Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 12:53:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1996431 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2765 on: September 09, 2008, 03:55:02 PM

Not blue, shoot it!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I take it that you are just trolling, and that you actually get the difference for a NBSI alliance between neutral and hostile?

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2766 on: September 09, 2008, 04:00:45 PM

Not really, actually.  I never got a chance to do much in 0.0 when I played.

Over and out.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2767 on: September 09, 2008, 04:32:01 PM

Ahahahahahahahahaha, we got out just in time!

No, we didn't...
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2768 on: September 09, 2008, 08:56:06 PM

Not blue, shoot it!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I take it that you are just trolling, and that you actually get the difference for a NBSI alliance between neutral and hostile?

Its more fun to kill guys with red thingies by their names.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #2769 on: September 11, 2008, 07:08:48 AM

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #2770 on: September 11, 2008, 07:34:41 AM

Now lets sit back and watch -A-, UNL and GF rip whats left apart.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2771 on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:47 AM

Quote from: Butter Dog
how many anal job titles can one corporation have?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2772 on: September 11, 2008, 10:50:48 AM

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2773 on: September 11, 2008, 10:53:11 AM

Hmm..not sure what I think of that post.  I can understand the standings reset since we moved.  But why tell Sylph and CVA off?

*edit* Public forum, should probably keep some thoughts to myself.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #2774 on: September 11, 2008, 12:03:22 PM

In my personal experience, I've only ever found CVA to be great allies. One call for help in the intel channel and Ive had assistance within seconds. I don't think attacking them on a public forum is good form!

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2775 on: September 11, 2008, 12:18:11 PM

In my personal experience, I've only ever found CVA to be great allies. One call for help in the intel channel and Ive had assistance within seconds. I don't think attacking them on a public forum is good form!

Ditto.  CVA are superb, and are rare in being respected by almost everyone.  The occasional goon gang from squads that runs through Provi knows perfectly well in advance what will happen (everyone dies).

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2776 on: September 11, 2008, 12:58:40 PM

That alone will probably push me to disengage from Vanguard.

Soo.. who's up for a BAT meeting this wekeend? :) I'll bring the cupcakes!

- Viin
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2777 on: September 11, 2008, 01:30:53 PM

Gets better and better!

Yes, and after raising 200-300 man fleets to defend T-R days before, a mighty 30-40 man force (that ofc wasn't even entirely CVA) joined IAC's 100 to assist FAT. Plus Apple Boy had to go up to Providence with that fleet in the first place to get you to actually rally it, wasting over an hour post-rally time that got further towers killed. This was after I gave Equinox a days notice and assisted him in planning an area to rally caps.

If you want to trade comments of 'we did this' - then how about the caps we dropped into your battles?

As for Sylph, they rallied 60+ and then didn't come because they thought their little internet spaceships might get blown up.

For the few that did turn up, sorry if you're offended, but I'm really past caring for CVA and company. What you turned up with was somehow more offensive than if you hadn't come at all.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2778 on: September 11, 2008, 02:26:00 PM

If I had known vanguard was this immature, I would have never suggested them as an alternative.

That guy's a fucking tool.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2779 on: September 11, 2008, 02:44:03 PM

My reply on that thread - and God knows I don't post on Eve-O often - is perhaps rather impolitic.

Twitter - Endieposts

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2780 on: September 11, 2008, 02:59:34 PM

If I had known vanguard was this immature, I would have never suggested them as an alternative.

That guy's a fucking tool.

/emotes pennies dropping all over eve, and I stand tall once again as the hotheaded maverick who stood up to this douche.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2781 on: September 11, 2008, 03:12:22 PM

Epic fail post by Dark Motoko.

First, he's just setting them to neutral, right?, because Vanguard now operates in NBSI space.  So "go to hell" is just emo rage, making him look like a 13yo.

Second, Sylph, CVA, and AM have always been curteous and helpful, and their reputation is such that his post makes him look like a tool.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #2782 on: September 11, 2008, 03:48:53 PM

I think this post deserves to be in the "I'm a retard" and other stories thread!

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2783 on: September 11, 2008, 05:52:34 PM

From my understanding we were just getting to know Vanguard.  Not sure I could name any of their people outside apparently Bat Country? (when did that happen?)  But if they want to blame us for their loss of space, OK. 

IAC mess does not make us happy of course, but not something we can prevent either.  That whole border area and the changes in cooperating groups makes me twitchy.

On a different note, apparently Interstellar eXodus (Roadkill) has decided to come and play.  They smack in local, brag about killing haulers and make fun of ship setups while suiciding into Providence forces providing nice bags of T2 loot.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:04:02 PM by Pezzle »
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #2784 on: September 11, 2008, 06:37:41 PM

That alone will probably push me to disengage from Vanguard.

Soo.. who's up for a BAT meeting this wekeend? :) I'll bring the cupcakes!

Some kind of actual meeting thing might not be a bad idea.  Have we ever done that?

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2785 on: September 11, 2008, 07:23:29 PM

From what I just saw on Eve-O, IAC have now lost two of their most active corps.  Fleeing the sinking ship, eh?

Pezzle, we've been in Vanguard for about a month now.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2786 on: September 11, 2008, 08:35:25 PM

So busy doing diplomacy I miss all the shooting =(
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #2787 on: September 11, 2008, 11:17:58 PM

Wasn't Dark Motoko involved in some drone region drama? A quick search yields me nothing so I could be going down a blind alley, but still a nagging thought remains.

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2788 on: September 11, 2008, 11:44:50 PM

He was in DMC. An alliance that made caps for the Russians until they got eaten by them.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2789 on: September 13, 2008, 01:21:38 AM

When do BoB and Goonswarm start fighting again?

All these satellite powers are freaking boring. They all live or die at the whims of the few REAL zero-zero Alliances... it's all just a formality to actually kill them.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2790 on: September 13, 2008, 03:26:28 AM

When do BoB and Goonswarm start fighting again?
When CCP stop dicking about with meaningless crap and fixes the real problems with the game (i.e. never).

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2791 on: September 13, 2008, 03:57:12 AM

PL/SoT/GS/TCF aborted a baby titan in the Goon's spiritual home (their first foray into sov warfare) of XZH last night.  There's a good report of the battle and events leading up to it here if anyone cares.

Locking down and skirmishing over system control for 2 days while the towers were in reinforced was boring at times but really paid off.  The big showdown was EPICALLY laggy, I've seen nodes crash with less lag, but thankfully it held and TCF outta nowhere really helped with those final nails in the coffin.

edit: fixed URL
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 03:59:48 AM by Sparky »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2792 on: September 13, 2008, 04:36:14 AM

PL/SoT/GS/TCF aborted a baby titan in the Goon's spiritual home (their first foray into sov warfare) of XZH last night.  There's a good report of the battle and events leading up to it here if anyone cares.

Locking down and skirmishing over system control for 2 days while the towers were in reinforced was boring at times but really paid off.  The big showdown was EPICALLY laggy, I've seen nodes crash with less lag, but thankfully it held and TCF outta nowhere really helped with those final nails in the coffin.

edit: fixed URL

I went on the op the night before in AZN*, mainly to get directions for that one.  I then logged in last night in Geminate and wondered why there was three-minute module lag in utterly empty systems.  Doh, realised I'd missed it.  It was interesting that southern Geminate shared a system with XZH on the other side of the map, but Etherium Dawn over the border didn't.

*40 goons undock into 90 stain/coven/atlas, myself and one other goon each get a solo kill and redock because we actually look at who is in slow ships in their own bubbles (thank-you caldari navy antimatter on a Rokh), we lose like ten battleships in return, Davey fails to bait the rest of the hostiles off with a dread (which he then loses, less than 24 hours after getting it), and Bhodi is shouted at for not opening a cyno in what turns out to be a cyno-jammed system.  Glorious tomgoonery.

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2793 on: September 13, 2008, 08:08:15 AM

It was pretty fun day. I was tired by the end - it was about 10 straight hours of eve last night as we did the titan abortion.

I led the last big convoy up there and ended up being trapped outside the system with about 18 people. We run into the 80 man outbreak gang 1 jump out, currently blockading the entrance into the target system.

As soon as our forward scout hits their bubblecamp, the entire outbreak fleet jumps through into the system we're in, knowing our forward scout for what it was. At the same time, I'm in communication with the goonfleet FC who's warning me about their movements (and the existence of the gatecamp - too late). He gives me an out - all I need to do is get back out of the system 2 jumps away, and I'll get bridged in. He also desperately needs a cyno, and we just happen to have a cyno ship with us.

I get our gang into a temporary safespot just as they appear on the gate we just arrived on. They've blockaded the two exits out of the system. Now, there's no way I can get out of this without losing ships. But, most of my gang should survive. I decide to bait them.

We stay in the safespot, aligned back the way we came, as I get slightly panicked reports of probes in space detected - they are trying to find us. I keep scanner open and at 100,000km, waiting for their gang to show up on scan. Sure enough, under a minute later, I suddenly see 70 hostiles pop up.

I warp our entire gang off to the exit gate, and through, before the hostiles could respond. Foolishly, they left no tacklers to follow us through the gate. Unfortunately, most of us are in battleships and most of THEM are in hacs and intys so all we can do is run for our lives. Fortunately, it's only 2 jumps away. Our battleships do the MWD trick and we manage to get to the titan losing only two of our number - our first scout and a poor, slow claymore who wasn't able to outrun the gang. I and others get bridged in around 15m before TCF arrived.

So, after all that, I didn't end up missing the action. I was in all phases of the battle and was relaying information to FCs who hadn't loaded grid yet. For some reason, not only did I load grid on every battle, but the lag wasn't horrible for me and I was able to consistently jam 4-5 BS the entire time with my trusty scorpion. I did this on the first PoS (the one with the titan), later on the gate with the TCF versus outbreak, and then I warped to the second pos where the titan doomsdayed with support (before being told to warp out immediately due to pos guns).

Op success, so then we went back to our nearby staging area and hear reports of PF- (0.0 entrance)being camped one jump away. I pull together 20 people, smash their camp of about 15 (netting us a nighthawk, ishtar, and a kitsune) and then we camped the PF- gate for about 2 hours.

Finally, tired, we all take the trek back to goonspace and arrive safely at AZN an hour later.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 08:16:19 AM by bhodi »
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2794 on: September 13, 2008, 10:22:35 PM

Goons in Providence!  OH NoeS!!  awesome, for real

We went down to Catch today and shot at some AAA.  I got to apply my quick fix diplomacy today too.  Oh, you don't think what you did was bad?  KOS!  Oh your boss is going to defend what you did, KOS ALL OF YOU!  Now we can talk and be friends again =)  Fastest incident resolution EVER*.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2795 on: September 13, 2008, 10:36:29 PM

You threatened to KOS IAC?
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2796 on: September 13, 2008, 10:58:25 PM

We did?
First I heard of it.  Only really one man can make that call.

Still on good terms with IAC right now =)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2797 on: September 14, 2008, 01:56:41 AM

I don't think he meant IAC.

I'm intrigued as to who, in Catch I presume, you did mean, Pezzle?

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2798 on: September 14, 2008, 09:16:23 AM

I suppose it should have looked like this.  Just kidding, Pezzle!  So yeah, who was it?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2799 on: September 14, 2008, 09:31:20 AM

It should probably have been Vanguard, after Dark's idiot post.  We in Bat Country did ourselves no favours in the alliance by publicly dissassociating ourselves from that on Eve-O (:hurr:), in the same thread, but we feel a degree of loyalty in CVA's direction.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:25:30 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: