Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:28:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Sweet Mother Of God, I'm in hell 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweet Mother Of God, I'm in hell  (Read 7387 times)
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 04, 2004, 06:28:51 AM

And aside from "THIS HAS TO BE A BLOCKBUSTER" movies like Spiderman, etc... Man on Fire was the best movie I've seen this year.

I dunno about that, but I admit I really liked Man on Fire.  It had enough grit to it to make it feel more real, insead of the more "cartoony" Once Upon a Time in Mexico (which sucked ass, btw, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it).  I think the main fault is that the plot suffered from typical Hollywood "one man takes over the world" syndrome.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 04, 2004, 01:00:04 PM

Saw Man on Fire a few days ago at the cheap theater.  I was pretty happily surprised.  Worth WAY more than the $2.00 I spent for my wife and I to see it.  Very well done movie with only some questionable scenes with HEAVY cutting/stuttering for little gain IMO.

Overall very worthwile film in which I though Denzel Washington did an excellent job.  I am not an acting critic by any means, but I really like both denzel and Christopher Walkin in this movie.  Good script too.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #37 on: August 04, 2004, 03:22:42 PM

Oddly enough, Man on Fire is another remake too (Scott Glenn movie from the 80's), but unlike Candidate, the original really, really sucked (pretty brutal though). I guess I should see what they've changed here too.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 05, 2004, 07:28:49 AM

Didn't know it was a remake (Man on Fire).  But this one gets pretty brutal as well.  It fits with the characters and their motivations though.
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 09, 2004, 02:50:29 PM

Quote from: Murgos
Manchurian Candidate was excellent.

Did we see the same movie? I thought it was boring, unlikely and lacking in spirit. Deffinatly one of the worst movies I've seen this year.

Wiiiiii!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Sweet Mother Of God, I'm in hell  
Jump to: