Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:36:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1948432 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4515 on: March 05, 2009, 02:18:39 PM

You couldn't make it up, but the very day that kenny has a few sov 3 systems to hide in, aaaserol decide it is safe to finally bring in ships for some serious fleet work! Truly elite pvpers.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #4516 on: March 05, 2009, 02:41:42 PM

For 10 points, guess which alliance ceo is perma-banned from :hurr: eve-o for threatening to personally gut our allies' families with a rusty junior hacksaw and is working off his excess posting energy here.

They actually banned him for that? Even after he edited his post minutes later?
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4517 on: March 05, 2009, 03:10:54 PM

banned who?
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4518 on: March 05, 2009, 03:38:10 PM

I think this is less about helping BOB, but rather being somewhat concerned about Goonswarm moving straight from Querious into Catch ;-) . To quote Scavok:

With all strategic systems and moons captured in Delve and Querious, we're starting our Catch offensive immediately. We were going to take down the cynojammers but got delayed too much, and couldn't kill the pet fleet fast enough before AAA reinforced them and had to call the op off.

(Yeah, yeah, even on the off-chance that this is a troll :P )
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:39:59 PM by setar »

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4519 on: March 05, 2009, 03:47:12 PM

banned who?

Darius JOHNSON, CEO of Goonswarm and official player representative, made a threat to kill another Eve:Online player in real life, on the Eve:Online Forums. He edited the text a few minutes later, but the forum mods had already started taking action and he was permanently banned from the forums shortly thereafter.

He's still got an active account though for some unexplainable reason. I seem to recall one LV(?) player who said something like that (something along the lines of "I've put a contract out on you...[to goonswarm pilot]..I just made a phone call") in local a few years ago who I thought got perma-banned from the game entirely because of it.

Then again, I also recall seeing Jade Constienene crowing on scrapheap when he, and a lot of other previously perma-banned players, got access to the Eve-Online forums again after some sort of amnesty a year or two ago.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:52:21 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4520 on: March 05, 2009, 04:24:38 PM

heh, I wonder how many reports were filed on that post(and who filed them ;)!

Silly thing to do Darius, now you are off the CSM~!
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4521 on: March 05, 2009, 04:27:45 PM

If they have a strategy, it's that now that Goons have a lot of stations that are going to be Sov 1-2 for a bit, they're going to force them to defend these vulnerable systems and try to run them ragged dashing about from one region to another doing it.

The question now is if Goons can strike a separate peace with the former GBC, or at least parts of it, and if they can keep P-L and TCF active so far outside of their own territory with KenZoku not representing a threat (even if they come back, it will be close to a year before they're prepared for an offensive so it may not feel urgent).  If I were Mittens, I would be telling EXE and the rest of them in PB that as long as they play nice, Goons will play nice, and offering Skunk Works and similar the same deal they had with BoB.  There will never be a better time to fracture the GBC, the last thing you want is Kenzoku showing some momentum and convincing the subordinates they have no better future than sticking it out with KenZoku, because if Kenny loses, they lose.  They've seen the iron fist, time for some velvet glove.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4522 on: March 05, 2009, 05:00:27 PM

I believe it's already been stated that Goonswarm will offer no former-GBC alliances any form of amnesty.  Also, hi Darius!
Darius JOHNSON
Terracotta Army

Reply #4523 on: March 05, 2009, 05:41:48 PM

heh, I wonder how many reports were filed on that post(and who filed them ;)!

Silly thing to do Darius, now you are off the CSM~!

Exact post follows:

Originally by: Shamis Orzoz

Yes, we will reset goons, along with nearly everybody else.

Originally by: Darius JOHNSON

I''ll kill you

Originally by: Rek Esket

(in game)

Originally by: Darius JOHNSON

no irl

----------------------------------------------

I've known the PL guys and Shamis for a few years. Anyone who believes that was an actual threat, rather than a sarcastic response is a complete moron. Also, CSM membership is not tied to being able to post on the eve-o forums. I'll be just fine finishing out this term.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4524 on: March 05, 2009, 05:46:52 PM

relax Darius, I was only kidding.  Anyway, maybe get the pl guys to petition on your behalf.  Otherwise I guess you get banned for however long that lasts.  In other news, what is this about AAA cap fleets in Delve?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4525 on: March 05, 2009, 05:53:27 PM

In other news, what is this about AAA cap fleets in Delve?

That there aren't any?
Darius JOHNSON
Terracotta Army

Reply #4526 on: March 05, 2009, 05:54:26 PM

relax Darius, I was only kidding.  Anyway, maybe get the pl guys to petition on your behalf.  Otherwise I guess you get banned for however long that lasts.  In other news, what is this about AAA cap fleets in Delve?

I wasn't mad, just figured I'd post the actual post for reference. The ban is permanent. I'll just post on another account v0v.

AAA is saying they're going to wage some form of war in Delve. I'll believe it when I see it.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4527 on: March 05, 2009, 06:07:19 PM

Jade was perma banned once upon a time as well ;)

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #4528 on: March 05, 2009, 06:30:46 PM

Jade was perma banned once upon a time as well ;)
For something like 3-4 years, yeah. Anyway that was under old forums warning/ban system; they scratched that one when they did reboot on the forum moderation team and other stuff. Under their new system Jade would get 6 months ban, and the permanent ban is "special award" of sort for bigger things. Just happens the "threats of physical harm" qualify for that special award. Some reference here: http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=530

That said, given the context the ban is pretty stupid. But then most of them usually is.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4529 on: March 06, 2009, 02:27:00 AM

MY CEO  why so serious?

Nate Hammertown has signed up, too?!?!

I think this is less about helping BOB, but rather being somewhat concerned about Goonswarm moving straight from Querious into Catch ;-) . To quote Scavok:

[snip]

I am pretty confident you got trolled, considering what scavok reported as actually happening on the boards.  I'm pretty certain that we'd be told if we were invading Catch on an op, too, at least once we were underway.  I don't imagine that Jake or ET really believe that post either, but Fraud Crawler posted pretty much his best post ever on the eve-o boards with a killer series of burns and ET is, even by Darius' standards, notoriously easy to get worked up, and a reds-under-the-bed scare about whose territory is next is one way to stop some of the less motivated members of his bloc ratting in lol-Feythabolis and Esoteria for a few days.

relax Darius, I was only kidding.

u r ded @ fanfest

Meanwhile, in war news, Kenny has no stations left in Eve.  Not in Delve, not in Period Basis, not in Querious.  Not one.  As noted earlier, they have been literally erased from the (daily Verite Rendition) map.  Unless other changes happen elsewhere, they will drop to fiftieth position on the dotlan list, one place above Skunkworks.  If Kenny keep losing systems as quickly as they are then Skunkworks will soon move above them, start charging them rent, and begin to ask them some pretty searching questions about their participation levels.

Also, PL DDed Kenny's evening roaming gang when it refused to engage any conventional fleets, in a beautifuly executed hictor drag-bubble trap.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4530 on: March 06, 2009, 07:18:39 AM

Also, PL DDed Kenny's evening roaming gang when it refused to engage any conventional fleets, in a beautifuly executed hictor drag-bubble trap.

Did we actually manage to DD more of them then blues for a change of pace?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4531 on: March 06, 2009, 07:26:46 AM

In an F13 exclusive, I think since a year has passed I can post my own little diplomatic dealings with ET on the combined AAA/IAC channel, which had been largely silent for a while. at this point.

Now remember I was a lowly IAc scout with no position of authority. This was the only time I spoke with him and he left the channel after this. So yeah I brown nosed a bit.

[ 2007.12.30 10:03:28 ] Insane Angel > Greetings
[ 2007.12.30 10:03:30 ] Insane Angel > ET is here
[ 2007.12.30 10:03:43 ] Himo Amasacia > hi Et *wavies*
[ 2007.12.30 10:03:52 ] Insane Angel > If i ever see IAC doing exploration in 9hxq - you can consider your entire alliance KOS
[ 2007.12.30 10:04:05 ] Insane Angel > Pass this message along your members
[ 2007.12.30 10:04:49 ] Himo Amasacia > Ok
[ 2007.12.30 10:07:42 ] Himo Amasacia > has someone been doing that?
[ 2007.12.30 10:08:23 ] Insane Angel > Yes
[ 2007.12.30 10:08:48 ] Himo Amasacia > ok thanks for letting us know. Do you have a name?
[ 2007.12.30 10:10:09 ] Insane Angel > It was Tidemark corp
[ 2007.12.30 10:10:13 ] Insane Angel > Bacilius
[ 2007.12.30 10:10:17 ] Insane Angel > this guy was in local
[ 2007.12.30 10:11:21 ] Himo Amasacia > roger. I'll pass it along so someone can get the plank withthe rusty nail treatment
[ 2007.12.30 10:12:27 ] Insane Angel > thank you alot, mate
[ 2007.12.30 10:12:49 ] Himo Amasacia > no problem at all. I apoligise that it happened

That's the only sample of what the diplomatic dealings with AAA were like, and it was after the McBob Catch campaign had collapsed and AA was being artfully disinterested in fighting any longer.

Still, not a nice way to treat your allies, eh?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:29:39 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4532 on: March 06, 2009, 07:39:02 AM

NM, wrong location for discussion smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 08:06:30 AM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4533 on: March 06, 2009, 08:23:55 AM

Endie notes that Evil Thug appears to refer to himself in the third person.  Endie is interested in this.  Endie will ~~see you on the battlefield~~

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4534 on: March 06, 2009, 08:51:22 AM

Endie notes that Evil Thug appears to refer to himself in the third person.  Endie is interested in this.  Endie will ~~see you on the battlefield~~

That's probably the language barrier.  I had an Indian colleague call me when I first started a job and say "Here is -name-", meaning himself.  I thought he was about to pass the phone to someone  swamp poop

Also I've noticed ET's naming convention seems to be -adjective- -noun-.  Another group of things that use this convention are WoW mobs.  Discuss.

Witty banter not included.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4535 on: March 06, 2009, 12:20:21 PM

Looks like the potential for a huge fight is incoming.  The GKC has five or six hundred people in various staging systems already (possibly a bit more) and we have a substantial number in a number of locations ourselves.

Edit: pressed the post button while still editing.  I meant to say that this will be one of their occasional "this is a big weekend, minions" things, and it pretty much has to work out for them, judging by the sov trends, their common members' wallets and participation, and the graphs on their and their pets' member numbers (as well the inability to count on sustained AAA participation if they aren't seen to be even trying to help themselves).  They only have one more full weekend after this before our sov three statuses begin to tick over, and then things will begin to get really tricky.  But they have such huge numbers at the moment (giving the lie to their assertions that they are outnumbered) that they really must be able to break something out, assuming they can show the guts to deal with doomsdays and some heavy losses from their first wave or two.

Oh, and they and their pets lost sov in 19 systems this downtime.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:29:37 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4536 on: March 06, 2009, 02:56:36 PM

Sadly Endie was incorrect. The rather massive numbers that were assembled were NOT to break the unfortunate kenny out of PR-, hey were in fact to defend aganst the massive invasion of Catch that a panicked ET was convinced was coming due to a post by Scavok on Crapheap challange. Sadly anyone with a spy on Goonfleet.com (Hi Jakey) would have known that this was nonsense, but they pulled everyone they had, Stain, Coven, Systemic Chaos etc out of their space and flew everything they had to Catch in a huge operation built of blind panic and based out of FAT. In the meantime we, paranoid souls thought they were coming to break Kenny out as no one could be that stupid surely... Surely? And there was NO WAY they would assemble a fleet that sise and do... NOTHING with it.. surely???

So, yes, basically AAA sat around and did sod all and Kenny spent the Night fleeing in blind panic from our fleet in Querious and getting chased in circles for hours.

And before anyone accuses me of trolling, that's pretty much what happened.

Goonfleet leak!

(2:42:28 PM) the_mittani: [3:42:36 PM] the_mittani: "ET is saying to stay on the POS, we're going to wait for 1 hour more, and if nothing changes we will be going back"
[3:42:40 PM] the_mittani: bwhahahahaHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAhAHA
[3:42:46 PM] the_mittani: AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man this rules
[3:42:51 PM] the_mittani: scavok never stop posting on shitheap
[3:42:59 PM] the_mittani: tell people we're invading cloud ring next time
[3:43:00 PM] ektor: c
[3:43:04 PM] ektor: they go inside ff
[3:43:11 PM] Cloricus: you better leak this sutff it is gold
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:00:08 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Darius JOHNSON
Terracotta Army

Reply #4537 on: March 06, 2009, 02:57:03 PM

Looks like the potential for a huge fight is incoming.  The GKC has five or six hundred people in various staging systems already (possibly a bit more) and we have a substantial number in a number of locations ourselves.

Edit: pressed the post button while still editing.  I meant to say that this will be one of their occasional "this is a big weekend, minions" things, and it pretty much has to work out for them, judging by the sov trends, their common members' wallets and participation, and the graphs on their and their pets' member numbers (as well the inability to count on sustained AAA participation if they aren't seen to be even trying to help themselves).  They only have one more full weekend after this before our sov three statuses begin to tick over, and then things will begin to get really tricky.  But they have such huge numbers at the moment (giving the lie to their assertions that they are outnumbered) that they really must be able to break something out, assuming they can show the guts to deal with doomsdays and some heavy losses from their first wave or two.

Oh, and they and their pets lost sov in 19 systems this downtime.

Nothing happened. ET believed a troll one of our fc's posted on scrapheap challenge and amassed a fleet to defend Catch because he thought we were invading. When it became apparent we weren't invading he logged his guys off after wasting a few hours of their time, without shooting a shot, despite numerical superiority and a fleet right next door.

god damnit efb
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4538 on: March 06, 2009, 03:00:55 PM

Sorry Darius!

Hic sunt dracones.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #4539 on: March 06, 2009, 03:10:08 PM

Well this is an interesting data point as far as ET's interest and commitment.  He can pull in 600+ pilots to "save Catch" on short notice, but Kenny remains stuck in PR-...
Darius JOHNSON
Terracotta Army

Reply #4540 on: March 06, 2009, 04:27:27 PM

Well this is an interesting data point as far as ET's interest and commitment.  He can pull in 600+ pilots to "save Catch" on short notice, but Kenny remains stuck in PR-...

Except that he can't sustain that. He pulled those numbers because they've essentially been doing nothing at all for a few weeks and they believed they were going to be defending their home. Historically he has participation problems after the first day or so of "shock and awe". Moreso if they get their asses handed to them, which is how it's worked out more often than not.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4541 on: March 06, 2009, 04:30:05 PM

This was clearly a ploy on the Goons part to cause ET to 'cry wolf', so when the REAL invasion comes tomorrow, they'll be ill prepared!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4542 on: March 06, 2009, 04:43:33 PM

Well, I'm already prepared for the invasion.  I've had ships staged in FAT for months!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4543 on: March 07, 2009, 01:59:11 AM

Having been "forced to call off" our "invasion of Catch", we faced the GKC, Barbie, A + pets decided to push home their victory by doing a big "honestly this time we'll break you out of PR- guys, you wait and see!" call-up for possibly the weakest time in our day.  However, that seems to be going badly, at least at the moment, since we actually seem pretty close to matching them for numbers.  Goons and allies do alarmclocks rather well these days, and have done since fly rankmurdering -A- and pets in early Euro ops in R2TJ, VNG and 0O0O0OO0o)O090oYZ.

They ran into lowsec headache

They may have caught wind of our impending invasion of aridia and are moving to head us off

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4544 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:16 AM

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/KenZoku

On this date, Delve was purified of Anime soverinity. Kenzoku now rank at 51, under skunkworks.

All of their remaining systems are sov 3 however.

Hic sunt dracones.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4545 on: March 07, 2009, 06:51:23 AM

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/KenZoku

On this date, Delve was purified of Anime soverinity. Kenzoku now rank at 51, under skunkworks.

All of their remaining systems are sov 3 however.

It doesn't really matter what Sov they have now when they can't get their cap ships out to defend themselves. Just means it will take a
slight bit longer to kill them. More kills for us too :)  I love how each day when I check Dotlan, PR- is always in the top 2 or 3 most violent
systems in the past 3 hours!

Also, Atlas showed up last night in Delve with about 30 - 40 HACs / Recons etc, but we strategically and repeatedly raped them of whatever
pride they have left. They warped around between a number of safes, showing up at sniping spots trying to pick off Goons at the gates and
undocking from the station. Needless to say, they were not very effective and most were sent home via the pod-express service.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #4546 on: March 07, 2009, 08:57:27 AM

What a difference a month makes.

Compare: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Delve/2009-02-04
With: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Delve/2009-03-07

Still two EXE systems remain, but as they say these days, "Delve is Goons."

GoonSwarm:

KenZoku:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:07:40 AM by Quinton »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4547 on: March 07, 2009, 11:15:56 AM

Looks like the Superfriends have kissed and made up, there have been multiple large fleets formed up by the -A- and Kenzoku blocs so far in the last 24 hours.  Thus far they've hit a PL moon in Aridia and are currently making a play for PR-.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4548 on: March 07, 2009, 04:07:17 PM

Big fight occurred when someone dropped a convenetial fleet onto the small cap fleet killing the last Kenny POS's in delve.

Type   K   L
Assault Ship   1   3
Battlecruiser   14   8
Battleship   59   20
Capsule   34   37
Command Ship   1   0
Covert Ops   2   4
Cruiser   4   11
Destroyer   1   2
Force Recon Ship   7   4
Frigate   0   24
Heavy Assault Ship   9   2
Heavy Interdictor   5   2
Interceptor   9   5
Interdictor   2   3
Stealth Bomber   3   0
Total   117   88

Someone who was there care to comment?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4549 on: March 07, 2009, 04:16:36 PM

Someone who was there care to comment?

I don't know the whole setup, but I logged in when the broadcast went out about tackled caps.  Eventually the call was out for dreads to jump to cyno, I jumped in and we were engaging a fairly large BS fleet with a LOT of carriers and a bunch of dreads.  We fought them out of siege with no cap losses, getting a fair amount of BS kills a but a lot of them were able to jump out when into low damage.  I think eventually they realized we had too much remote rep and tank for them to do anything to us and they warped off.  Either that or our support fleet was getting close and they left before they came in.

I wasn't in the support fleet at all so I have no info from that end.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: