Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: If Like playing Scrapper in CoH, what class would fit me in EQ2? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Like playing Scrapper in CoH, what class would fit me in EQ2?  (Read 5293 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

on: January 18, 2007, 08:12:39 PM

Hi, my CoH sub just ended and I wanted to take advantage in the Play the Fae trial to see if it appeals, but not sure which class would fit me.
Any vets can give some tips?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 08:25:00 PM

I'd say monk.  Solid solo melee class.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 11:10:32 PM

What type of class did you enjoy the most in CoH?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 11:16:09 PM

Check the thread title. 

This helpful tip brought to you by the letter B and the number 6.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 03:47:30 AM

Never mind
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 06:04:42 AM by rk47 »

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 06:08:08 AM

Check the thread title. 

This helpful tip brought to you by the letter B and the number 6.

Yeah thanks, meant more along the fact that did he play with broadsword/katana or unarmed/dark melee/martial arts? 
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 06:10:58 AM

Dark melee / DA although my friend just told me the trial only lets me choose Fae :( So maybe I'll again.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 06:51:21 AM

Not sure what the restrictions are on the play for fae trial.  Other races can start from Faydwer (dwarf, wood elf, high elf, gnome), but not sure what the trial allows. While the fae are visually appealing and their racial traits (fae glide, fae jump) are nice, I couldn't really come to play one too much myself.  Not enough testosterone for me.  I see alot of people running around with illusions on now (colletion quest illusions), but they made it so that even the illusions have wings (ogres with  little gay wings).   

As for classes - you are again restricted to only "good" classes. Most similar to the dark melee unarmed type (if that's what you prefer) is in fact the Monk.  Pretty good tank in a pinch, and great soloer.  Consider a swashbucker for higher melee DPS, a little more fragile, but higher DPS and bad-ass AoEs.  If you group a little more, consider Dirge and Troubador. Dirge being a little more solo friendly.  Stay away from Rangers, as they are very similar to the blaster archetype - only about 1/4 of their skills are melee.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 08:28:45 AM

Since it seems you are restricted to good races/classes (?), my suggestion is probably useless...but I enjoyed my shadowknight solo up through level 30.
Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 08:54:57 AM

The trial should only restrict you to Fae for your first character.   Once you've logged one of those in, it works just like Trial of the Isle in that you can make anything you like as a second.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 11:52:29 AM

You bastard, Hartsman! Where were you when I did the trial!? I'm stuck with my 40 Fae Warden now!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 04:27:42 AM

Play the Fae.

Admit it Hart, you guys are trying to be faggoty on purpose.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 04:45:13 AM

Depends if you like scrappers most for high damage potential, soloability, or small group tanking.

Your basic options are Monk, Brusier, Ranger, Swashbuckler, maybe Brigand. Monks and Brusiers are your basic avoidance tanks but with decent dps and great soloing (though you should probably play a different game if you really want to solo most of the time). Ranger has the highest dps with decent soloing; swashbuckler has great dps, decent soloing, poor tanking, some added debuff utility; brigand has good dps, decent soloing, poor tanking, but great debuff utility and the ability to knockdown your own group members for shits and giggles. All the classes listed above are desirable general-xp-group classes, all of them except monks and brusiers are desirable raid-group classes.

Swashbucklers and Brigands always appear to be having more fun than people playing other classes.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: If Like playing Scrapper in CoH, what class would fit me in EQ2?  
Jump to: