Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:49:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Superman Doomsday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Superman Doomsday  (Read 3905 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: May 04, 2007, 10:33:52 AM

http://www.warnervideo.com/supermandoomsdaydvd/

In case you want to see a movie about superman getting beat-to-death.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:39:19 AM

Yeah, that'll be good. If only the movie studio could get some of the guys writing the Justice League/Batman/Superman animation (and even Legion of Super-Heroes) to write their movies, they wouldn't turn out like Superman Returns did.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 11:46:47 AM

Yeah, that'll be good. If only the movie studio could get some of the guys writing the Justice League/Batman/Superman animation (and even Legion of Super-Heroes) to write their movies, they wouldn't turn out like Superman Returns did.

Bruce Timm is great.  I really liked the themes they explored in Justive League and Justice League Unlimited.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:07:44 PM

This was absolute crap.  I don't know I wish they would have kept the same animators, writers, and voices from the original series.  It had barely anything to do with the actual graphic novel.  I don't think they even really tried to be too faithful to it all. 

Marvel is definitely at least a few notches above DC in their direct to dvd department.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 03:48:09 PM

Bruce Timm is great.  I really liked the themes they explored in Justive League and Justice League Unlimited.

If it was done by Timm,  I might actually pick this up.  Most of his animated DC stuff has been on the verge of breaking out of the ghetto of cartoons and into great TV.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 03:51:34 PM

If it was done by Timm,  I might actually pick this up.  Most of his animated DC stuff has been on the verge of breaking out of the ghetto of cartoons and into great TV.

Ya, I'm a believer in Timm.. this movie just doesn't do his past work justice.. at all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Superman Doomsday  
Jump to: