Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1972880 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2345 on: April 20, 2008, 10:32:33 AM

I should notify them that I've yet to receive my Battleship I medal.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2346 on: April 20, 2008, 11:49:06 AM

I'll have their guys contact your guys so you can work this entire horrible ordeal out pronto.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2347 on: April 20, 2008, 07:20:16 PM

TBH, the TRI venal corps never did a whole lot with the rest of TRI, barring major campaigns. If VSQ does end up leaving, I wouldn't even notice the alliance channel gone.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2348 on: April 21, 2008, 04:43:31 AM

I think we're about due for another round of "The north goes up in flames", tbqh. It's not only TRI teetering on the edge of implosion.
Hell, if I were BoB management I'd be giving some serious consideration to relocating back to their original regions about now - it's not like anybody up there would be able to stop them any more.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2349 on: April 22, 2008, 02:43:26 PM

I doubt that happens. It would mean BoB 'lost' the war with Goons  ACK!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2350 on: April 22, 2008, 03:43:45 PM

They could just make a huge post about how they never cared about Delve from the beginning and only held on to it because it frustrated the Goons to be unable to take it.  Now they're bored and want to go find fun somewhere else?
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #2351 on: April 22, 2008, 03:45:37 PM

Jedi mind tricks only work for Jedis, Phil.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2352 on: April 22, 2008, 05:04:26 PM

Jedi mind tricks only work for Jedis, Phil.

Well, the Jedi Council is well known to play EvE and all of them are in BoJ (Band of Jedi as I like to call them). It's pretty obvious when Yoda FCs. "There is no try, there is only lag. Fighters release we will. "
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2353 on: April 22, 2008, 05:37:10 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2354 on: April 24, 2008, 06:12:04 PM

TRI's war against RZR has netted them a titan kill. Maybe they aren't failure cascading at all...

It was in a mixed alliance gang with no staging pos; A (PURE) spy warped to 0 and decloaked it, the enemy gang warped at 0 and rape insued.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:33:09 PM by bhodi »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2355 on: April 24, 2008, 07:16:09 PM

This may be a silly question, but why did so many of the carriers use sentry drones instead of fighters?

Edit: Actually, could someone explain the Titan's fittings as well?  Why so many smartbombs and cap rechargers?

Edit 2: A Rorqual got on the killmail and outdamaged several of the battleships!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:05:40 PM by Phildo »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2356 on: April 24, 2008, 10:26:25 PM

The Smart Bombs will use the edges of the ship to start measuring their 'range' or radius or whatever its called. So on a titan, it's a HUGE ass area. Lets the Titan clears out drones and bubbles and stuff.

Cap recharger's are because most of the cool things a titan can do drain its cap to near zero, but something funky about how huge a titans energy pool is makes the recharger's work in overdrive after X point of energy loss. Which is the potential for near infinite cap.

Carriers use sentry drones probably for ease of recall. Fighters will go all the fuck over the place.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2357 on: April 24, 2008, 10:49:51 PM

Upon reflection, the sentry drones are probably to stay well outside of the Titan's smartbomb range.  Shame to lose a few hundred million in fighters when you can just hammer away with sentries at range.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2358 on: April 24, 2008, 11:04:02 PM

Sentry drones are also the only way a Carrier can do anything against POS, fighters have no effect.  Won't attack Turrets, can't range on the tower.

--Dave

EDIT: Also, most carrier pilots carry one less fighter than their max, which leaves room for a shitload of drones.

--Signature Unclear
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #2359 on: April 25, 2008, 03:28:59 AM

Wait, a Titan can cloak!!??

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2360 on: April 25, 2008, 04:08:04 AM

Everything can cloak if it has enough grid/cpu to fit a cloaking device.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2361 on: April 25, 2008, 11:43:36 AM

That's how Shrike lost his titan: he doomsdayed then cloaked up.  One bloke who had warped out before the DD went off remembered roughly where the titan had been relative to the gate and flew right for him when he warped back, decloaking him.  Instant GF folk hero status acquired.  Mrch's position in GF secured.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2362 on: April 25, 2008, 01:00:15 PM

Why didn't they field that titan in the south, oh why?

* JoeTF goes to sob quietly in the corner.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2363 on: April 25, 2008, 01:24:36 PM

Because you guys felt rather protective about your cyno jammers?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2364 on: April 25, 2008, 04:50:23 PM

Speaking of titans, Chribba was acting as "independant third party auctioneer" for an Erebus earlier.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2365 on: April 26, 2008, 03:17:49 AM

So there should be a lot of POSes coming out of reinforced later today. I doubt MC will put up much of a fight, but I hope to get on a few killmails. Anyway expect lots of lag this afternoon.

P.S. I heard some MC guys were bragging about how goons are their bitch now. They are claiming to have full support from RedSwarm in today's fight.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2366 on: April 26, 2008, 11:31:54 AM

P.S. I heard some MC guys were bragging about how goons are their bitch now.

It's true.  We are the meatshield of MC now that RA are dead.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2367 on: April 26, 2008, 04:19:26 PM

I'm there now, and it looks like MC isn't going to show up.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2368 on: April 26, 2008, 05:30:21 PM

That makes a change.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2369 on: April 27, 2008, 01:48:03 AM

MC has asked AAA for help.

[09:12:47] AAA dude > we were laughing in alliance/corp bout it
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2370 on: April 27, 2008, 03:55:12 PM

What's going to be bloody hilarious is the whining about "But Goonfleet said that they'd kill BoB!!!"
Well, yeah. We're in (NPC) Delve now - well, some of us are. Maybe if pretty much every other single alliance and corp. involved hadn't buggered off back to their home regions two months ago, matters would have been different now?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2371 on: April 28, 2008, 07:09:31 AM

MC and friends are abandoning Period Basis. It seems that some of the MC corps are moving into Stain/leaving the alliance. In short, seems they went *poof*.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2372 on: April 28, 2008, 01:07:50 PM

And hopefully Krall Amarr will get recruited by BoB and bring his...unique gift with him.  awesome, for real

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2373 on: April 28, 2008, 01:45:53 PM

This is what Simond is referring to, for those of you who are playing the home game.
The guy that gave to BoB the POS password is Krall Amarr, ETNY Titan Pilot- I don't know how are the standards in MC but I'd suggest you to kick him, pronto. Me and some other italian guys were determined to blow up his titan and started arranging a plan... eventually, me and Dianabolic got in touch via a common (not-aligned) friend and decided this:

-I'd pose as BoB high-profile spy in goonswarm, tasked to recruit him in RKK (lol). I even claimed at a certain point that I was a goonfleet director, although I'm in TCF (double lol).
-Threaten his titan under construction (Avatar).
-Obtain informations about MC.
-Possibly scam him out of some assets.

During some rather hilarious chatlogs, during which a friend of mine (who isn't even in BoB) posed as Galavet to convince him to contract some stuff to my alt, Krall Amarr went from "I'll never betray MC" to "I'll do whatever you want to save my Titan under construction". In less than a week.

GG indeed.

Now, since MC is folding anyway and even their titan pilots are selling themselves to BoB, there's no need to keep that poorly kept secret. Shame they couldn't kill his Erebus, which was the original plan, but we scammed him out of some isks and assets (and dignity) so it's all good.

Why did I do this? As others said before me: MC, Die. I'll add, Krall Amarr too Cool
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2374 on: April 28, 2008, 02:36:51 PM

Partially that, partially that pretty much every alliance he's ever joined has failure cascaded.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2375 on: April 30, 2008, 04:37:27 PM

RA/Mass and Stain Empire/Coven had a massive capship slugfest orbiting a Mass PoS. RA Hotdropped their entire capfleet on them without major subcapital support in system; The numbers were roughly SE/Coven at 40 caps + 100 support, RA/Mass had 40 caps + 5 support (and the PoS). Each side lost about 30 caps, mainly dreads.  RA had very little support on grid (as you see), and was thus driven off. Not before they could pop all the wrecks, however, so no spoils of war for SE.

Edit with more details, it turned out different; RA lost a lot more than I heard.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:18:49 PM by bhodi »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2376 on: April 30, 2008, 05:22:38 PM

Stain still existed?

Well, not any more I suppose.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2377 on: May 01, 2008, 01:53:42 PM

Bruce is done. Failure Cascade is in progress, complete with director treachery. BoB is headed for their core to take fountain, FOOM, the executor corp, has left BRUCE and taking with it the only members in BRUCE worth a damn (plus their executor, too), while evacuating assets and towers. The BRUCE membership and the rest of the BRUCE corps had no idea until about 4 hours ago. Their announcement:

Most excellent BRUCEs:

This will be my last address to you as Executor.

May as well get that out of the way as early in the address as possible. For almost exactly two years now (counting from the date we began actual recruitment for BRUCE, not from the date it was really founded), BRUCE has been at the core of my thoughts, at the center of my actions, foremost in my concerns. In that entire two years, I have taken exactly one week off from posting, piloting, praising and prodding - I got married.

I am, I must admit, tired. Lately the question has been asked - and rightfully so - why we have been sitting back, reacting slowly, not taking the offensive, etc. The question is a fair one, and the answer is simple: your leader is spent. BRUCE continues on, though, and your successor will be announced in the next day or two, and this person will no doubt lead a great charge to recapture that which has been lost, and restore BRUCE to road of glory it was trodding down.

FOOM will be taking another road; the corporation, like its leader, must now take another path. Rest assured that we will never turn our guns towards BRUCE, and that our future may very well cross paths with yours again. You may safely assume that wherever FOOM travels, the name of BRUCE is still defended. Quite a few members of FOOM may wish to remain when we depart; I have no doubt that the corporations of this alliance will welcome them to their new homes. It may be that a few of you wish to follow where FOOM is going, but our path for the future is going back to Empire, and there, to settle some very old scores and bathe in blood of long-remembered debts. It is not a road for any but the aggressive and violent BRUCE, and even then, we will be taking very few with us. I would encourage you to stay.

BRUCE has long been accused of being a cult of personality. While this is a flattering notion to me, I reject it. BRUCE is a cult of a different sort - a cult of ideology. That ideology - that miners, traders, missioners, and pvp'rs stand shoulder to shoulder, that we help each other because we should, and that a culture of NOT being vile whenever you can - lives on. The idea of the BRUCE: studied, cautious, clever, quick to avenge and long to ally, lives on. The founding principles of BRUCE live on in you, the member. Every time a pilot stands up for themselves, every time a pilot gives a ship to another because they need one, every time a favor is done just because it could be - BRUCE becomes more of a cult of ideology. BRUCE is far greater than one man; certainly far greater than this one.

Hard times are ahead. I am not the one to lead you through it. The road, though, is clear, and the direction will be given. Know your Reps still watch out for you, and that the new Executor will have all the charisma, character, and cleverness you have come to know. I fully expect that BRUCE will come to secure all of Fountain in due time, and PL - like 9th Fleet, like Huzzah, like ExM, like OSS, all of whom seemed insurmountable foes once - will be ground under the heel of the BRUCEian behemoth, and become yet another foe smashed under BRUCE's might. New commanders will rise; new leaders will point the way. New fleets will be generated, and new ideas followed. Greatness still stands on the horizon for BRUCE. I have no doubt that the new leader, so named, will address you all in a day or two.

But for me, the chair grows cold, the sceptre heavy, and the crown uncomfortable. My time is done. I have no doubt that FOOM and BRUCE will cross paths again, and no doubt that I will once again come to know you all, but for now, if you may forgive the misquotation:

The Parrots and their leader are all shagged out from a prolonged squawk, and we pine for the fjords.

Good luck, good hunting, and godspeed. If I may make one final request:

Make me proud, and make the BRUCE name shine.

LONG LIVE THE BRUCES! o/
-Friedrick Psitalon,
CEO, The Dead Parrot Shoppe
Proud Former Executor, Brutally Clever Empire
It looks like any of you who wanted medals are too late!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 01:59:04 PM by bhodi »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2378 on: May 01, 2008, 02:06:22 PM

BAT needs to have their own medals. We need a thread to propose possibilities.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2379 on: May 02, 2008, 04:46:07 AM

Medal of GAR:

\  /
    V
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: