Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:50:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2220037 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1575 on: September 04, 2009, 12:09:51 PM

I'm fuckin' hopeless, a lost cause.

First I re-started Oblivion and Fallout 3 for good hoping to finally beat them; but then,  dunno why, I got this strange impulse to install Arcanum again, and started playing that again. Shortly after, the 2D environment, the nice writing and all pushed me to install Planescape Torment once again, so I've been playing that for a bit.

Oh, and then I noticed how cheap Freedom Force is on Steam, and I never played that; but then the announcement of WoW cataclysm came, so I reinstalled that and created a few characters and played a Tauren up to level 17. But two days ago I got this strange tingle on my back so I installed both Baldur's Gates and added Tutu to them.

But I would like to progress with Company of Heroes; but then again, I'm still on the middle of a seson in Football Manager 2009.

Oh, and I finally managed to download the Aion open beta client.

Oh, and Fallen Earth is fast approaching.

DAMN IT[/b]

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1576 on: September 04, 2009, 03:07:46 PM

I used to be like you.

Choose something and finish it.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #1577 on: September 04, 2009, 03:58:42 PM

I am still like him and keep telling myself I need to choose and finish something... but that never works out. And now I've added a PS3 to my cluster-fuck so I'm actively bouncing between Demon's Souls, Uncharted, Resident Evil 5, Sacred 2, Battlefield 1943, Shadow Complex, Rock Band 2, Fallen Earth, Crysis, Fallout 3 X-packs...
add Killzone 2 that shows up from gamefly tomorrow and Aion open-beta-preview-fileplanet-whateveritis that starts on the 6th. Oy!

3 day weekend and likely won't make any noticeable headway on any of these games. How to stop the madness?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1578 on: September 04, 2009, 04:15:34 PM

Make a distinction between games that are finishable, and games that are activities.
Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Street Fighter, Final Fight, Battlefield games, TF2, Wii Sports, World of Warcraft, etc are activities. You never really finish them, and so you can play them forever.
Then there are games which are finishable. Resident Evil, Uncharted, Far Cry, Crysis, Fallout 3, etc. You know, stuff with a single-player campaign.

Choose one of the latter to blast through, two to dip in and out of, and two of the activities to dick around in. Now you're playing only 5 games!  awesome, for real

I mean, you might have 50 games installed on your PC, and another 50 console titles you played for 10 mins-5 hours, and another 100 games you've never installed or even looked at, but unless you're actively playing them occasionally, they're just stuff you own that's been shelved for the time being. I played a level of Left4Dead to show the game to a friend this week, but it doesn't mean I'm playing it, nor does it mean It's binned. Its just 'shelved" for the moment.

As for me:
Grinding ants for hitpoints in EDF
Played some more LAN TitanQuest this week
Mucked around in that Hulk game on 360
Played a few songs in GH:Greatest Hits (bargain bin purchase in anticipation of importing the tracks into GH5 in a few weeks)
Been playing Mario Kart on DS. Fun but the same-old factor is huge.

Fallout 3 on hold until the DLC2 disc comes out in a couple weeks (fuck the spaceship DLC)

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1579 on: September 05, 2009, 07:00:17 AM

If anyone needs some more games to add to their backlog, GoGamer.com is having a Labor Day sale, with a bunch of titles for $2-$10.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1580 on: September 05, 2009, 10:31:36 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!  You can get the Age of Conan Collector's Edition for 8 bucks!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1581 on: September 05, 2009, 12:45:17 PM

AoC is worth at least a free month. I really enjoyed it. Protip: roll a conqueror.

Thought about finishing GTA4 and loaded it up this morning, but forgot it didn't have antialiasing. Blah. Thought it was the patch that had disabled it, dicked with it for a bit and then just loaded up FFH2 again.

My Sheaim are steamrolling the normal civs, thanks to Hyborem spawning right on the opposite side of my two main opponents. I pushed one opponent off his island (playing islands, one big on per civ plus archipelago), so he's an archipelago dweller and in trouble. Perpentach is being a mofo with the culture as always, but the big bad demon is laying the smack. We've pushed the armageddon counter over 60, and the first two horsemen are laying waste to some unknown part of the world, but the third one just popped up by my newly-conquered territory and I've been relying on mages and zerg to fight, no big hitters at all (still researching my black dragon, hobbled at the start by having the red dragon on my starting isle).

Probably the toughest FFH2 so far, partly because I've never played Sheaim before, so the style is new to me.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1582 on: September 05, 2009, 04:32:20 PM

Well, for 8 bucks, it could be worth several months.  Not so long ago the CE was 80 bucks or something, no?  I played recently for almost two months.  It was okay for a short stint.  It motivated me to resubscribe to WoW, though.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1583 on: September 05, 2009, 08:39:34 PM

Damn, if they shipped internationally I would easily grab a bunch of things, and yeah, including Conan for that price..

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1584 on: September 05, 2009, 09:25:27 PM

If anyone needs some more games to add to their backlog, GoGamer.com is having a Labor Day sale, with a bunch of titles for $2-$10.
The LotR Online Special Edition is $1.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1585 on: September 06, 2009, 01:39:05 AM

I would buy that, but I can't figure out how to actually register an account without giving up my CC info first.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1586 on: September 06, 2009, 08:07:49 AM

But that's all they do, isn't it?  Sell games?  What else would you need an account for but to buy something?  What am I missing?  I just made the coffee now so chances are, I'm missing something.

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1587 on: September 06, 2009, 10:04:33 AM

On less reputable sites I don't know much about I would want to avoid attaching my account information to my login info. Even though I'm sure they keep the information anyhow it's comforting to know they won't retrieve my CC information on demand, hopefully decreasing the likelihood it's sitting in an non-secure database somewhere. In fact, I'd usually prefer they use some third party processing site for one-time CC payments.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1588 on: September 06, 2009, 10:59:41 AM

I also don't care for sites that want to record cc info. Optional is great, mandatory sucks. I was tempted by Call of Juarez for a buck, but Just Cause was sold out and the only other thing I was remotely interested in was LotRO, so bleh. I've got enough games.

Got steamrolled by the horsemen in FFH2, started another Sheaim game to see if I can balance the AC vs setting up better defenses against those bastards.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1589 on: September 06, 2009, 05:01:18 PM

But that's all they do, isn't it?  Sell games?  What else would you need an account for but to buy something?  What am I missing?  I just made the coffee now so chances are, I'm missing something.

What they said, plus I can't see the total price (+shipping) without entering CC info, and I don't want any "mistakes" to happen.

Pretty much I'm being paranoid because I've never heard of the site before.

Edit: Typo
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:11:35 AM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1590 on: September 07, 2009, 11:59:54 AM

Oh right.  Yes, I don't blame you.  I think the same.  I thought there was something more to the site than I was seeing and couldn't figure out what it was. 

Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #1591 on: September 07, 2009, 12:33:09 PM

But that's all they do, isn't it?  Sell games?  What else would you need an account for but to buy something?  What am I missing?  I just made the coffee now so chances are, I'm missing something.

What they said, plus I can't see the total price (+shipping) without entering CC info, and I don't want and "mistakes" to happen.

Pretty much I'm being paranoid because I've never heard of the site before.

I buy most of my games from gogamer.com and have done so for many years without any problems. Their website is a bit odd, but you can delete any stored CC info after you've gotten your game(s). If your bank or CC has the option, you can create a one-time or limited-use CC number.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1592 on: September 08, 2009, 06:50:25 AM

Mana Khemia still.  Got kinda stuck trying to make a warm muscat sorbet, which is pretty damn hard.

Fable II because I was watching a friend play it over the weekend.  I checked on my guy and he got 711,000+ gold from nine months of ignoring rental properties.  I also was surprised to discover that I had bought the Knothole Island DLC, so I went to see what that was about.  Everyone on the island wants to have my babies also.

Animal Crossing: City Folk
Last Remnant
LotRO

Wet demo... seems like fun and I could get into it but not sure I want to.  Controls need a tiny bit of adjustment.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1593 on: September 08, 2009, 08:13:34 AM

I'm now finished with Far Cry.  Heartbreak

The level where you fall from a chopper and have to sneak around unarmed is just disgusting. I don't want to play idiotic stuff like that. Thankfully Crysis and Crysis Warhead are much better, because they're up next.  
WayAbvPar

Reply #1594 on: September 08, 2009, 10:28:58 AM

What do they charge for shipping? Fallout 3 is $12 cheaper than on Steam, which is very tempting.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1595 on: September 08, 2009, 10:56:35 AM

Mana Khemia still.  Got kinda stuck trying to make a warm muscat sorbet, which is pretty damn hard.

Gah, I remember that one.  That took me like 10 tries, even knowing what I was supposed to do.

Screwing around in DDO and lotro.
Still way behind Yegolev in Last Remnant.  It's way too easy to get lost in all the subquests and not advance the plot.
Nearly done with Devil Survivor.  Only have two fights left.  But they're both fights that make me want to throw my DS.
Been messing around with Tropico 1 and Port Royale 2, since they showed up cheap on steam.  I need to remember to stay away from games like this where I just lose track of the time.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1596 on: September 09, 2009, 10:11:49 AM

Playing Animal Crossing: City Folk against my wife's wishes, but she's sick and I'm stronger so HA!  In Zigtown, it's currently July 15, 2009 and I have discovered the goldmine which is nighttime beetle hunting.  The main problem with this is that I have to dump the beetles in my house until Nook's shop opens up, but thanks to just two hours of beetling I have managed to get The Nookfather to build a basement under my house before I passed out for the night.

I also conjured up a Friend Code and will see about some scheme whereby I can get foreign fruit planted in my town, which should help lubricate the financial situation.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1597 on: September 09, 2009, 10:29:41 AM

Since my XBox died I have no idea what to play for the rest of the week except old MMOs.

schild
Administrator

Reply #1598 on: September 09, 2009, 10:34:29 AM

Since my XBox died I have no idea what to play for the rest of the week except old MMOs.

Fallen Earth theoretically starts in 3 hours.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1599 on: September 09, 2009, 10:40:44 AM

Fallen Earth theoretically starts in 3 hours.

I was gonna wait until I get the new rig but what the hell.
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #1600 on: September 09, 2009, 10:52:15 AM

Mini Ninjas!

Think Mario with a Katana.  Fun game.  If the difficulty doesn't start to ramp up soon on Medium may ramp it up to Hard (which you can do on the fly) or just do the next playthrough on Hard.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1601 on: September 09, 2009, 01:17:20 PM

Oh man, I lied, I totally did not buy Fallen Earth yet. I did finally activate my LOTRO trial though. Blame it on the wine.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1602 on: September 09, 2009, 02:53:09 PM

The Beatles: Rock Band is fucking amazing. Unless you absolutely loathe The Beatles, this is a must buy.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1603 on: September 09, 2009, 03:01:23 PM

I still don't get the fascination with rhythm games.  I suppose they're fun if you have people constantly over.

Trying to play Demon's Souls again.  I don't think I'll be able to until my son sleeps a bit easier (and a bit earlier) at night.  Maybe I'll finish off Persona 4 instead (although a long ending scene could make this problematic).

WoW.  Getting back into pvp.  This maybe a mistake. Warlock v. melee is almost comedy.

-Rasix
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1604 on: September 09, 2009, 04:32:07 PM

I'm going through an xbox phase again. I even bought a third one (2nd elite) to play during the week while staying in edinburgh. IL-2 Sturmovik is strange: I used to play flight sims a lot 15-20 years ago, but I'm too rusty to play on the super-realistic settings. I'm replaying some shooters and WWII stuff to finish them, and got Arkham Asylum and Fallout 3 (at last). I must say that while I hated Oblivion, Fallout 3 is much better written and designed, and I've really enjoyed it thus far.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1605 on: September 10, 2009, 08:26:44 AM

I still don't get the fascination with rhythm games.  I suppose they're fun if you have people constantly over.

They are great party games. But they are also good at what I believe video games are meant to be - escapist wish fulfillment. Most of us will never be rock gods, or even competent musicians, but a game like Guitar Hero does a really good job of making it FEEL like you've just slammed home that power chord which drives the crowd wild. All it's missing is groupie blowjobs and rampant drug abuse.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1606 on: September 10, 2009, 10:04:45 AM

It isn't just the gameplay of TB:RB- it is the presentation and all the bells and whistles. It is a celebration of the music and the phenomenon of Beatlemania, as well as a history lesson. It is really damned cool.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #1607 on: September 10, 2009, 11:45:02 AM

The scarecrow part of Arkham Asylum reminded Scott of Eternal Darkness (he saw me playing it some years ago) and so we cracked out on ED over the weekend. Such a great game. I wish they'd make a new one.

And no, not erectile dysfunction. Dorks.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1608 on: September 10, 2009, 12:32:49 PM

My free time has been entirely sucked away by X3:Terran Conflict.

If you've played an X game before than X3:TC is all the same but with the knob turned up to 11.  It still has a lot of the uh, amusing, quirks that we have come to know and love from Egosoft but it does so much else so much better than any of the previous games that I am eager to overlook its faults.

If you've never played an X game it's basically an enormous open ended space 4X game crossed with Elite crossed with Privateer.  If you aren't a fan of sandbox games though stay the hell away as this game will frustrate you no end.  The best advice for playing any X game is to ignore the main quest completely and go make your own adventure, X3 is a little better in that every major faction has a quest line but even so, the quests are, at best inscrutable and confusing with often mediocre rewards.

If you are a fan of sandboxes or space shooters I would highly recommended it, just save often.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Phire
Terracotta Army

Reply #1609 on: September 10, 2009, 02:13:01 PM

I found the Beatles RB to be very boring.  undecided

I am just about to start a second Ultimate Alliance with some of my Marvel friends! I hope its good!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: