Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: is there a decent melee class that doesn't require re-active style combat? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: is there a decent melee class that doesn't require re-active style combat?  (Read 3015 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

on: January 21, 2007, 07:02:40 AM

I'm talking about those rogue dagger styles that I liked but unfortunately can't time well due to latency issues (I play from Asia)
So I'm looking for a melee class that I can just dish out the pain at close range without requiring me to do positional input or precise timing.
Any vets with ideas here?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:29:21 AM

I would look at the DPS fighter classes rather than rogues: monk, bruiser, or berserker. They can lay out a lot of damage.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 10:46:29 AM

Soloing a zerk is pretty easy. Fighting is straight up. The only positioning you ever have to do as a zerk is have to mobs in an arc in front of you - which is where they should be anyway so your rogue buddy can flank.  Monks are good for soloing because you will realistically never die due to feign death, but death in EQ2 is nothing anyway.

I have never played WoW.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 03:17:13 PM

ALright thanks I guess I'll make a monk! :)

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 09:09:46 AM

Shadowknights can feign, too. Sweet, lovely feign.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: is there a decent melee class that doesn't require re-active style combat?  
Jump to: