Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: two locks in two days. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: two locks in two days.  (Read 9560 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: August 12, 2004, 02:01:46 PM

Quote from: Shockeye

Any respect I once had for you is gone. You are dead to me.

Hey! That's my line!  

Quote from: ArtificialKid

So I should start posting again or what?

No.

I had half a toasted dry bagel, a slice of low-fat swiss cheese and a glass of diet ginger ale.  I am diabetic.  You can all go fuck yourselves with your carby, fatty, sugary foods.  

You are ALL dead to me.  Espcially Shockeye.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: August 12, 2004, 02:02:04 PM

Hurricanes Bonnie and Charley can suck my left testicle.

That is all.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 12, 2004, 02:06:06 PM

Bonnie Prince charley returns from the grave and turns out to hate spring breakers.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #38 on: August 12, 2004, 02:11:42 PM

Quote from: Signe
Hey! That's my line!  

You are ALL dead to me.  Espcially Shockeye.

My bad. How about I do 10 Hail Signe's and 5 Our Righ's?
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #39 on: August 12, 2004, 02:31:38 PM

I don't really have much to say. I came to WT right before it fell apart. I just chose to stay at F13 because I only need one indie game site for my needs. I was fairly new, so I felt no need to etch myself into the larger "community". I'll read Corp every so often only for the comedy (Am I the only who likes Boog?).

Anyways, there needs to be another site like Waterthread, but more friendly to outsiders, attracts more people, more devs, not less, and is more about "Games" and MMO's, than it is "community". If "community" is what did this, then I say Fuck Community. The existing sites are cool and all, but they attract very little attention anymore (which is a shame).
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #40 on: August 12, 2004, 02:33:36 PM

Quote from: stray
(Am I the only who likes Boog?)

Yes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: August 12, 2004, 02:36:30 PM

Anyways, there needs to be another site like Waterthread, but more friendly to outsiders, attracts more people, more devs, not less, and is more about "Games" and MMO's, than it is "community". If "community" is what did this, then I say Fuck Community. The existing sites are cool and all, but they attract very little attention anymore (which is a shame).

I said fuck [the] community when we started.

We don't chase away new people at all. I don't think any of the users have either.

As far as more game writing/MMO information goes, you try writing something during this drought. I'll frontpage it.

edit: Grammar is hard.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #42 on: August 12, 2004, 02:52:15 PM

I said fuck community when we started.

We don't chase away new people at all. I don't think any of the users have either.

You're right. Which is another reason why I picked here instead of there.

As far as more game writing/MMO information goes, you try writing something during this drought. I'll frontpage it.

I'll pass :) There isn't even anything out worth hating, let alone getting giddy about. Maybe that's the real problem. Hopefully things change in the coming months.
TenaciousMike
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 12, 2004, 04:32:10 PM

Pastrami sub with lettuce, banana peppers, cheese, and mayo on a toasted bun.

___

Tenacious Mike
Demetra
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 12, 2004, 08:21:26 PM

Yes.

No but the rest of us won't admit it.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 13, 2004, 05:18:12 AM

Quote from: Demetra

Yes.

We have a winner!

Oh yeah... I've got new socks on.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 13, 2004, 06:09:18 AM

Quote from: daveNYC
Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol
a can of C2

C2 isn't bad, that's 'cause I can't stand the diet aftertaste you get.  Of course half the calories of regular Coke is still a lot.

Just to shatter the illusion, C2 is coke with 2X the seltza, which is why the calories are slashed - its a half cola/half fizzy water formula.

And I can't drink regular coke because its too syrupy and makes my stomach dance around the May pole. I used to cut my cola with seltzer anyway, but C2 actually comes out cheaper.

unbannable
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 13, 2004, 06:19:08 AM

a can of C2

C2 isn't bad, that's 'cause I can't stand the diet aftertaste you get.  Of course half the calories of regular Coke is still a lot.

Just to shatter the illusion, C2 is coke with 2X the seltza, which is why the calories are slashed - its a half cola/half fizzy water formula.

And I can't drink regular coke because its too syrupy and makes my stomach dance around the May pole. I used to cut my cola with seltzer anyway, but C2 actually comes out cheaper.

And if you check the ingredients, it has both high fructose corn syrup and an artificial sweetener (phenylalanine?). By cutting down on the corn syrup, they cut out a lot of carbs and calories. And yes, I noticed that it is a bit "fizzier" than regular Coca-Cola.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #48 on: August 13, 2004, 06:22:36 AM

I always wondered why it tasted like watered down Coke. I'd love to be around for that meeting.

"Guys we need to cut costs, I suggest we do a round of payroll cutting to get rid of some of the overhead glut."

"Uh, why don't we water down the product instead? We can say it has something to do with carbs! People will buy anything that's lower in carbs!"

"Brilliant!"

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 13, 2004, 06:23:05 AM

Yes.

unbannable
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 13, 2004, 06:26:10 AM

Quote from: Paelos
I always wondered why it tasted like watered down Coke. I'd love to be around for that meeting.

"Guys we need to cut costs, I suggest we do a round of payroll cutting to get rid of some of the overhead glut."

"Uh, why don't we water down the product instead? We can say it has something to do with carbs! People will buy anything that's lower in carbs!"

"Brilliant!"

"holy crap, this Atkins thing is going to kill us. I need ideas people."

"We could have Dr Atkins killed and his body stuffed with ham."

"no no, he already died and was already fat when he died. No, we need to lower the calories in Coke."

"well...we could just not put the calories in it in the first place."

"okay you're fired. anyone else?"

"The soda water we use has zero calories and zero fat - why not just cut the soda with more seltzer?"

"excellent."

unbannable
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #51 on: August 13, 2004, 06:54:02 AM

"The soda water we use has zero calories and zero fat - why not just cut the soda with more seltzer?"

"excellent."

Since when did Coca Cola get bought out by Monty Burns?

Low carb is a big thing right now, but most folks who are accustomed to regular Coke have a hard time switching to Diet. I was one of them. C2 comes out as their idea of a happy medium....fewer carbs, tastes better than Diet, and they try to cash in on the low carb craze.

But if you can get through a full 2-liter of soda in a day or so, you're talking over 1000 calories, almost pure carbs with some sodium. Even if you cut that in half, you're still talking 500 calories and a ton of carbs....so only a moron would drink this stuff with any regularity on a low carb/low calorie diet. Pepsi has a competing product, and advertises it as a "reward" item for low carb dieters...for inane tasks like successfully waking up in the morning, or assembling a sandwich.

I just went full bore and went to the diet....after a couple of weeks, you get used to the difference in taste, and there are virtually no carbs or calories (under 8 calories in a 2-liter)....though there is still a bunch of sodium. Not only do I take in fewer calories, but I find I don't drink as much soda overall....plus if you get into diet ginger ale or sprite, you can get drinkable mixes (diet cola plus booze = teh suck).

Bring the noise.
Cheers..............
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #52 on: August 13, 2004, 08:31:53 AM

If you really want something diet I'd recommend Diet RC or Diet Rite if you don't want caffeine. Both use sucralose (Splenda) instead of aspartame so it's much safer for you and won't give you headaches after drinking too much like most aspartame diet drinks do. Also, Trader Joes and larger Kroger stores carry Hansen's Diet sodas which also contain no aspartame and have different flavors such as root beer, black cherry and kiwi strawberry.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 13, 2004, 08:36:06 AM

I'm a fan of that un/lightly-sweetened ice tea.  Downsides, pricey and hard to find.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 13, 2004, 08:36:18 AM

I find Diet Vanilla Coke tastes better than C2, and no different than regular Vanilla Coke (the vanilla flavoring is a 0 calorie ingredient).

But something about C2 just sits in my stomach lighter than other colas. I find almost all canned soda to be way too syrupy - and have to buy liter bottles and mix with seltzer or uhm... other non-carbonated liquids.

unbannable
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 13, 2004, 08:37:03 AM

I'm a fan of that un/lightly-sweetened ice tea.  Downsides, pricey and hard to find.

Turkey Hill Green Tea with Honey.
Trust me and of course, you are very welcome.

unbannable
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: August 13, 2004, 08:37:06 AM

I find almost all canned soda to be way too syrupy

Pepsi makes my teeth hurt.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 13, 2004, 08:38:00 AM

Quote from: schild
I find almost all canned soda to be way too syrupy

Pepsi makes my teeth hurt.

you need a dentist - NOW.
I speak from experience.

unbannable
schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: August 13, 2004, 08:39:32 AM

you need a dentist - NOW.
I speak from experience.

I thought so too. So last time I was at the dentist I asked. No cavities or problems - just something about the fructose or somesuch. I don't drink any sugary drinks at all (except for all natural fruit juices) because of the teeth thing.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #59 on: August 13, 2004, 08:42:23 AM

Yes.

Actually, I hate Boog, but goddamn he can be funny at times. Funny goes a long way when determining if a troll is banworthy or not, IMO.

C2... /meh. I just cut out sodas almost completely years ago. Fruit juice is better for the kidneys. Even though it has about as many carbs as soda, it's all natural or mostly natural sugars, not that processed syrup shit that's in sodas.

However, anyone who still has a soda jones and disposable income should seriously consider ordering from here. I can heartily recommend all flavors, especially stranger ones like White Birch. Good, old fahsioned fountain type sodas. Get yourself a big sampler case of all different types. Glass bottles, kept really cold with this type of soda = luv.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #60 on: August 13, 2004, 09:27:10 AM

Foxon Sodas

Quote from: The Rolling Stones
My favorite flavor, cherry red

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: two locks in two days.  
Jump to: