Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:40:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Vanguard is live. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vanguard is live.  (Read 130470 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: July 07, 2012, 06:06:53 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: July 09, 2012, 08:12:17 PM

That is hilarious.  I never caught that reference. :)
schild
Administrator

Reply #352 on: July 09, 2012, 10:29:23 PM

Sigh.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: July 09, 2012, 10:38:57 PM

Is it OK to feel bad for Aradune yet?

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: July 10, 2012, 07:17:36 AM

Brad can't code worth a shit so what position did they hire him for? Do they actually have design positions for games in maintenance mode?
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #355 on: July 10, 2012, 08:15:09 AM

The guy needed a job and SOE execs needed a laugh around the water cooler.  Brad is probably giving happy hour hand jobs to the coders.

I have never played WoW.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: July 10, 2012, 08:55:12 AM

That is hilarious.  I never caught that reference. :)

Splain?

I am the .00000001428%
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #357 on: July 10, 2012, 11:04:04 AM

Oh man, how did I miss this? This. This is great.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: July 10, 2012, 12:18:47 PM

Looks like a WoW quest

Still not sure what's funny about it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #359 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:47 PM

Nothing.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: July 10, 2012, 03:33:16 PM

"This could really turn it around for Vanguard!" and its variations has been a catchphrase for every stupid thing Sigil/Sony has done to that game for years.  I think it originated on Fires of Heaven, but I've seen it on other MMO forums. 

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: July 10, 2012, 04:32:23 PM

Yeah, it was a thread title on Fires of Heaven, with an entirely genuine OP suggesting that a performance-improving patch a few months after release was going to be the thing to make it a success.  Somehow this birthed a catchphrase.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: August 13, 2012, 09:03:10 AM

So, I tried this out last night as f2p.  First thought was "My God, this looks bad."  I know its an older game and the character models were ok but the rest looked very dated, even with every graphics setting maxed out.  Maybe playing TSW with all its DX11 features slanted my view.  Combat seems to be slow and awkward.  Reminded me of LOTRO in that way.  Crafting is...interesting.  Its farily deep but theres way too many steps invloved.  I wanted to make a goblin necromancer but goblins are one of the races that are restricted up to lvl 20 for f2p players so I settled on some sort of human warrior.  Only certain classes and races are available for free, which is ok IMO since you can play all the restricted ones up to 20 to see if they're something you would want to spend some money on.  Theres an in game store that you can use soe donkey dollars to purchase races, classes, bags, mounts etc.  Not sure what each costs in real money since I couldn't be bothered to do the math.  Anyway, this might breath some life into the game but I don't think its going to bring in huge amounts of PAYING players.  Its too dated, both graphically and its game play.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: August 13, 2012, 09:58:03 AM

So, I tried this out last night as f2p.  First thought was "My God, this looks bad."  I know its an older game and the character models were ok but the rest looked very dated, even with every graphics setting maxed out.  Maybe playing TSW with all its DX11 features slanted my view.  Combat seems to be slow and awkward.  Reminded me of LOTRO in that way.  Crafting is...interesting.  Its farily deep but theres way too many steps invloved.  I wanted to make a goblin necromancer but goblins are one of the races that are restricted up to lvl 20 for f2p players so I settled on some sort of human warrior.  Only certain classes and races are available for free, which is ok IMO since you can play all the restricted ones up to 20 to see if they're something you would want to spend some money on.  Theres an in game store that you can use soe donkey dollars to purchase races, classes, bags, mounts etc.  Not sure what each costs in real money since I couldn't be bothered to do the math.  Anyway, this might breath some life into the game but I don't think its going to bring in huge amounts of PAYING players.  Its too dated, both graphically and its game play.

This review made me reread this thread to see if schild said something funny in it.

Must've been the other thread.

/endnostalgia

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Vanguard is live.  
Jump to: