Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Quick questions re: CoX 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick questions re: CoX  (Read 4041 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: January 31, 2007, 10:20:01 PM

1.  When can you pvp?  Where do you go?  Is there an equiv to WoW's lvl19 twinks or are the lowbie pvp area/arena/bg's just empty?

2.  If you were going to roll a pvp duo for the lowest Lvl tier of pvp, what would you roll, Villian preferred unless  there is a much better duo for heroes.  Please go into detail.  I want to pwn with impunity  tongue

So yeah me and a buddy figured we're both not playing shit till SC comes out (I love calling it SC, because fuck starcraft) so why not try some CoX pvp?  Thanks in advance for any input.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:43:10 AM

1). Just last night a contact gave me a mission to a PvP zone at level 31. As to when you could go I think there are various zones at different levels starting at about level 20.

2). You want to make a villain side PvP toon. Only one answer there. Stalker. Check it out a stealthed  melee with a front loaded huge attack from stealth. Front loaded spike damage from a invisible sneak.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 06:07:26 AM

1.  When can you pvp?  Where do you go?  Is there an equiv to WoW's lvl19 twinks or are the lowbie pvp area/arena/bg's just empty?

For zone PvP, you can go to Booty Bay starting at level 15. Anyone entering BB is effectively level 25. BB is a hero-vs-villain zone. I don't think there's any particular incentive to go there, except to get a Shivan.

Starting at level 20, you can go to Siren's Call. The effective level in SC is 30. Heroes vs Villains. Defeating opponents in SC earns you points, which can be spent at a special vendor in your team's base. You can buy inspirations and enhancements with your points. Also, each player is assigned one special target from the other side, and if you defeat that person, you get a bonus to your score. When your target is defeated, or flees the zone, a new target is assigned.

There is an ongoing struggle going on in SC between the Longbow and Arachnos npc forces. The victors in each battle move control of the zone towards either villains or heroes. Players can participate in these fights, to help their side win each battle. Whichever side has control of the zone gets a special vendor in their base, who sells temp powers for inf.

I'd describe Warburg and Recluse's Victory, but I honestly haven't gone to those zones for either PvE or PvP.

Siren's Call is the only zone that rewards you for PvP. Hence, it tends to be the busiest of the zones.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:52:48 PM

Booty Bay

Bloody.

What they said.  You can go to PvP zones starting at 15, but Siren's Call is where the real action is.  You can go in at 20, but I'd wait until 22 just for Single Origins Enhancements.

Recluse's Victory is pretty popular as well, but that's not until 40.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:32:01 PM

When you go into these zones, if you're higher than the level which the zone modifies you to be, do you lose the use of powers/slots?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 04:54:42 PM

When you go into these zones, if you're higher than the level which the zone modifies you to be, do you lose the use of powers/slots?
You lose powers but not the "extra" slots in the powers you still have.

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 08:59:17 AM

You lose powers but not the "extra" slots in the powers you still have.
However, all your enhancements lose some effectiveness, which increases the higher you are above the level cap.

i.e. a level 30 has half the slots of a level 50, so the level 50's enhancements are only half as powerful.

This is not an actual example because I don't know the actual numbers, but keep it in mind.

--GF
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 06:08:26 AM

There have been huge forum arguments over the impact of explaring (ie lvling down) on enhancement slots. I believe the trade-off is flexibility versus power, with the "best" place to be is at the natural lvl for the zone. But you can still fit in and do a lot.

To the OP - take a look at the CoH/V forums, which have a guide section that might cover some of the info you are interested in.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Quick questions re: CoX  
Jump to: