Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Neophyte looking for some pointers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Neophyte looking for some pointers  (Read 2674 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: December 13, 2006, 11:38:20 AM

I've always been a fan of the Batman (the animated series) style art. Any comics done in that style?

*Thanks Triforcer
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:20:09 PM by Furiously »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:43:50 AM

Most anything by Mike Mignola is somewhat similar in style if not tone. See his Hellboy mini-series for that.

Or if you want Batman, there have been 2 recent mini-series by Matt Wagner in a similar vein. Batman and the Monster Men was the first and Batman and the Mad Monk is the one currently going on.

Invincible is a good series with a very illustrative style of artwork. Any of the Kevin Smith/Phil Hester Green Arrow books have a similar style and good story. Scott McDaniel is someone with a similar style and he's currently doing the Green Arrow series.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 04:58:27 PM

I've always been a fan of the Batman (the animated series) style art. Any comics done in that style?

It's "neophyte". 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Neophyte looking for some pointers  
Jump to: