Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9!  (Read 441211 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #665 on: June 08, 2007, 07:33:15 AM

That's a good point - could CCP employees be elected to this 'oversight council' on their play accounts?

10 Print "Everything is fine here"
20 Goto 10

Even CCP, High Kings of the land of Fuckuptopia, would see the results of that one being found out.  Shortly, I admit, after saying, "hey, you know what would be good?  We could all get ourselves electe.. ohnowait".

It'll be interesting to hear what Kugutsumen, or Remedial, or the Mitanni or (my choice) Firstname Lastname or whoever the SA&Pals-backed candidate is say about the visit.  Not just from the point of view of "all we saw was a powerpoint presentation saying how honest CCP was then a free bar and a stage-hypnotist that I can't remember much about except the powerful urge to say the words 'nothing to see here'".  More from the point of view of "then Arkonor slapped DBP on the butt and kissed him with tongues before heading off to their room, giggling over a pile of BPOs".

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #666 on: June 08, 2007, 09:17:09 AM

Oh man, this thread just keeps getting better and better.  :-D

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #667 on: June 09, 2007, 01:11:00 AM

Tbh, I would rather not have turds like Mittani gain read access to db. Chances they wouldn't abuse it are null.
Moreover, I don't believe a word GF says (kind of hard to after amount of outright lies and fabrications they peddled to us).
If you really want to achieve something with this oversight committee, you better elect some third party people.   
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #668 on: June 09, 2007, 01:25:56 AM

I might concede GF isn't the most trustworthy body but people will naturally side with those that don't cheat.

I agree on the oversight committee thing though.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #669 on: June 09, 2007, 05:45:41 AM

Ya'll would probably be better off asking CCP to hire an auditing firm and then letting the community specify a few metrics for them to track.

CCP can maintain their privacy and the players get an independent third party giving them the data they want.

It's absurd that it's gotten to this point though.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #670 on: June 09, 2007, 08:13:42 AM

I don't think an auditing firm would work; if I were playing, I'd want the devs to get the hell out of my crap, out of the game, and just do their jobs and develop, not play.  Yes, I know they need to play the game in order to get feedback on it, but that shouldn't be play play, it should be interacting with the interface for the purpose of getting data out of it.  A job. 

If they announced some sort of auditing firm, I would ask for data on how many devs have regular player accounts, what percentage of them are in the major alliances, what percentage of them have position of power (director, etc.), how much ISK they have, how many T2 BPO's, and so on.  I.E. data I shouldn't have about regular players, but that I feel the need to have because devs are still playing the damn game and affecting it.

So, then, what would CCP do when these numbers get reported?  I don't think they want that.

What would satisfy me enough to return, at this point, would be all dev accounts being deleted, strict ban procedures for anyone attempting to contact a dev outside of petitions, and a marked and immediate improvement in the quality of their code and a reduction of the bugs (signifying that they've stopped playing the game and they've gone to work bugfixing and developing it).
Hellinar
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: June 09, 2007, 11:30:52 AM

I don't think an auditing firm would work; if I were playing, I'd want the devs to get the hell out of my crap, out of the game, and just do their jobs and develop, not play. 
I get the strong impression that the Devs at EVE built a game they wanted to play rather than a money optimization exercise. If you introduced an all work and no play environment, I think a lot of the current Devs would cash out, and hire people for whom it is just a job. Maybe it is time for that. A hard transition to make though, when the player-devs are also major stockholders.  People don't give up on their dreams for mere business reasons, unless they are absolutly forced to.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #672 on: June 09, 2007, 12:22:38 PM

Fucking Baffling Attitude there mate :  The time to cash out of that kinda shit is when people start putting cash INTO it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #673 on: June 09, 2007, 01:52:43 PM

Moreover, I don't believe a word GF says (kind of hard to after amount of outright lies and fabrications they peddled to us).

What lies?  The only thing even slightly inaccurate was caused by the CEO of darkstar1 being a bit dim and saying his petition got deleted, then saying oops, maybe my client crashed when logging it.  I thought this was covered pages ago.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #674 on: June 09, 2007, 02:06:03 PM

Indeed, and to give CCP their due they admitted that the way they handled that petition was wrong and open to suspicion, and have said that they will change their practises in future.

But Joe's post was written in a rush: he had to get back under his bridge to waylay travellers.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #675 on: June 09, 2007, 02:10:51 PM

I'm still concerned about all of these new people posting on OUR forum. They aren't showing proper respect and deference to the old Foozles. If we don't nip this in the bud they might tell their friends and overwhelm us with numbers!
neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #676 on: June 09, 2007, 03:57:49 PM

yea, lets kick em.

Its not like CCP will get their credit back from the haters/forum drama queens anyway.
A lot of people of seem to be having a good time with eve. It is one of the few online games that is capable of continuous growth through the years.
Looks like they are doing something right.

Anyway, once we clean the goons up, the real war can start.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:13:02 PM by neep »
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #677 on: June 09, 2007, 04:51:01 PM

Oh hey, BoB's here.

Like... Shut the fuck up.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #678 on: June 09, 2007, 07:43:53 PM

I'm still concerned about all of these new people posting on OUR forum. They aren't showing proper respect and deference to the old Foozles. If we don't nip this in the bud they might tell their friends and overwhelm us with numbers!

Well done sir.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #679 on: June 09, 2007, 07:55:34 PM

Heh, fyi you've also been linked from the WoW general discussion forums on at least one occasion, I've seen it.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #680 on: June 09, 2007, 08:13:47 PM

Those bastards!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #681 on: June 09, 2007, 11:41:01 PM

Heh, fyi you've also been linked from the WoW general discussion forums on at least one occasion, I've seen it.

I can't imagine a worse fate.  I also can't imagine why....

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #682 on: June 10, 2007, 01:16:58 AM

I can't imagine a worse fate.  I also can't imagine why....

F13-Board thread of the day ? :-D

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #683 on: June 10, 2007, 01:27:28 AM

That might make schild's head explode.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #684 on: June 11, 2007, 10:26:23 AM

CCP doesn't like Goonswarm. cheesy
Also contains leet beta infos on how to survive titan DDs.  rolleyes

Oh, and tip for the day - if you're a member of ISD with access to the petition database...make sure you log out before leaving your PC, otherwise your room-mate might just take all that information and hand it to a disgruntled hacker (who we shall call 'K') working in SE Asia. Whoops!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #685 on: June 11, 2007, 10:44:00 AM

CCP doesn't like Goonswarm. cheesy
Also contains leet beta infos on how to survive titan DDs.  rolleyes

Oh, and tip for the day - if you're a member of ISD with access to the petition database...make sure you log out before leaving your PC, otherwise your room-mate might just take all that information and hand it to a disgruntled hacker (who we shall call 'K') working in SE Asia. Whoops!

CCP wants 300k subscribers by the end of the year? A 50% increase?

Of course, EVE's well balanced and readily accessible endgame coupled with CCP's sterling reputation for honesty and integrity has me hovering my finger over the Subscribe button right now.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #686 on: June 11, 2007, 11:32:52 AM

Magnus: They refuse to admit that they’re losing to another alliance, and the only explanation that they can figure out is that those guys are cheating. Not just that they’re cheating, but that they’re cheating in cooperation with employees at CCP. That seems to be the only logical explanation that they’re coming up with.

Clearly we would never do anything like that.  Right t20?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #687 on: June 11, 2007, 11:45:54 AM

Is it just me or does that Magnus guy come across as a complete dick? He seems to be blissfully unaware of the obvious bias he expresses through most of the interview. It's not the the BoB vs. Goonfleet  stuff either. His disdain for empire guys like me is quite obvious as well.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #688 on: June 11, 2007, 11:47:19 AM

Not just you, I got that from previous interviews, from Magnus and Hrothgar or whatever the head-honcho's name is.  Hilmar?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #689 on: June 11, 2007, 12:12:37 PM

His disdain for empire guys like me is quite obvious as well.

$$$ overcomes disdain however otherwise they wouldn't have Empire safety and they wouldn't have nerfed the Privateers.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #690 on: June 11, 2007, 01:13:36 PM

Oh yea. Trust me. Us Empire based casuals are well aware of who is printing the CCP money hats and paying for these overgrown children to make the 0.0 game they want. I don't think it's too much to ask that they at least restrain their sneers while they take our money.
neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #691 on: June 11, 2007, 01:35:45 PM

I always got the impression CCP just saw empire as 'newbie area' where people would learn the ropes for a few months and then move on to 0.0. They still can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that the more casual or pve oriented players might want to stick around in empire just because they are actually enjoying themselves more there than they would in 0.0.
Alliance PVP is king in Eve and CCP, just like a lot of MMO houses, seems to think that investing in their end game e-peen is more important than catering to the casual crowd.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #692 on: June 11, 2007, 01:47:28 PM

If that's the case, sounds like they don't "get" their own game, which seems pretty reasonable now that I think about it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #693 on: June 11, 2007, 02:19:03 PM

I always got the impression CCP just saw empire as 'newbie area' where people would learn the ropes for a few months and then move on to 0.0. They still can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that the more casual or pve oriented players might want to stick around in empire just because they are actually enjoying themselves more there than they would in 0.0.
Alliance PVP is king in Eve and CCP, just like a lot of MMO houses, seems to think that investing in their end game e-peen is more important than catering to the casual crowd.

You are correct.  This came up before, and someone provided links to some posts that pretty much explained this as the exact case.  CCP really wants everyone to move into low-sec at 'mid-level' and live in 0.0. That's why getting-up the funds for a BS or better is damned hard in lowsec, and infuriating in empire.   It's also why CCP moved the better agents out into low/no sec a while back.

There's no reason to keep all the 'good stuff' out in low sec.  None.  The 0.0 catasses will come here and argue, but there's plenty of security in their 0.0 money-waterfalls that make their PvE just as secure as Empire.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #694 on: June 11, 2007, 03:14:32 PM

It just keeps getting better. So now one of the ISD's took a confidential file and splashed it all over the net.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=535208

CCP is so full of Popcorn that Orville Redenbacher should buy them.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: June 11, 2007, 03:19:30 PM

It just keeps getting better. So now one of the ISD's took a confidential file and splashed it all over the net.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=535208

CCP is so full of Popcorn that Orville Redenbacher should buy them.

Is there a non-censored version of that somewhere? What actually happened?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #696 on: June 11, 2007, 03:40:27 PM

Needless to say, the CCP staff involved in the investigation are thoroughly disgusted by the actions taken by this volunteer anddealt with this misconduct in what we feel is the most just and severe manner possible.
If only CCP got all "disgusted" when it's their own paid employees who pull crap like this instead of some random guy on the internet.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #697 on: June 11, 2007, 04:05:44 PM

Just how freaking stupid are they that volunteers would have access to this stuff in the first place?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #698 on: June 11, 2007, 04:15:58 PM

Is there a non-censored version of that somewhere? What actually happened?

It's all company confidential so don't think it's wise to post any of it here.  I haven't seen the complete archive, but lots of comedy emails from dbp (A high level BoB guy) to the forum mods are being reposted in various places.  Such as him informing them he doesn't like being referred to as supreme lord and master of the self-fellating half-wit division of BoB and please deal with the nasty person who said it etc etc
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #699 on: June 11, 2007, 04:20:13 PM

Oh, so it was just personal emails and stuff like that. Good, because for a second there i thought they'd gone and suffed something else up.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9!  
Jump to: