you can be self-interested, you can be Lawman Jesus. In the Pitt you couldn't be psychotic, self-interested or Lawman Jesus, really--you could just be manipulated by nasty fuckers on all sides. I get it, I get it, but it isn't the way the rest of the game is set up.

I got to a point where I carefully saved me game. Then proceeded to systematically slaughter every one of the slavers that I could find, from the lowliest no-name right up to the grand poo-bah, as well as any of the slaves (who were by now aggroed onto me) who got in my way.

After that I was able to reload my game and go on with the story.

What I've been playing? A couple of sessions of Beatles since we got it, and a small amount of that Hulk game on 360, which always makes me feel a bit dirty. It crashed on eme after I completed 4 missions, too. Yay.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:02:41 AM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1646 on: September 16, 2009, 02:47:26 AM

Played through a little bit of Crackdown, but it feels a little bit redundant having played through inFamous.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1647 on: September 16, 2009, 06:01:24 AM

I plan to buy another copy of Crackdown on Friday, so my wife can co-op her way through the game with me.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1648 on: September 16, 2009, 10:18:20 AM

NHL 10 is out. I will now play it 10 hours a day until lack of sleep and carpal tunnel claim me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1649 on: September 18, 2009, 02:52:04 AM

Just started up Jeanne d'Arc (3-4 hours in), and it fills my heart with such joy DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS.

Even before getting to FFT (or Persona 3: Portable), I'm super-happy with my new PSP.

Heart

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1650 on: September 18, 2009, 07:05:32 AM

I have gone for something completely different: X3 Terran Conflict!

It's like a return to the old days, space combat and desperately trying to get the game to work on an XBox 360 controller. Awfully pretty though (except for ships disappearing when destroyed).

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1651 on: September 18, 2009, 07:27:08 AM

Fallen Earth [PC] : still level 3 and I can't seem to stop harvesting materials.  This is fine because I'm going for crafter but I need to do some quests and kill some things.  I had to make a decision on an offensive skill and put some points into pistol.

Last Remnant [360] : Got my ass handed to me by that damned Eldritch Dragon again.  Fucker.  Also was destroyed by The Fallen!  Not my night, I guess.  Gave up and played FE until 0245.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #1652 on: September 18, 2009, 12:23:50 PM

I made the mistake of reading the Fallen Earth forums. $100 later I have a copy and a 3 month subscription. Between this and NHL 10 I am officially out of gaming time for the foreseeable future.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1653 on: September 18, 2009, 12:48:21 PM

League of Legends and MAG hopefully tonight.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1654 on: September 18, 2009, 01:01:08 PM

League of Legends is all up in my face tonight, but this weekend it's Fallen Earth time.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1655 on: September 18, 2009, 03:40:20 PM

LoL is a love/hate game. There is no middle ground.
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1656 on: September 18, 2009, 05:34:15 PM

SMT: Devil Survivor on DS, has been fun so far. I'm probably not very far yet (just ran into and from this Beldr guy). Demon fusion seems a bit less complicated than what it was on Persona 3, in other words crappy auction bought demons can be fused into something useful, unlike Persona 3 where you had to level the bastards before fusing for optimum results.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #1657 on: September 19, 2009, 12:09:58 PM

No longer just playing Demon's Souls... it seems to have invaded my dreams as well.
While the MAG updating has been endless fun, I still have hopes of actually getting in game to test it once it considers my version worthy.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #1658 on: September 20, 2009, 04:40:22 PM

I bought Command & Conquer 3 Red Alert a few weeks ago and finally installed it yesterday.  Watched the intro movie and about two minutes of the first tutorial.  Now I just need some free time to actually play. 

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1659 on: September 20, 2009, 11:32:05 PM

I bought Batman Arkham Asylum and loving every second of it. I use mouse and keyboard, and it works quite well.

Also bought Elemental, but after a quick skim, I'll give it another patch or two. The Upkeep doesn't seem to work yet and throws out random numbers. I jump from -100 gold per turn to 5gold per turn with a Warfare upgrade, and back down with the next one.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1660 on: September 21, 2009, 08:24:10 AM

Finally cracked my copy of Sins of a Solar Empire this weekend, and my Homeworld-acclimated hands immediately despaired of it. The camera doesn't seem to stay locked to the unit I select, making it necessary to repeatedly pause the game to struggle to bring the action into view.

Also got around to actually playing Mount & Blade beyond the tutorials. Dangerously fucking awesome. Luke K at BioWare likened it to Side Meier's Pirates, and I'm finding that true. Did I mention I lost most of three years to the 1986 version of Pirates?

Mostly, though, I've been working on my music MMORPG.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1661 on: September 21, 2009, 08:30:06 AM

Finally cracked my copy of Sins of a Solar Empire this weekend, and my Homeworld-acclimated hands immediately despaired of it. The camera doesn't seem to stay locked to the unit I select, making it necessary to repeatedly pause the game to struggle to bring the action into view.

It takes some getting used to but the camera tracks whatever you have your mouse over.

It's actually really smooth once you come to grips with it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1662 on: September 21, 2009, 09:48:12 AM

Get ye to the guitar thread! It's not just for guitars.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1663 on: September 21, 2009, 09:56:10 AM

Get ye to the guitar thread! It's not just for guitars.

The thread's name is awfully misleading, then.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1664 on: September 21, 2009, 10:19:33 AM

Some new games, so worth an update.

Still playing WoW. What else can you say?

In the PC vein, scored an XP friendly copy of Fallout, Fallout 2, and that other thing that shall remain unmentioned. After finishing Fallout 3 (three times), going back to the roots is rather illuminating. I recalled the old games being pretty hard and very unforgiving: my memory was correct. Fun, though. Still buggy, too. Too bad Van Buren never made it. Still trying to get a copy of a friend's Hexen for my DOOMsday engine.

The 360...ahh, the 360. Sacred 2 still getting a little time here and there. Pretty game, dripping with loot, but I can see why Ascaron finally tanked. Most of my console time at the moment is with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. This game rocks. Turning Ms. Marvel anti-reg and burning Stark a new one was...satisfying. Running with a New Avengers team and liking it quite a bit. I never did get anywhere with Fable 2 and I've been thinking about rectifying that, if I can find some time away from WoW.

Future: well, Borderlands threatens on the horizon, and I'm still torn on platform (leaning PC at the moment). Anything further out than Oct is off my radar, though.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1665 on: September 21, 2009, 10:49:20 AM

The thread's name is awfully misleading, then.
Started as a guitar thread, technically Nebu plays a (bass) guitar. CJT's new vid is a uke, Raph also plays piano, etc. Kinda became a musical catchall thread.

MUA2...god I wish there was a pc version. I have Sacred 2 ($20!) and RE4 on deck for when I finish GTA4 and that last game of FFH2 as Sheaim with the massive world war going on. Fiancee is also dropping hints about playing EQ2 again, I think mostly because she can't nap when I'm blowing shit up in GTA4.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1666 on: September 22, 2009, 08:22:48 AM

Just picked up Sacred 2. Nice, pointy, clicky, killy, fun. Picked up a Crash Bandicoot game for my wife on the GameCube. Hopefully it's going to run alright - disc looked a bit scratched up. Might try it out tonight. Thinking about Fallen Earth....

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1667 on: September 22, 2009, 08:28:07 AM

Playing Fallen Earth. LotRO has been put on the back burner for now.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1668 on: September 22, 2009, 10:03:35 AM

Just WoW.   swamp poop  The two Playstation games I picked up didn't do much for me so I've given them to my nephew.  Cryptic was nice enough to give me a refund for my sub, although I've kept the unopened box just in case they're able to turn it around.  I can't think of anything else to play!  Today I'm having a new floor put in the master bath so I'm playing "keep the cats out of the way".  It's not as fun as it might sound.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1669 on: September 22, 2009, 11:49:37 AM

WoW = herding cats, no?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1670 on: September 22, 2009, 01:21:58 PM

Last Remnant and The Witcher until I get DSL again.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1671 on: September 22, 2009, 07:19:54 PM

Playing X3: Terran Conflict and doing my best to be patient with it. It's my first try at an X* title and it's overwhelming, to say the least.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1672 on: September 22, 2009, 10:57:25 PM

Titan Quest LAN, Saints Row 2 and Burnout Paradise Co-op with the wife.
Tiny bit of solo WoW, but it's not real interesting solo..

2 XBoxes set up side by side =  Heart awesome, for real

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1673 on: September 23, 2009, 01:07:30 AM

Playing the hell out of League of Legends and that's about it at the moment.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1674 on: September 23, 2009, 02:28:29 AM

Some old friend dragged me into playing EQ2 again, because they finally got fed up with WoW.

Patching almost 15gig while I work. That game has become quite large!
Phire
Terracotta Army

Reply #1675 on: September 23, 2009, 07:36:50 AM

On my third run through ODST this time on coop. With 4 player we are destroying Heroic like it easy difficulty and the people I am playing with aren't the best players. Can't wait to do one more go through on legendary and then its off to Firefight!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1676 on: September 23, 2009, 08:45:12 AM

On my third run through ODST this time on coop. With 4 player we are destroying Heroic like it easy difficulty and the people I am playing with aren't the best players. Can't wait to do one more go through on legendary and then its off to Firefight!

I hate you because my 360 is still being repaired somewhere in Germany.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1677 on: September 23, 2009, 10:00:38 AM

You know how I know you're Nix's roommate?

You like Halo.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1678 on: September 23, 2009, 10:47:13 AM

Playing X3: Terran Conflict and doing my best to be patient with it. It's my first try at an X* title and it's overwhelming, to say the least.

If you read the something awful thread a lot of Eve players comment that the learning curve is actually steeper than Eve's.  Which is pretty impressive.

Anyway, I have a small illegal alcohol complex up and running, about half a dozen automated traders zipping around space wheeling and dealing, a small defensive fleet of 4 fighters and 2 corvettes and am training up my first batch of Marines to see if I can pull off some Grand Theft Capital Ship.

The game has a lot of depth, if you stick with it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1679 on: September 23, 2009, 11:21:04 AM

The Witcher is a great substitute for a MMO.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: