Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: LOL, Crafting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOL, Crafting  (Read 22093 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 11:13:33 AM

I still have my villains on Virtue and my heroes on Victory.  My global name is Signe.  I haven't played much at all on the regular servers for the last few weeks or so, just the test server, because I don't want to miss the new goodies from story arcs. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 11:17:30 AM

I've been playing both heroes and villains on Victory. 

I'm still hovering below 50 on my main, but I'm really waiting for another double xp weekend to get over the final hump to 50....so I can make a Kheldian and do it all over again!

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 11:43:18 AM

Something else I might add is that the auto-exemplar nature of the PvP zones makes Bloody Bay the only place to street-sweep for Pool 1 (4-25) salvage and recipe drops, and Siren's Call and Warburg (20-30 and 30-38) the only places to street-sweep for Pool 2 (26-40) drops. Once you're at 50, that is.

At least if you want to try that 'soloing' thing all the kids these days are so hot about.

I forsee either a grand board explosion or a whole bunch of not caring.

--GF
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 12:15:18 PM

Something else I might add is that the auto-exemplar nature of the PvP zones makes Bloody Bay the only place to street-sweep for Pool 1 (4-25) salvage and recipe drops, and Siren's Call and Warburg (20-30 and 30-38) the only places to street-sweep for Pool 2 (26-40) drops. Once you're at 50, that is.

If you are 50, wouldn't you just farm infamy/influence for like ten minutes, and then buy any lowbie parts you need from Woolworths or Optimus Prime?

I mean, once they inevitably fix the auction house design flaw where junk can only be on sale for 24 hours.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 03:16:23 PM

If you are 50, wouldn't you just farm infamy/influence for like ten minutes, and then buy any lowbie parts you need from Woolworths or Optimus Prime?

I mean, once they inevitably fix the auction house design flaw where junk can only be on sale for 24 hours.
24 hours across the entire playerbase (though heroes still sell to heroes and villains to villains, but that may change once Wentworth's skims off that extra couple years of banked inf from the heroside) doesn't seem too far off-kilter.

--GF
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 05:02:45 PM

excuse me. Are you saying wentworth is cross server?

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 09:11:09 PM

All my chars are on Pinnacle and I've been considering resubscribing.  The invention systems looks interesting, but I'm not sure it will be enough to keep me for long.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 11:50:37 PM

excuse me. Are you saying wentworth is cross server?

Pretty sure they are, but only on the same side (ie hero and villain). So Defenders can't buy stuff off Masterminds, but you've got a lot of players to potentially sell to.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 11:51:42 PM

But I can finally change the way my toon looks when she uses Fly? Awesome.

Also, my account is Still active, though I haven't been playing. I might be getting close to the 15-month Vet Reward now.  smiley

The fly animations are an emote, so you'll have to set it after you commence flying and then hit autorun to keep that emote active.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 02:14:17 AM

Also, my account is Still active, though I haven't been playing. I might be getting close to the 15-month Vet Reward now.  smiley

The fly animations are an emote, so you'll have to set it after you commence flying and then hit autorun to keep that emote active.

Presumably stuff like my auto-power firing (hasten), or a strafe would knock the fly emote off? Or does the emote stick around longer than typical emote?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 05:56:45 AM

Presumably stuff like my auto-power firing (hasten), or a strafe would knock the fly emote off? Or does the emote stick around longer than typical emote?

A strafe would.

Hasten, however, is a click-activated self-buff and as such its animation cycle currently has lowest priority. You can rehasten while running and you'll just keep running.

--GF
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 10:03:36 AM

A strafe would.

Hasten, however, is a click-activated self-buff and as such its animation cycle currently has lowest priority. You can rehasten while running and you'll just keep running.

True, but if I'm going something like a newspaper emote, hasten still kills it, would this not be the same?

And does anyone know if I can do something like a macro or bind to trigger the emote everytime I move forward or activate fly?

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 11:55:24 AM

A strafe would.

True, but if I'm going something like a newspaper emote, hasten still kills it, would this not be the same?

And does anyone know if I can do something like a macro or bind to trigger the emote everytime I move forward or activate fly?
Well, the emote overrides the fly animation. I'll have to see how it works on a character with fly and hasten.

/em flypose1 through 4, you can bind them onto the end of either your forward key or your fly key by chaining $$em flypose1 or whatever onto the end of the command string.

--GF
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: LOL, Crafting  
Jump to: