Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:08:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969399 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4830 on: April 09, 2009, 08:35:16 AM

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1045714&page=1#28

Seems, to no ones surprise, BNC has started trying to recruit anyone who has shown any interest ever

I guess this is why Avon (BNC recruiter) is sending these eve mails out to ppl who applied to BNC like 1.5 years ago awesome, for real

===================
Greetings
Black Nova Recruitment has re-opened. This is a letter of intent to recruit you into Black Nova Corp. If your still interested plz send you Api back so I can go forward with the recruitment.
===================

Desperate times require desperate recruitment itt .

Hic sunt dracones.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4831 on: April 09, 2009, 09:09:47 AM

Spies go!     DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Witty banter not included.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4832 on: April 09, 2009, 09:23:38 AM

I am not sure that is such a big deal.  All groups need *some* level of recruitment to prevent stagnation.  Combat losses can certainly drive down numbers/participation.  Bob's goal is retaking Delve.  This will require more forces than they needed for conflicts of bygone years.  The game changed, you need more numbers.  If this mail was sent in response to an old forum app it makes a certain amount of sense.  If it was from old ingame apps, which seems less likely but possible, it is not the soundest idea.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4833 on: April 09, 2009, 09:48:12 AM

The big deal is that BNC has been hemorrhaging numbers over the past 3 weeks, and this is apparently from ingame apps as it was stated this is from an eve mail.

Hardly the perveiw of an elite alliance that is choosy about its recruits, and BNC has always snorted that it is invite only and all that stuff.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 09:52:30 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4834 on: April 09, 2009, 10:38:43 AM

Drastically lowering recruitment standards is pretty much what got them into a mess in the first place, but it's pretty common to see last ditch mass recruitment in dying alliances.  Probably only their pride keeps them posting recruitments thread or spamming Jita.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4835 on: April 09, 2009, 01:10:22 PM

GS just screwed up and lost a bunch of caps in Delve with very little to show for it.  At least 7 dreads and 2 carrier down so far it looks like.

Should of been even more losses but a lot of them were able to warp/jump out even with multiple hacs/dictors/hictors on the field.  swamp poop
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:18:23 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4836 on: April 09, 2009, 01:19:39 PM

Is it the part of the war where goons lose focus and start fucking up repeatedly already, or was that just a random mistake?  awesome, for real
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #4837 on: April 09, 2009, 01:20:39 PM

Is it the part of the war where goons lose focus and start fucking up repeatedly already, or was that just a random mistake?  awesome, for real

Yes.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4838 on: April 09, 2009, 01:25:52 PM

I'll do a writeup of what happened here in a bit (I was one of the lucky dreads that go out), sitting down for lunch with my wife atm.

*edit*

Ok, so a short notice call goes out for Dreads to do a quick tower reinforcement hoping to get a good timer.  We get a fleet up and jump to a midpoint.  After a few minutes the FC calls out that plans have changed.  We got word of an EXE tower being anchored and we have a cyno ready at it.  We jump through and are told to seige on contact and shoot the tower.  Local is only 2-3 reds, otherwise all us.

Now a few minutes into siege multiple problems are pointed out.

1. We do not have enough dps to kill the tower before it onlines, not even close.
2. We are easily within titan bridge range of 49-
3. We have no support at all.
4. Multiple hostile titans were logging into 49-

So all dreads are ordered to stop shooting if you need to save cap to jump out and that we will jump out as soon as siege ends.  At about a minute left on siege a hostile cyno goes up in system and local spikes.  Kenny dictors start landing on grid and dropping bubbles on our caps and thats pretty much it.  A bunch more Kenny show up on grid, we do what we can to shoot dictors and burn out of bubbles.  I manage to burn out of a few different bubbles before jumping out and well over half of the caps get out but GS still takes a beating and looses ~10 caps.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:11:58 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4839 on: April 09, 2009, 01:51:35 PM

Shit, Hide all the bikes  ACK!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #4840 on: April 09, 2009, 06:24:06 PM

GS lost 8 caps, mostly because of a poor decision by the FC (which he admits on the goon forums)

I mean, why on earth do you jump an unsupported capfleet to kill a tower when you know that the enemy can and probably will jump your shit if they find out
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4841 on: April 09, 2009, 08:19:32 PM

He made a ballsy decision that turned into a bad call. It happens. If they had ninjaed the tower and gotten out people would be calling it a stroke of genius. Remember if the reds had gotten in there 30 seconds later every cap would have been gone.

It was a bad call but hey if people don't make risky moves you don't win. Or you get stuck fighting over one system for a month and a half.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4842 on: April 10, 2009, 03:49:41 AM

Well, I'm not going to be retarded like AJ and claim ~the dreads are already replaced~ but it does help to own Delve if you're going to be reckless with capital fleets.  Or, if you want to make it causal: owning Delve makes you reckless with dread fleets (see Max).

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #4843 on: April 12, 2009, 04:12:01 AM

FOUNDATION has disbanded.

Member corps with capital assets have left and without the ability to hotdrop FDN seems to have no clue how to play this game.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4844 on: April 12, 2009, 05:11:41 AM

Member corps with capital assets have left and without the ability to hotdrop FDN seems to have no clue how to play this game.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is FOUNDATION?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4845 on: April 12, 2009, 05:15:33 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but who is FOUNDATION?

I guess this ^^^ is why they disbanded.

Don't they hang out in some NPC space in the east, near empire?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4846 on: April 12, 2009, 05:37:32 AM

Foundation is one of the oldest alliances in Eve. They held Fountain when BOB moved to Delve and carried on a very effective gurella resistance campaign for years when Bob invaded (swelled with broken complex loot etc) right after Fountain had defeated another invader ad had yet to recover. Frankly the BOB smack on Foundation would be a nice thing to ram down their throats at this stage.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4847 on: April 12, 2009, 06:19:28 AM

FDN were reasonable enough.  Playing a part in NRDS upkeep for CVA I can tell you it takes lots of time and dedication.  FDN leadership was split on what to do.  It is worth noting that even the NBSI elements have put effort into diplomacy during this shakeup.  They do this knowing they will end up kos in the end anyway.  That seems alright by my estimation.  they could certainly do worse.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4848 on: April 12, 2009, 09:48:24 AM

Looks like GBC/GZC members are trying to put up towers in Querious as well as KenZoku. Getting some blown up of course.
How is Period Basis faring? What are Stain Empire and allies up to?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 09:53:26 AM by Meester »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4849 on: April 12, 2009, 12:06:45 PM

Looks like GBC/GZC members are trying to put up towers in Querious as well as KenZoku. Getting some blown up of course.
How is Period Basis faring? What are Stain Empire and allies up to?

I saw two or three mails about Barbie towers in the last few days, and a couple about kenny ones in the same time.  I may have missed a couple, I admit, but nothing much.  I can tell you that we (Goons) have dropped a bunch of towers in pet systems in Querious  as well, so it's difficult for me to say who is pushing more there.  Neither seems to be a real effort, and I am genuinely surprised at how little push there has been from Kenny over the holiday weekend.  I kinda expected a purge of 49- and an attack on multiple targets in Delve and Querious.

Stats-wise, over the weekend, the coalition have gained sov in three Querious systems, while Barbie have lost a sov three and two sov 2s (different systems from our wins) and gained one system.

Period Basis is just being left to fester, in the main.  I think ZAF and KIA have been running around shooting some stuff but basically all is quiet there.  It must hurt to fuel all those towers, though.  I say that not gloating but from sympathy since I was running a large bunch of towers there myself, and that was through friendly (though un-beaconed or -bridged) space.

Anyway, we defended a Razor money-making tower in Querious this afternoon. I had been wondering if we were being dumb or baiting McAAA (and the small number of kenny pets et al that were there), but it turned out to be the latter: baiting.  PL double-doomsdayed them (though they should have triple-doomsdayed, since a third of their BS fleet that got bubbled tanked and got out again).  We then repped pos and headed off to do other stuff.  Not exciting, but nice and positive to do successful strategic stuff in the one of the strongest timezones of our enemy's week (Sunday afternoon).

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4850 on: April 13, 2009, 04:45:06 AM

Looks like GoonFleet was doomsdayed in Tenerifis. AAA Ragnarok. Seems like a Titan friendly area at the moment with 3 Atlas titans and 1 XXX titan being used very recently.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4851 on: April 13, 2009, 06:01:42 AM

It's true, having looked at the loss of 49- and SMB or whatever it is called, we have done the math and realised that we will be out of Delve at almost exactly the same date that the Mayan calendar cycle ends in 2012 (22 months, 1 week, 3 days and 16 hours for those keeping count).  Clearly, given that the previous two cycles coincided with the fall of great empires, this is most unpropitious.

However, our attempts to evac our shit to our former spiritual home of 9-9 last night met with unimitigated disaster, with no fewer than 26 poorly-fitted battleships and countless frigates (some put the figure as high as 11  ACK!) suicided needlessly into a AAA bubblecamp.

Needless to say, this puts us in quite a pickle, with Darius JOHNSON's administration realling under yet another hammerblow after Molle's recent sentence of death upon us, the shattering of the PR- camp after less than five weeks of existence, and an increase in PL's rent protection money to six billion ISK/constellation and half our high-end moons.

Fortunately, however, Espilon's vicious campaign of trolling IRC (ironically because they believed them to be an offshoot of Rho Squadron) and ED into attacking RA has given us a golden opportunity in the Drone Regions, which we all hope that DJ has the courage to sieze.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4852 on: April 13, 2009, 06:10:46 AM

Speaking of the Drone regions, does anyone from up that way (black ops goons don't count) know what the new dynamic is there between IRC/ED and their neighbours?

I notice that this morning ZZ5 is the most violent system in the game, by a looong way, and IRC/ED seem to be trading blows with Majesta Empire, Scorched Earth and whoever "The Initiative" are.  This after Wildly Inappropriate seems likely to strip ED of their Vale and Geminate holdings.  I presume that RA are still shooting them to some extent, too.

It looks a bit like all those smaller NC alliances who reset them over the RA thing are jumping on the opportunity to shoot someone in a decent medium-sized war without the immediate risk of them calling in huge allies, but I'm just guessing.  Is it the case of jackals seeing a couple of weak gazelles separated from the herd?

Twitter - Endieposts

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4853 on: April 13, 2009, 06:15:31 AM

It's the drone regions, who knows what they do up there.

Seriously, I've never been able to track any of the politics in that area of EVE at all.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4854 on: April 13, 2009, 09:57:02 AM

The funny part was the screenshot with AAA whining about titans in local afterwards...

Yes atlas still managed to get a titan tackled afterwards, and apparently it was damaged to 50%...

Hic sunt dracones.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4855 on: April 13, 2009, 12:01:09 PM

Seriously, I've never been able to track any of the politics in that area of EVE at all.

It was easier when Goons owned it and all the systems were empty.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4856 on: April 13, 2009, 12:10:15 PM

Which to be honest is one way the destruction and withdrawl of the huge empires has only enriched the game

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4857 on: April 13, 2009, 12:38:00 PM

Drone regions = Chinatown.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Koyochi
Terracotta Army

Reply #4858 on: April 13, 2009, 03:17:24 PM

Drone regions : nothing really spectacular.  RA is focussing more on ED, maybe assuming that IRC would not be allowed to intervene against RA outside IRC space, and/or would still be weak from the recent theft. But that's about the only real offensive that is happening here. and it doesn't look like anything more then the regular border skirmishes, just with a bit bigger numbers than in the past weeks. There are more small gangs too, mostly coming from some of the NC alliances that had set IRC to red or from the local friends of RA . But none of that looks like an invasion, it's just groups of tourists flying by to see the drone regions and have some fights with te local inhabitants. Solar fleet and xxdeathxx don't seem to bother with anything anywhere, so it seems.

-
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4859 on: April 13, 2009, 08:26:55 PM

it's pretty amazing that essentially nothing has happened (outside of a few small fleet fights) in the 10 days since bob's capfleet getting raped

I'm waiting for the next big offensive by either side, especially to see if xdx/solar/some of the nc decide to come in force in the east now that the pos spam has been stalled out.  or maybe it'll be time to push hard on querious/delve again, i don't really know, i just want something new to happen
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #4860 on: April 14, 2009, 03:45:17 AM

goons had a big-ish fleet from rebellion alliance come in to help yesterday.

does anyone know who sc0rched earth is, they seem to be pushing into RA territory.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4861 on: April 14, 2009, 06:31:59 AM

goons had a big-ish fleet from rebellion alliance come in to help yesterday.

does anyone know who sc0rched earth is, they seem to be pushing into RA territory.

Yep Rebellion will help go some of the way towards providing a Euro/Russian TZ presence, alongside our limited organic capabilities in those hours.

Sc0rched Earth are not, I think, fighting RA.  They are helping UNL, RA, Kraftwerk et al against ED and IRC.  The fact that Rebellion (who were also helping out there) have decided that they can come West now is probably a sign that the anti-ED/IRC forces feel that they have the situation under control now.  But that is just guesswork.

Twitter - Endieposts

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4862 on: April 14, 2009, 07:09:12 AM

I think Sc0rched were left there when the GBC were fighting in Scalding Pass and Curse. Sc0rched Earth were a northern group that came along with the NC I believe and retook some systems that were taken from TCF by Executive Outcomes.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4863 on: April 17, 2009, 06:25:12 AM

Sorry about the lack of updates here, but it's been a rollercoaster of a week filled with sizzling gypsies.  Just not so much on the actual fighting front.

The week was, for quite a while, shaping up to be something of a welp.  We lost a badly timed R64 tower to Kenny in very early euro time, and discovered that another system Q2 containing an R64, where we had sov 3, was about to flip to Kenny.  I could be wrong but I think that they had onlined an overlooked, offline tower which had only shown up when they anchored a second.  If so, they would have been smarter to wait until sov broke before adding the second, but heh vOv.

Anyway, we'd noticed that hostile participation was down to about a fifth of their peak, so we pushed hard and have taken out either three or four (I think the latter, but am not 100% sure) Kenny R64 towers in return, which is a nice 20-30 billion a month boost to our income, with a similar drop in theirs'.  We also defended several other R64 towers successfully, in places like Q2.

This morning we rounded a nice week off by killing two Kenny towers in Q2 and saving our sov, and by doing so in the middle of the Russian afternoon.  I don't know if Molle decided that calling on AAA et al to save his alliance yet again was impolitic or what, but it is a good result, and the few Barbie and even fewer Kenny that showed up couldn't save their POSes.  We also have another Kenny R64 coming out, which was timed by one of our biggest assets in Kenny: Lady Scarlet.  Her choice of ship, combined with her fundamental misunderstanding of one of the basic techniques stront timing, gave us a very nice timer when PL ninja-reinforced it.

On Thursday, we had planned to take advantage of AAA's decision to grant their pilots a day off by calling a big op and taking on 49-.  We had five big fleets in place, but AAA cancelled their pilots' leisure break and did a big CTA for the system, which was packed with titans and a very BS-heavy fleet (some of which then hid sneakily in order to try and tempt us into the system: I had an alt in there and watched local drop by 120 suddenly, presumably doing a logoff trap but perhaps moving to a titan for bridging onto a bubbled gate).  Anyway, forcing AAA to save their ungrateful pets was a fair result, so those of us in the GS fleet trailed our cloaks around nearby shooting afk caps and bumping people out of POSes while others reinforced towers in lowsec, Delve and PB.

At the moment, we have no POSes in reinforced while we have 25 hostile towers coming out in the next couple of days.  Most (though not all) are well-timed for them, so we'll have to try and insert Lady Scarlet into Frontal Impact to sabotage their logistics effort.

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4864 on: April 17, 2009, 07:38:28 AM

I could be wrong but I think that they had onlined an overlooked, offline tower which had only shown up when they anchored a second.  If so, they would have been smarter to wait until sov broke before adding the second, but heh vOv.

It was about to flip to neutral - the count was 2 GS vs 2 Kenny.  They had to put up the second tower to make a difference.

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: