Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Anyone else with a paladin... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else with a paladin...  (Read 15980 times)
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 06:19:42 PM

I agree. I often make mistakes when respeccing, mostly because I get the icons in Assassination confused. Silly me.

I learned the hard way by having to respec. Twice. In a row. Don't mix respecs and alcohol kiddies. Bad things happen.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 14, 2006, 02:29:22 AM

While we're moaning, I think that the talent respec costs too damn much and gets too much too quickly and takes forever to go down, if at all.

My lvl 50 lock who I've only respecced once went to do it last night to get the felbuddy, only to find it was 10 gold already.  That I don't understand...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 03:34:42 AM

There's a bug that's not widely known and mostly ignored.

When they refund everyone's talent points it counts as a respec as far as future respec costs :(

On the bright side gold scales such in TBC that it'll be easy to raise 50g.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 05:18:42 AM

There's a bug that's not widely known and mostly ignored.

When they refund everyone's talent points it counts as a respec as far as future respec costs :(

On the bright side gold scales such in TBC that it'll be easy to raise 50g.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to the inflation. Fucking respecs. It would cost me in the realm of 300+ gold to try out the builds I have in mind to test. I cannot afford that and it pisses me off.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 07:57:29 AM

I'm anal enough to have the prepared tree in front of me on whatever website and either tab out or look over on another screen to put the points exactly.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 14, 2006, 10:20:15 AM

While it is not the most obvious solutiuon (blizzard should PROVIDE THE OPTION as part of the Talent UI), there are a few UI mods floating around that cover the range from basic "do you really want to put a talent point there" confirmation boxes, to a full out talent calculator overlay / planning sheet placed ontop of the normal Talent Interface.

I want the overlay idea.  That's what I meant.

Yeah, as Bhodi points out, you can do it like he does.  Laziness gets me everytime though. 

I do have to look at the full spread of talents before I recognize where I've gone wrong, thus the issue.  Just confirming each choice would still get me everytime.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 14, 2006, 03:09:54 PM

Yeah. I'm looking forward to the inflation. Fucking respecs. It would cost me in the realm of 300+ gold to try out the builds I have in mind to test. I cannot afford that and it pisses me off.

Thats what the PTR is for. Transfer your character over. Fuck with specs until you run out of gold.  Then repeat if you still need to.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 15, 2006, 06:18:19 AM

I'm anal enough to have the prepared tree in front of me on whatever website and either tab out or look over on another screen to put the points exactly.

Me too.

But it still fucks me over when I play with the new spec for five minutes and find out it sucks balls.

See :  Felguard.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #43 on: December 15, 2006, 07:51:44 AM

All these damn respecs are going to break me because you don't get the gold you spent on rank 2, 3, 4 and 5 of mind flay, et al, back.

To me, that is a bug on the same order as the fact that you get bumped to the next respec cost tier by them.

Witty banter not included.
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 15, 2006, 08:20:46 AM

Me too.

But it still fucks me over when I play with the new spec for five minutes and find out it sucks balls.

See :  Felguard.

I can live through stunlocks with a felguard out.  I can't without soul link.  I think its got its ups.

Then again the last time I went one on one with a rogue right as he died I ate a PoM AP Pyro  rolleyes
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 15, 2006, 08:22:38 AM

Thats what the PTR is for. Transfer your character over. Fuck with specs until you run out of gold.  Then repeat if you still need to.

dont have the hd space for the ptr. or the effort. also, harder to test specs when i dont do my usual raids and pvp.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #46 on: December 15, 2006, 10:23:14 AM

Respecs wouldn't be so bad if they would actually put in a "confirm" button on your total respec before your talents took effect. I know many people have simply put in the wrong ones before.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 15, 2006, 11:46:46 AM

All these damn respecs are going to break me because you don't get the gold you spent on rank 2, 3, 4 and 5 of mind flay, et al, back.

I think my top rank of Mind Flay or Vamp Touch was like... 20s? I agree it'd be nice to keep a record of your highest trained talent ability, but they're already pretty steeply discounted. Also, not having to get the book for Prayer of Spirit at all is very convenient.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Anyone else with a paladin...  
Jump to: