Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:59:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Online multiplayer zombie survival game using HL Source 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online multiplayer zombie survival game using HL Source  (Read 3794 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

on: April 12, 2007, 10:23:11 AM

I never heard of this game prior to today and thouhgt some of you might be interested. The mod is called Left 4 Dead. The premise seems to be that 4 players are on the infected side and direct AI bot zombies to try and infect the living players. More info here.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:24:26 AM

They did a few pages on this in the latest GFW or CGW or whatever.

It looks... fun.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 11:36:06 AM

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 04:01:16 AM

hm yeah. Looks fun. wonder when it'll be out...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 09:56:59 AM

"Drool"  Looks great.  It is so hard to balance online games where each side has different core abilities (or even different combos of the same abilities, see WoW arenas).  I have high hopes, but I hope it is tested well enough to avoid "Taking four Smokers and hanging the players simultaneously=win every time" type issues. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 10:57:05 PM

1UP has a preview video up.  If you can tune out the annoying parts of the video with people really overselling the game, there's some decent gameplay footage in there.  Seems a little fast for a zombie game for my tastes (I don't have any problem with zombies running, but half the gameplay footage seems to involve the player sprinting backwards at inhuman speed while shooting at the zombie horde).  I'll still likely give it a shot though.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 11:48:37 PM

Just watched the video, and I agree with everything you said. The oversell was pretty annoying, and while the game concept looks to be fun, the game itself also looks a little on the spastically frenzied side... still worth a look most likely.

..if Valve has their security shit in order by then.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rithrin
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 01:35:09 AM

For some reason, the awesomeness that was portrayed in the trailer-teaser movie thing from a while back failed to to show itself in those gameplay clips I saw. When I think of "four people escaping from zombie-land!" I don't think of huge mobs of zombies who must have been olympic sprinters in their normal lives bull rushing the remaining four uninfected people. I was hoping for a slower, more methodical kind of escape. Though that doesn't make it a bad game or anything, it'll be interesting to see how this works out.

The sweetest wine comes from the grapes of victory.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 01:49:38 AM

Where's Portal ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 03:24:39 AM

Where's Portal ?
Hanging out with TF2.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 08:04:53 AM

half the gameplay footage seems to involve the player sprinting backwards at inhuman speed while shooting at the zombie horde
It's new old school. Hellgate looked the same way, Huxley, too. Everything old is new again (and it sucks imo). I always hated Doom.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 03:43:32 PM

I wonder if the name (Turtle Rock Software) is a Link to the Past reference.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Online multiplayer zombie survival game using HL Source  
Jump to: