Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:31:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: two locks in two days. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: two locks in two days.  (Read 9702 times)
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

on: August 12, 2004, 06:02:10 AM

and prepare for #3 only this time I get to earn it

1. Haemish - loosen your chinstrap, bubbie. Everybody here with a keyboard and eyeballs figured you for locking the thread. As for blaming you for stuff you aint done did, I'd like to know what you did with the Lindbergh Baby.

2. Corpnews - I've straddled the fence because I like folks on both sides, and in as 'like' a tone as I can say, Corp: stop being jackasses. Way too many "snicker snicker lookie what I done did at F13 har har" threads lately. And way too many dicks hanging out on both sites. in short: stop being jackasses everybody.

3. Bruce - its transparent what your agenda has been for the past week or so; clever, but ineffectively transparent. Stop playing both sides against the middle, please. See paragraph 2 above.

4. Einer - I disagree with Rasputin because condescending to people isn't a form of comedy. Its a form of assery. His post was funny up to the point where it became a marble statue of himself for all to gaze and admire.

5. Schild - lock away.

unbannable
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 06:30:00 AM

I'd just like to note that the experience on these forums is much different when you don't supplement them with the related IRC channels. Either that or there are some pm's floating back and forth.

Having read the two previous threads, I'm still failing to see the reason behind the drama.

1) I think every mod tends get a bug up their ass when accused of misusing their powers. It's only natural.

2) I saw it mentioned that Einer should comment, and he did. My guess is someone saw it and mentioned it to him in IRC. When he does show up, some folks here elected to bring the drama to him because he wasn't shitting flower petals and fluffy pink bunnies. The grudge about the split has caused some folks to misinterpret things that are intended for teh funny.

3) Bruce is being Bruce. This is why he ends up getting himself banned every single time this community starts a new set of forums.

4) The career of Don Rickles serves to prove your statement wrong.

5) *shrug* May as well....

Bring the noise.
Cheers..............
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 06:38:13 AM

If that was Don Rickles, then I'm Noah Webster.

unbannable
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 06:41:27 AM

Edit: Nothing to see here, move along.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 06:45:02 AM

quick, the point went thataway!

unbannable
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 07:06:06 AM

Quote from: Dark Vengeance
I'd just like to note that the experience on these forums is much different when you don't supplement them with the related IRC channels. Either that or there are some pm's floating back and forth.

I'm sure the experience is different, but I'm also sure that IRC wouldn't make the experience better.

Board drama rates up there with rubbernecking on the highway on the stupid scale.
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 07:16:32 AM

Quote from: daveNYC
Board drama rates up there with rubbernecking on the highway on the stupid scale.

Allow me to illustrate:

You start up irc and connect to a server.

/join #channel
hi guys what's up
a_person sets mode +b (your ip address)
You have been kicked from #channel (GIMP!)
You cannot join this channel (address is banned)
Rinse
Repeat

That's pretty much it.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............
ArtificialKid
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 07:24:45 AM

HEY GUYS I HEARD BUSH IS A GOOD PRESIDENT.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 08:37:15 AM

Geez, I hope my dick isn't showing again.  I hate when that happens.  

I seem to have been banned from corpnews, though I don't know why.  If they gave Boog a banstick, that would be it.  I have no trouble sneaking in to read, when I want to, but I don't post.  

Of course, none of this is the wayward point.  The only point I can see to this conversation is, stfu and be sweet, like me.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 08:53:56 AM

speaking on personal experience i haven't seen much 'drama' on either site, it may exist but its fairly behind the scenes.  All i know is that half the conversations are here and the other half are over there and the only thing that makes the sites different is to background color on the forums.  it really is just a pain in the ass the keep checking both sites for the same conversations.  both websites suffer for existing in the prescense of the other.  neither is courting a new audience or at least successfully doing so and as a result both are eating from the same pot and both are beginning to starve.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 09:14:16 AM

Arc,

Your deducative skills are failing in your old age.  Trust me, I'm not "doing" anything.  I enjoy both sites, although I get more abuse on Corpnews, and the moderators on f13 are far more reasonable.  But I'm not trying to pick sides or play sides against each-other or anything.  I'd rather there was just one site and all the fuckwits were banned from it, but I guess then a bunch of the fuckwits would then go and form there own site.  Some people on Corpnews may think f13 qualifies; some people on f13 may think the reverse.  I think there are redeeming personalities on both sites.

Beyond that, I don't know what the hell you're talking about.  I just got up.  Did something happen this morning?  Please feel free to elaborate.

Bruce
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 10:16:27 AM

I went ahead and made it 3 locks, although thankfully, only one of them was mine.

You, as in Arc, specifically made a thread calling me out, for something which I didn't even know I had the powers to do. Until said day, I'm not even sure I had the power. I mod like old people fuck; not very often and only with great effort. As for everyone figuring I locked the thread, maybe they did. I was attempting teh funney, albeit with one of this community's oldest jokes. I barely made it through the first post, because science threads generally tend to go right over my tiny little mind.

As for the Lindbergh baby, the dingo ate your baby.

I read Corpnews; I like most of the people over there, and have yet to understand why ANYONE feels the need to compete over our retarded, incestuous little community. There ain't no money in it, but for a chosen few drama queens, there sure seems to be a helluva lot of drama. My only complaint ever has been the need for some posters/powers that be at Corp (and hell, here too) to turn on Joe like he was Eldin simply because they didn't like schild. See above comments about drama queens.

Bruce makes multiple attempts weekly on both sites to turn threads from whatever subject they are on to things related to him. I think we should all take the rest of this thread to reflect on the greatness that is Bruce, and to relate our favorite Bruce stories here.

Right before we burn him in a fantastic Viking funeral pyre.

WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 10:22:07 AM

Let's forgo the stories and get straight to the funeral-

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 10:22:49 AM

Haemish,

Didn't you just post making the thread about you?

Wouldn't anyone who posts, relating a particular story or insight that is unique to their own experience, be subject to being accused of making the thread about them?

The only time I intentionally make a thread about me are when it's already there, or when it's one of those "sharing" threads where other people are also relationg personal stuff.

The problem isn't with me.  It's with you.  Your fucked-up neurons are incapable of evaluating my words solely on their own merit.  You just see the source, and your brain goes "DANGER WILL ROBINSON!  DANGER DANGER!!"

Bruce
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 10:40:27 AM

Now would be a good time to tell you what I had for lunch.  I had a Sammy Burger, which is:
1 quarter pound patty that's been cooked, then chopped up and grilled some more
upon which you put (while being grilled)
2-3 Tbs of A1 sauce
2 handfulls of chedder/jack shredded cheese mix
you put the whole mess on a 'wrap' (it's a fucking tortilla, but whatever)
then add some lettuce and tomato
wrap the whole thing up burrito style and cut in half

I had that with some fries that were straight from the hot grease.  Yum.

My drink was some Tropicana Grovestand OJ.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 10:43:53 AM

i had 2 tuna fish sandwiches, a can of C2, and a cup of "Pringles Prints"

if you dont know what pringles prints are, allow me to transcribe the one I'm about to eat:

"What color was the first smiley face circle when it appeard in the 1960s?

A: yellow"

Mmmmm salty good.

unbannable
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 11:00:00 AM

Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol
a can of C2

Any respect I once had for you is gone. You are dead to me.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 11:02:50 AM

Quote from: SirBruce
The problem isn't with me.  It's with you.

Don't ever let anyone ever tell you that you've changed one iota. Matter of fact, clock the next person that tells you that, because really, they'd be lying.

All threads are about me.

schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 11:05:39 AM

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, the invisible pirate says all retard fights are over. I'm not locking this, but let me just say:

THE AMOUNT OF STUPID IN THE LAST 4 DAYS IS UNACCEPTABLE. STOP FUCKING UP.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 11:06:18 AM

Quote from: Shockeye
Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol
a can of C2

Any respect I once had for you is gone. You are dead to me.

C2 isn't bad, that's 'cause I can't stand the diet aftertaste you get.  Of course half the calories of regular Coke is still a lot.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 11:14:37 AM

I'm having chicken enchiladas with spanish rice.  And a coke; always a coke.  Unless I'm drinking Snapple Raspberry Flavored Ice Tea.

Bruce
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: August 12, 2004, 11:15:32 AM

Greek burrito from California Tortilla.

Diet Coke.

Tostitos y queso. Muy bien, gracias, seņoritas.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #22 on: August 12, 2004, 11:25:41 AM

I'm beginning to like Diet Coke better than regular Coke. Is something wrong with me?

For lunch I'll be having whatever is the least horrible monstrosity in the cafeteria.  I really hate that our offices are out in the fucking ass end of Tucson.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #23 on: August 12, 2004, 11:34:21 AM

Turkey and Ham from Subway with Honey Mustard

and three cookies: macadamia nut, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter

To drink: Fresh brewed iced tea from Lipton

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: August 12, 2004, 12:28:31 PM

I am leaning toward Teriyaki...Yumiko's (in the Overlake area of Bellevue, if any of you are local folks) is absolutely fabulous. The only downside is it will put me into a postlunch coma.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #25 on: August 12, 2004, 12:30:51 PM

Subway 6" roasted chicken breast sandwich on garlic bread with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, olives, jalapenos and chipotle southwest sauce.

Calistoga lime essence mineral water to wash it down.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 12:34:44 PM

I'd rather be here than corpnews anyday.  Regardless of...... anything.
Selfloathing

Email
Reply #27 on: August 12, 2004, 12:37:03 PM

Hey guys how are you?
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 12, 2004, 12:41:40 PM

Locking posts is rarely a good answer to anything. Most people are perfectly capable of just not reading the posts that don't interest them.

I didn't eat today.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 12, 2004, 12:46:20 PM

Quote from: Paelos
macadamia nut

I'm jealous.  Gonna buy soma macadamia nuts and some bananas and have our grill guy make up some special pancakes tomorrow morning.
ArtificialKid
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 12, 2004, 01:33:00 PM

So I should start posting again or what?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #31 on: August 12, 2004, 01:35:26 PM

I forgot, are you more or less annoying than Triforcer?

-Rasix
ArtificialKid
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 12, 2004, 01:39:47 PM

Governor McGreevey just came out of the closet and resigned fyi.

I'm more annoying I think.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 12, 2004, 01:45:57 PM

Quote from: Rasix

Nobody is.
Oh, I forgot one person is... but this thread wasn't supposed to be about him.

Now, why don't Hrose tell us, what Lum had for dinner?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: August 12, 2004, 02:01:17 PM

Quote from: Rasix

I think he's less, but only because he isn't a lawyer or something.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: two locks in two days.  
Jump to: