Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9!  (Read 441117 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: May 30, 2007, 03:47:37 AM

Actually, I take that back - I've just read the CCP 'findings' and it's worse.

:-D
The CCP responses is awesome - it's the internet version of mouth going before brain is in gear. If I were actively trying to make the whole thing look like a cover-up & whitewash I couldn't have done a better job.

Seriously; "STFU about our corruption or we'll sue you"? Pure genius.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #456 on: May 30, 2007, 04:07:35 AM

Are you fucking kidding ?  That's the most biased shite I've ever read and I used to write copy for the SNP.

I like the SNP  tongue
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: May 30, 2007, 04:14:04 AM

Comedy, part 2: No mention about BoB's self-admitted hotline to the devs, for some reason.

Lum makes an interesting point on his blog that he used to have some hardcore players listed on his MSN when he was at Mythic because it was helpful to get their view on the game at times.  So it might well be the case with CCP and that's not so bad - if and only if it isn't exclusive to BoB and they have non-BoB player contacts too.

What I'm interested in is their response to the screenies of Sharkbait's apparent unprofessional conduct in IG chat - ASCII art and everything.  I mean, Tseric goes postal on the WoW boards and is no looking for alternative employment.  Sharkbait allegedly gives the EVE playerbase the finger in game with seemingly no consequences.  So either he did and CCP don't care, or the screenies are fabricated.  I'll bet the truth depends on which side of the BoB/GS line you stand.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: May 30, 2007, 04:20:02 AM

ANGRY GOON RESPONSE

I'm sure Eve will be fine without the goons. In fact I'm sure the number of goons quitting will be pretty small. The majority will join other alliances/corps with better leadership. 
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #459 on: May 30, 2007, 04:21:27 AM

DraconianOne, that's was an old screenshot.  

There's no problem having hardcore players on your contact list, however recruiting players from mostly one or two alliances.  Having a dev spawn items for one of those alliances, having a dev lead their capital fleet, GM's piloting titan's and firing reporters because one of those players contacted you on msn is a bit different.  There's a clear bias involved because the devs secretly play the game and can't resist helping their "friends".

It's all out in open now so at least everyone knows where they stand.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: May 30, 2007, 04:28:25 AM

While it’s somewhat understandable that the participation of CCP staff in EVE is being questioned once again, our answer must once more be that our involvement is vital to the development of EVE. Barring CCP employees from the game would effectively stop EVE in its tracks. EVE is such a complex application that it is impossible to understand it without participating, playing on the test server is not the full EVE experience, nor is it possible to replicate issues involving our server structure or large amounts of players using it

As I said on Brokentoys, it's this particular CCP bit that really bothers me.  It seems dishonest somehow. 

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lightstalker
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: May 30, 2007, 04:33:20 AM

While it’s somewhat understandable that the participation of CCP staff in EVE is being questioned once again, our answer must once more be that our involvement is vital to the development of EVE. Barring CCP employees from the game would effectively stop EVE in its tracks. EVE is such a complex application that it is impossible to understand it without participating, playing on the test server is not the full EVE experience, nor is it possible to replicate issues involving our server structure or large amounts of players using it

As I said on Brokentoys, it's this particular CCP bit that really bothers me.  It seems dishonest somehow. 

Probably in that they'd likely learn a great deal more on the losing side of the game... 
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: May 30, 2007, 04:46:49 AM

Are you fucking kidding ?  That's the most biased shite I've ever read and I used to write copy for the SNP.

I like the SNP  tongue

Haha sassenach noobs we run the country now (sort of, and we don't have the votes to do anything, but hey, what we'd do would be stupid anyway).

PS The ongoing Mitanni drama thing is hilarious.  Utterly confusing even with GF access, but hee-layri-us nonetheless.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #463 on: May 30, 2007, 04:54:35 AM

Way to dodge the issue there, arkanon. I'm certain it's easy to call us a bunch of script kiddie hackers when you get to omit, modify, and add details as you see fit.

First, regarding Darkstar 1, we never accused you of anything, we wanted clarification regarding the fact that a GM had entered a corporation and given himself director roles, then left without so much as a convo, evemail, or anything to any member of the corporation. The Original reason given by you, kieron, was that he joined the corporation to deal with a POS petition, which DS1 said was never written. You then decide that it was, in fact, a BPO petition, and accuse DS1 of lying about writing it. You say "You filed a petition regarding a pos", we say "no we didn't", you say, "You filed a petition regarding a BPO" we say, "yeah that happened" and you accuse us of lying, of changing our story, when you're the one who did it.

The second bit was of comparitively little concern, and I have no problems with the ruling on that, and it was never an official stance of the alliance that the events were being rigged in favor of any alliance, just that they were being rigged, but thanks for trying to make the psychotic ramblings of a bunch of eve-o posters our official alliance policy, it's real swell of you.

Third. The third one still stinks to high heaven. Why are players allowed to be in contact with employees of CCP knowingly? More specifically, why are BoB members allowed to do this, and not, well, us. Following Fanfest 2006, GM Eldini, having befriended several corporation members at fanfest, registered an account on our forums for social purposes. A week later, he requested his account be deleted because his job was being threatened if he stayed in contact with us. Dianabolic, however, is allowed to drum up people 6:30 in the morning to deal with his issues in minutes. Is there some rulebook that says "You aren't allowed to register for player forums, but you can talk to everyone on MSN just fine"? If this is the case, could you kindly forward me GM Eldini's contact information, I miss him.

You really paid attention to the symptom instead of the disease here, it's great that he was already a loose cannon and you needed him to turn in his badge and his gun, but the investigation(and dianabolic) uncovered something far more sinister. Are players encouraged to befriend the Employee's of CCP and talk to them outside of Sanctioned areas(like MSN or on a forum) like it would seem to be in dianabolic's case, or are the employee's of CCP forbidden from being in casual contact with the playerbase, like it would seem in ours/GM Eldini's case?

The above is a post from a goon on the feedback thread. 

It really goes to the core of the issue with regard to darkstar1, if a gm had contacted the ceo of darkstar1 before the dev joined the corp (which they have done before) there wouldn't have been a problem.
If Sharkbait had answered in-game why he was in the corp, or if they had replied to the petition asking about it, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Instead CCP said a petition was logged by one of the 200 members of darkstar1 regarding a pos, darkstar1 said that wasn't true.

It now turns out the petition wasn't about a pos but it was about a stuck bpo, which darkstar1 said all along they had logged a petition about back in February.  There's still nobody in darkstar1 taking responsibility for logging a recent petition.

So CCP's response is to basically call them liars and ask why they didn't notice one email out of hundreds recieved on several accounts for 3 weeks, while still refusing to speak to the CEO of the corp at any point in time.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #464 on: May 30, 2007, 05:03:32 AM

Comedy, part 2: No mention about BoB's self-admitted hotline to the devs, for some reason.
Lum makes an interesting point on his blog that he used to have some hardcore players listed on his MSN when he was at Mythic because it was helpful to get their view on the game at times.  So it might well be the case with CCP and that's not so bad - if and only if it isn't exclusive to BoB and they have non-BoB player contacts too.
The problem is is that CCP has already been caught cheating in their own game by helping out BoB. At this point they should be bending over backwards to separate themselves from BoB as far as possible -- e.g. the boards should be filled with BoB members whining about how CCP never respond to their petitions anymore. The perception right now, rightly or wrongly, is that BoB is still in bed with various CCP employess and the whole MSN buddy list thing just reinforces that perception.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: May 30, 2007, 05:43:39 AM

ANGRY GOON RESPONSE

I'm sure Eve will be fine without the goons. In fact I'm sure the number of goons quitting will be pretty small. The majority will join other alliances/corps with better leadership.
I'm assuming that by 'better leadership' you mean 'BoB or their slaves' in this post, because, well, there's not much point in joining any other corps any more. BoB has the devs on speed-dial, an inside line on any changes scheduled to the game (see: BoB requiring their vassals to start supplying outpost eggs as part of their rent months before the sovereignty changes blog was posted), and CCP threatening legal action against anyone trying to uncover this incestuous little relationship.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: May 30, 2007, 06:05:09 AM

At this point, I think its obvious that the game has become (has been) rigged.
Whats the story on pvp centric games released or to be released 'soon'?
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: May 30, 2007, 06:09:50 AM

This is why the goons lost. Dev hacks is just another excuse.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: May 30, 2007, 06:14:07 AM

I find it interesting that those in and close to the game can't seem to get outta the mindset.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: May 30, 2007, 06:31:43 AM

I think it should be obvious to everyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together that CCP is not a company you want to fork over your money to.  Not to say that the Goons are a bunch of saints, but honestly, when you've got company employees rigging their own game to twink out their buddies in a fiercely PVP game and those employees don't get fired?  It's probably best to move on and never touch another one of that company's games, ever.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: May 30, 2007, 06:33:50 AM

Indeed.  Is that actually you in the avatar ?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #471 on: May 30, 2007, 06:36:29 AM

I think it should be obvious to everyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together that CCP is not a company you want to fork over your money to.  Not to say that the Goons are a bunch of saints, but honestly, when you've got company employees rigging their own game to twink out their buddies in a fiercely PVP game and those employees don't get fired?  It's probably best to move on and never touch another one of that company's games, ever.

Yeah hard to argue with that, I'd be a lot more pissed if I hadn't of known what I was getting into.  I started playing because of the last scandal so I only have a couple of months invested.  There's a goon meeting tonight so I'll see what the plan is and if I want to continue, if I do continue I'll be paying for my time with isk, CCP aren't getting another penny from me.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: May 30, 2007, 06:36:45 AM

Indeed.  Is that actually you in the avatar ?

Yep.  I got bored of incestuous dog/cat animal sex.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: May 30, 2007, 06:37:22 AM

I always find it odd when a poster resembles almost exactly the image you'd made for him in your own head.

Scary.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: May 30, 2007, 06:48:22 AM

I always find it odd when a poster resembles almost exactly the image you'd made for him in your own head.

Scary.

So you already had a vision in your mind of a golden God, who makes women swoon with his mere presence and reduces men to fits of envy?

ETA:  Actually, I don't think I could handle seeing what you look like, Iron.  To me you'll always be the "Kneel before Zod!" guy.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: May 30, 2007, 06:50:21 AM

Scary.

So you already had a vision in your mind of a golden God, who makes women swoon with his mere presence and reduces men to fits of envy?

I thought he meant fuzzy and about an inch tall, with no body below the midriff.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: May 30, 2007, 08:15:28 AM

Hmm, you don't look all that different from me. That explains so much! :-D

Sutro
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: May 30, 2007, 10:00:01 AM

Apparently, so did GoonSwarm. unless this is just more forum dramabombs for giggles.

--Dave

For whoever actually believes that retirement post, I know of a few deposed oil magnates in Nigeria who'd love to speak with you.

-Sutro

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: May 30, 2007, 10:28:18 AM

Ssssh! I've got a whole forum elsewhere (heavy with ex-LV) believing that it's true!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #479 on: May 30, 2007, 10:31:10 AM

This is why the goons lost. Dev hacks is just another excuse.

The reason they lost is they are fighting BoB in their Tech 2 ships that they got from the scandal before? /popcorn

Sure, it was horribly fitted. But a T2/faction carrier is gonna drop to that gang.

Either way, like I said. Account sold. Don't miss it much either. No more of my money to CCP.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #480 on: May 30, 2007, 10:55:37 AM

I go away for a weekend and look what happens. undecided
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: May 30, 2007, 11:36:22 AM

Want to buy some timecards?

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: May 30, 2007, 11:42:50 AM

What the going rate for a 90 day card?
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #483 on: May 30, 2007, 11:43:41 AM

Want to buy some timecards?

Dunno. My account currently runs out at the end of July and I'm, for the first time, considering just setting a very long skill and taking a long break. I haven't logged in aside from skill-swapping for two months now. Deep 0.0 is just not so much fun most of the time, what with POS wars and such, and I don't have the time to really invest in the game any more.

If I do continue, I'll probably work towards force recons or something else that doesn't require a large group to participate in or huge time investment to enjoy. I've already got every faction's battleship skill and weapon skills up to decent levels, so I'm getting to a point where there's severely diminishing returns on focused training, and I generally can't afford any of the new toys that progressing upwards would get me - dreads, carriers, HACs and such.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: May 30, 2007, 12:01:11 PM

Today's CCP comedy post.
They're not even trying any more.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #485 on: May 30, 2007, 12:02:50 PM

This is some great MMO retard drama.  I hope next we get video of a BoB member sitting at a workstation at CCP HQ, mashing keys and screaming "I AM A DARK GOD!" as everyone else in the game spontaneously explodes, with developers jumping up and down and cheering in the background.

I really want to hear Mahrin spin that.  It should be classioc.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #486 on: May 30, 2007, 12:03:53 PM

Today's CCP comedy post.
They're not even trying any more.

Dang, login required.  I was enjoying the popcorn.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: May 30, 2007, 12:06:36 PM

Greetings,

The so-called "POS Bowling" will from here on be considered an exploit. While it is true that this is not verifiable after the fact by way of logs, GMs are able to go ingame and monitor situations at will, and do it without anyone knowing. If we catch anyone doing this we will take the appropriate action against them. We therefore urge Titan and Mothership pilots to refrain from using their ships to bump ships out of POS forcefields, or risk facing punitive measures for exploiting.

All the best,

GM Grimmi
Lead Game Master
EVE Online Customer Support
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: May 30, 2007, 12:15:43 PM

This is some great MMO retard drama.  I hope next we get video of a BoB member sitting at a workstation at CCP HQ, mashing keys and screaming "I AM A DARK GOD!" as everyone else in the game spontaneously explodes, with developers jumping up and down and cheering in the background.

I really want to hear Mahrin spin that.  It should be classioc.

:-D

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #489 on: May 30, 2007, 12:29:40 PM

Greetings,

The so-called "POS Bowling" will from here on be considered an exploit. While it is true that this is not verifiable after the fact by way of logs, GMs are able to go ingame and monitor situations at will, and do it without anyone knowing. If we catch anyone doing this we will take the appropriate action against them. We therefore urge Titan and Mothership pilots to refrain from using their ships to bump ships out of POS forcefields, or risk facing punitive measures for exploiting.

All the best,

GM Grimmi
Lead Game Master
EVE Online Customer Support

Ah.  I saw that, was expecting something more nifty than a blurb about bumping.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: EvE Devs play with BoB. Investigation in progress....New Scandal page 9!  
Jump to: