Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: V dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: V dead  (Read 10594 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

on: January 18, 2007, 02:23:18 PM

Announcement.

Quote from: Light Darkness, pompous ass
There are good times, there are bad times, there are beginnings and what every beginning brings along with itself is allready the end.

We started once out of Stain Allaince with 600 men and women trying our luck in eve and not long after that finding our home in the Great Wildlands.

From that point on we found many friends and made even more enemies, There where up´s and down´s, Regions we claimed and lost. Empires we saw rising and falling.

And now the time has come for us to say "good bye".

There might be people who can not admit the facts but unlike them we dont live in the past or shiny old days, we know we have to go on and face the future in our beloved eve.

From this point on we want to thank everyone that fought on our side and helped us to achive our goals and brought us closer to our dreams
You will be never forgotten and so is Veritas Immortalis.

Veritas Immortalis will ever stay in my dreams...

Best Regards
/LD
*ex-V-President*
*ex-V-Fleet Command*

Took RAGOON long enough to mop up these incompetents.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:24:49 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Fucking clownshoes.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yoru

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 02:26:28 PM

Moved out of the private forum; poster error. Oops.  embarassed
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:00:54 PM

Who ever said you couldn't lose at MMOGs.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 04:14:31 PM

I take it there is some sort of story here?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 04:18:32 PM

I take it there is some sort of story here?

We were in -V- (Veritas Immortalis) up until August/September, but we left/were thrown out because of fees increasing tenfold, permanent gate-camping with required attendance and such.

Up to you if you interpret this as us knowing when to get out or if we were too incompetent even for a losing 0.0 alliance ;).
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 06:40:42 PM

From this point on we want to thank everyone that fought on our side and helped us to achive our goals and brought us closer to our dreams

Seriously, who the fuck talks like that?
Yoru

Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 06:44:05 PM

Light Darkness - pompous ass. Just like I said in my quote="<author>"  line.

His screaming decrees combined with broken English made the Alliance mailbox a lot of "fun".

"REGROUP NOW! YOU MUST BE ON THE OPS! GET ON THE OPS! EVERYONE ON OPS! REGROUP! OPS! OPS!"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 06:45:45 PM

I'm having unpleasant flashbacks to Travian.  My desire to try Eve has lessened.   undecided
Yoru

Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 07:02:26 PM

I'm having unpleasant flashbacks to Travian.  My desire to try Eve has lessened.   undecided

It's only like that if you join up with the wrong group of players. The F13 group is very much not that "hardcore". Which is why we live where there are gate guns instead of out in the middle of catassplayer-controlled space.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 07:05:15 PM

So...does this mean I could perhaps pay RAGOON a fee for station access for a day? Still have stuff down there I'd like to pull out....

They can't trash my private hanger, can they?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 07:05:42 PM

I think he's scandinavian of some kind.  There are lots of Eve players who aren't native english speakers.  
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 07:12:06 PM

I think he's scandinavian of some kind.  There are lots of Eve players who aren't native english speakers.  

It wasn't his English that was the problem.  The probliem was him talking about how an alliance in an online game will ever stay in his dreams.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 08:40:26 PM

From this point on we want to thank everyone that fought on our side and helped us to achieve our goals and brought us closer to our dreams

Just about every 0.0 alliance in game? :) The Corp/Alliance board on EVE-O is basically nothing but posts like that, followed by 50 posts in agreement that can be summed up with "Yea!". "Hell Yea!" and "w00t!". If it isn't a post like that, it's a crappy attempt at a flame and/or a total lack of comprehension at sarcasm. Most of these people take themselves WAY to seriously about this game. The random quotes from war stories/poems can get really bad too.

The only other kind of posts you'll find on the Corp/Alliance board is the random alt leaking (mis)information or the "Rawr shooty shooty pew pew cupcakes lawl!" thread.

Add to that the already mentioned abundance of English as a second language mingled with cultural gaps... EVE-O Forums is a mindnumbing experience... and we haven't even touched the actual RP boards yet  undecided

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 09:07:18 PM

Just about every 0.0 alliance in game? :) The Corp/Alliance board on EVE-O is basically nothing but posts like that, followed by 50 posts in agreement that can be summed up with "Yea!". "Hell Yea!" and "w00t!". If it isn't a post like that, it's a crappy attempt at a flame and/or a total lack of comprehension at sarcasm. Most of these people take themselves WAY to seriously about this game. The random quotes from war stories/poems can get really bad too.

The only other kind of posts you'll find on the Corp/Alliance board is the random alt leaking (mis)information or the "Rawr shooty shooty pew pew cupcakes lawl!" thread.

Add to that the already mentioned abundance of English as a second language mingled with cultural gaps... EVE-O Forums is a mindnumbing experience... and we haven't even touched the actual RP boards yet  undecided

See, now you guys trying to get others here at f13 to try out EVE might want to keep this kind of shit under wraps.  I had the apparently mistaken impression that a niche game like this might have a somewhat more mature player base compared to other MMO's.  I won't make that mistake again.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 09:10:57 PM

See, now you guys trying to get others here at f13 to try out EVE might want to keep this kind of shit under wraps.  I had the apparently mistaken impression that a niche game like this might have a somewhat more mature player base compared to other MMO's.  I won't make that mistake again.

The playerbase certainly believes itself more mature, does that help?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 09:13:04 PM

The official forums are a pretty desolate wasteland. Everyone I've ever bothered to chat with in-game has been a notch above players in other online games, even the pirates. I'm not very social though, so maybe I've been lucky.
Yoru

Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 10:03:30 PM

So...does this mean I could perhaps pay RAGOON a fee for station access for a day? Still have stuff down there I'd like to pull out....

I have some friends in RAGOON. We may be able to work something out. I'll talk to them. Evemail me the system/station details.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 10:16:51 PM

The official forums are a pretty desolate wasteland. Everyone I've ever bothered to chat with in-game has been a notch above players in other online games, even the pirates. I'm not very social though, so maybe I've been lucky.

Every time I start to think the Eve forums are going to crap, I wander over to WoW General.

It's like burning yourself on the stove and then throwing a pot of boiling water on your face for the sake of comparison.  Hello Kitty
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 12:31:27 AM

Quote from: Light Darkness, pompous ass
There are good times, there are bad times, there are beginnings and what every beginning brings along with itself is allready the end.

We started once out of Stain Allaince with 600 men and women trying our luck in eve and not long after that finding our home in the Great Wildlands.

From that point on we found many friends and made even more enemies, There where up´s and down´s, Regions we claimed and lost. Empires we saw rising and falling.

And now the time has come for us to say "good bye".

There might be people who can not admit the facts but unlike them we dont live in the past or shiny old days, we know we have to go on and face the future in our beloved eve.

Best Regards
/LD
*ex-V-President*
*ex-V-Fleet Command*

Yeah!

Hell Yeah!

Lawl.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 07:59:14 AM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 05:55:16 AM

Ingame conversations tend to be intelligent and even helpful in EVE, in my experience.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 06:41:50 AM

I have some friends in RAGOON. We may be able to work something out. I'll talk to them. Evemail me the system/station details.

If that doesnt work, we go Goon bashing every so often...maybe you could hop in gang and we'll clear a path for ya? :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 08:59:39 AM

I hope LD and the rest of the V command don't come near my (new, IAC) allience. First time I was in a fleet with him was a fleet going up the pipe to clear the N-Rael gate. I've never PvP'd before in my Eve life and he says "you're the frigate, that makes you the scout". Eeek. Fortunaly, we got to N-Rael to see absoulty nothing, and then spent 30 minutes totally failing to camp the NPC stations in Kockoada(?)  because none of the genuises had brought anything smaller than a battleship. At that point the server went down for the night and I got stuck on the wrong side of the gate for a day. Ugh.

I used to be angry at RA for killing me severel times around JLO and 1V, but I've gotter over it. I'm bitter at LD for not securing the stations from roaming RA gangs, and when he DID orgaizne a fleet, it was either to camp a gate for 120 HOURS (and STILL let RA carriers walk around refueling POS's) or camp an NPC station and forget to bring anyone who could stop a dreadnought from undocking and leaving without a problem.

Still, being in an allience that couldn't secure it's home system tought me somewhat about avoding the roaming gank squads of Allience Space. And I do still have about 1/2 the gear I picked up from ratting in 0.0 space for 2 months, that is allowing me to sustain a new life in 0.0 in Catch instead. So it was nice to be in a 0.0 allience, just not the -V- one. I'm having more fun in IAC at any rate.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:09:31 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 01:43:28 PM

"REGROUP NOW! YOU MUST BE ON THE OPS! GET ON THE OPS! EVERYONE ON OPS! REGROUP! OPS! OPS!"

"THAT'S A FUCKING 50 DKP MINUS!"
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 03:30:19 PM

If that doesnt work, we go Goon bashing every so often...maybe you could hop in gang and we'll clear a path for ya? :)

Conquerable stations, so unless he has positive standings he wouldn't be able to dock.
Yoru

Reply #25 on: January 19, 2007, 03:39:47 PM

I wouldn't be docking; they'd be hauling the stuff to lowsec/empire and item-exchange contracting it to me or Straz.

Haven't gotten Straz's details yet, though.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007, 03:44:46 PM

If you train up the correct market/trade skills you can just sneak into the system/region and sell your stuff remotely on the market. 
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 03:58:19 PM

Well, the biggest thing I have down there is my fully-equipped Ferox....how would it be possible to get That back, as you have to strip-down the shit to repackage and haul it?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 19, 2007, 04:03:57 PM

You might be able to remotely create a contract for it. 
Yoru

Reply #29 on: January 19, 2007, 06:07:11 PM

Well, the biggest thing I have down there is my fully-equipped Ferox....how would it be possible to get That back, as you have to strip-down the shit to repackage and haul it?

You should be able to remotely (from anywhere) create an item-exchange contract, send it over to someone in RAGOON, have them fly it up the pipe and then item-exchange it back to you.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 08:26:37 AM

Holy changing allies Batman. Some of the  old -V- guys have joined the Drunkswarm of RA-IAC-TCF-GOON to make a reborn Curse Allience and now attacking thier old LV allies.

WHich makes me on the same side as Light Darkness again, I think(?). Ugh, I'll have to avoid any allience ops with him in charge, though the CA is more on the eastern LV front, though it's nice to see Princess running around. So that I think makes every allience LV had in the Colation vs RA now working with RA vs LV? With LV's other minor meatshields surrendering to TCF, looks like the only thing that will keep LV alive is a BoB attack on the Drunkswam flank. Which will provoke D2 to attack BoB's flank from the north, unless AAA steps in...

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 08:29:19 AM

That whole CA thing is silly.
IF anyone was to recreate it, it would have to be BoB. Luckily, they aren't that stupid.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 01:59:04 AM

Speaking about LV vs everyone else in the south that isn't BoB: Rumours are beginning to surface that RA/Goons/IAC/et al put a LV Capital Ship Array thingy into reinforced....which is a Bad Thing for LV, if true.

Hope they didn't need whatever was being built there.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 08:49:24 AM

Or those 60 POSs that RaGoons blew up yesterday.  tongue
Yoru

Reply #34 on: February 09, 2007, 09:19:19 AM

Speaking about LV vs everyone else in the south that isn't BoB: Rumours are beginning to surface that RA/Goons/IAC/et al put a LV Capital Ship Array thingy into reinforced....which is a Bad Thing for LV, if true.

Hope they didn't need whatever was being built there.

They did. Heard it from the office Goons just before departing last night; their coalition put a bunch of POSes in 3 systems into reinforced, including the LV capship yards. Last night was supposed to be a big attack on the yards to destroy/steal 'em.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: V dead  
Jump to: