Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Hardcovers and TPBS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardcovers and TPBS  (Read 2597 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: March 04, 2007, 02:36:10 AM

With Schild's recent interest in the Runaways HC's, and my noticing the Silver Surfer Omnibus that I showed to Stray, it's come to my attention that a number of Hardcovers and TPB's have come out over the past 6 months or so, or are on their way, that people might be interested in.

Daredevil Omnibus, Vol. 1 (Hardcover).

Contains Frank Millar's run from #158-191.

Nextwave: Agents Of H.A.T.E. Volume 2 - I Kick Your Face TPB

Currently supposed to come out July 25th.

New X-Men Omnibus (Hardcover)

Contains Grant Morrison's New X-men run from issues #114-154

Ultimate Galactus Trilogy HC

Marvel Zombies Spider-man Action Figure

Ok, not a book, but I had to mention it somewhere.

The EC Archives: Tales From The Crypt Volume 1 (The Ec Archives) (Hardcover).

The first (I think) of many EC Archives HC's being released.  I can't stress enough how good the old EC stuff is.  To this day it's hard to find better art in comics.

Fell Volume 1: Feral City (Paperback).

Ellis' detective book, each issue contains a complete story.  Good stuff.

Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus: Volume 1 (Hardcover)

Classic Jack Kirby, for those interested in that kind of thing.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 02:07:34 PM

Marvel: Zombies was TERRIBLE.

TERRIBLE. 

I forbid anyone from buying the action figure because the comic was so damn bad. 
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:23:08 PM

I doubt I'll buy it on account of the fact that it's a $16 action figure.  On the other hand it's a Zombie Spider-man action figure, and that's cool regardless of what series it came from.  Plus each of the Marvel Zombie figures will come with a piece of the Silver Surfer.  I might not be able to resist a Zombie Cap figure.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:54:41 PM

I just picked up The Absolute Sandman Vol. 1 at lunch today, first of 4 volumes apparently.  It collects the first 20 issues of the series, with 1-18 being recolored, and a few other extras like the script and sketches from the Midsummer Night's Dream issue.  I've only been able to flip through it, but it looks nice, and it's a great way to get them collected.  At $100, the pricetag is a bit hefty, so if you've never read Sandman before it's likely not the best way to give it a shot, but honestly, I see Sandman as a series that you'd have to work at to hate.  As all of my old TPBs are in crappy condition from loaning them out to friends and family, it's well worth the cost to me.  But, as I'm a big fan, your mileage may vary. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Hardcovers and TPBS  
Jump to: