Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue 8 is Live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issue 8 is Live  (Read 46214 times)
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #175 on: January 18, 2007, 06:14:25 PM

Magpie Mouse on Virtue?

Think I've heard of you.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #176 on: January 18, 2007, 07:29:20 PM

Maybe somebody nice will give us a sticky for global handles.  Maybe it'll be Trippy!

Wait!  Where is Trippy?  He's always here and now he's not.  I get nervous when he's not here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:30:51 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #177 on: January 18, 2007, 07:35:52 PM

Maybe somebody nice will give us a sticky for global handles.  Maybe it'll be Trippy!

Wait!  Where is Trippy?  He's always here and now he's not.  I get nervous when he's not here.
I'm here, don't worry.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #178 on: January 18, 2007, 08:33:36 PM

DaZog
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: January 18, 2007, 11:59:06 PM

Might have Llava. I -thnk- I've seen Contempt once in Sirens.

I don't PvP that much anymore. Most of the folks I was with there left a long time ago, and I respecced Magpie out of Leadership, so
she's not the stalker hunter she was before. About the only zone she's good for now is RV  rolleyes (Nelson: hah hah!)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #180 on: January 19, 2007, 03:31:12 AM

My villians are all on Virtue, too.  I want to get al least one villian to 30.  I' way too lazy these days.

Llava
Contributor

Reply #181 on: January 19, 2007, 08:25:05 AM

I think I've seen you only once or twice in game, but you're fairly popular on the Virtue official forum.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: January 19, 2007, 09:23:23 AM

Might have Llava. I -thnk- I've seen Contempt once in Sirens.

I don't PvP that much anymore. Most of the folks I was with there left a long time ago, and I respecced Magpie out of Leadership, so
she's not the stalker hunter she was before. About the only zone she's good for now is RV  rolleyes (Nelson: hah hah!)

I think I've seen you both one or twice.  I don't play a lot lately, but when I do I play on Virtue on one of my eleventy bajillion alts. Global @Gothika.

Over and out.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #183 on: January 19, 2007, 12:32:23 PM

So is the rumor on the invention system that it's in for I9 still?

I am trying to convince my weekly game group that they should give CoH/CoV a shot.  I figure that with a dedicated group, it'd be almost perfect as far as advancement speed and whatnot is concerned.  ETA - I think that stuff like inventions and bases may sway them is why I'm asking, basically.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: January 19, 2007, 06:01:11 PM

So is the rumor on the invention system that it's in for I9 still?

I am trying to convince my weekly game group that they should give CoH/CoV a shot.  I figure that with a dedicated group, it'd be almost perfect as far as advancement speed and whatnot is concerned.  ETA - I think that stuff like inventions and bases may sway them is why I'm asking, basically.
Currently, yes, inventions are in for I9. All reports are that it'll be an all-new system using all-new drops so everybody starts off even.

Also, there's a patch on test that drastically scales back base rent. Your smallest plot is free, and that's probably all you're going to need if you're planning on making one night a CoH night.

--GF
Llava
Contributor

Reply #185 on: January 19, 2007, 08:51:30 PM

CoV also works very well as a weekly game. That's how I'm playing it now. Two nights a week with my supergroup friends.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #186 on: January 19, 2007, 09:13:28 PM

Eh, does CoX even do server transfers? No one here seems to play on Freedom.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #187 on: January 19, 2007, 09:17:40 PM

You can transfer US -> EU but not any other combination. Which is weird because they've had the infrastructure in place to support server transfers for as long as the Test server has been around.
DaZog
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: January 20, 2007, 08:51:03 AM

I think I've seen you only once or twice in game, but you're fairly popular on the Virtue official forum.

Yeah.. it's funny.

I'm not a hardcore poster or anything. And I can get irritable there  rolleyes

I guess I'm lucky to have been playing since nearly the beginning on Virtue and hung out with all the long-time players.

Also helps that Magpie is sickeningly cute and has a stuttering tic :p
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #189 on: January 21, 2007, 09:33:35 PM

You can transfer US -> EU but not any other combination. Which is weird because they've had the infrastructure in place to support server transfers for as long as the Test server has been around.

You may not be able to transfer US - EU anymore - I think they announced they were finishing up that service.

As for server transfers, I believe that is more of an NCsoft barrier than an actually code barrier.

Strazos

Reply #190 on: January 22, 2007, 12:59:33 PM

So uh....no one plays on Freedom, right?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #191 on: January 22, 2007, 01:18:48 PM

I remember there were a few people who mentioned Freedom here but I don't remember how long ago.  There isn't a huge amount of us who still play.  Almost all our f13 MMO days have been put in the Good Ole Days catagory right now.  We mostly seem to be all talk and no action these days.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #192 on: January 22, 2007, 01:56:32 PM

I still play Freedom once in a while with my heroes, Big Gulp and Commander Slack used to play on there too...not sure who else used to play on Freedom.  One nice thing is Freedom is usually full of people, so getting pick up groups is pretty easy at all hours of the day and night.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #193 on: January 22, 2007, 09:17:12 PM

It looks like my weekly gaming group is going to be moving to CoH...I just have to convince 'em that server choice is so crucial that I should be teh one to pick.....

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: January 23, 2007, 08:55:43 AM

We mostly seem to be all talk and no action these days.

The f13 crowd seems to spend a lot more time and energy "critically evaluating" MMOG's than they actually do playing them. I remember playing with some of these folks in EQ2 and they all vanished within a couple of weeks. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #195 on: January 23, 2007, 09:03:42 AM

I was there long enough to boot everyone else out of the guild.  Err.  I mean long enough to watch Lt.Dan boot everyone else out of the guild.  :-D

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #196 on: January 23, 2007, 09:07:24 AM

The f13 crowd seems to spend a lot more time and energy "critically evaluating" MMOG's than they actually do playing them. I remember playing with some of these folks in EQ2 and they all vanished within a couple of weeks. 
Lots of time to sit around at work posting, not alot of time to play games. I think we got an f13 group together once while I was in BC there :) Using the bank to trade stuff was handy, though. I didn't even group once last time I played CoV...now git off mah lawn!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: January 23, 2007, 09:11:15 AM

Hell... even when people were playing the guild chat was as idle as IRC. 

A bunch of anti-social gaming geeks the lot of you. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #198 on: January 23, 2007, 10:43:08 AM

Slack you all going to play Hero's or Villian's this time?  I think the old super group is still around that your dark/dark scrapper was in, heck Big Gulps guild is there too.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #199 on: January 23, 2007, 12:22:58 PM

Heroes, apparently.  That was an easier sell. 

We basically got tired of DDO, especially when we didn't have everyone able to make it -- once you get past a certain level, it's just impossible to do runs without a healer or tank. 

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #200 on: January 23, 2007, 12:40:10 PM

I don't think its that.  Even if there are 2 dozen of us in the guild, it won't last.  We all have different schedules.  We all play at different rates.  What are the odds that we'd have have enough people with similar levels and prerequisite classes needed to form a group.  Even when we tried set a time to get together, it just felt like work.

I have always wonder about a game that was purely guild advancement. No matter what your schedule your could jump in and work with the guild.  Too many individual objectives get in the way of what should be the goal of playing a fun game with friends.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: January 23, 2007, 12:44:55 PM

It was more than that... even when there were like 12 people on in EQ2 the guild chat was dead silent.  I wonder if most people here are really just single player gamers that play mmogs so they can legitimize their complaints.  The social stuff is what I enjoy most about mmogs.  I've always called them irc/aim with graphics.

-  Mark Twain
Strazos

Reply #202 on: January 23, 2007, 01:46:22 PM

Heroes, apparently.  That was an easier sell. 

We basically got tired of DDO, especially when we didn't have everyone able to make it -- once you get past a certain level, it's just impossible to do runs without a healer or tank. 

Hey, if you happen to convince them all to roll heroes on Freedom, look me up. I have plenty of characters on the server and would be happy to help fill out a nice group with whatever you need. I might not be able to make your schedule all the time, but I'd be willing to try.

Fear the Backstab!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #203 on: January 23, 2007, 02:55:03 PM

Wow, all of my characters are on Victory.  That's odd.

Are most people who play from here now on Freedom?

ETA -- Just rolled up a newbie on Freedom -- Kinetics/Archery defender (don't ask I was fooling with powersets).  I named him The Contrarion, just so my battle cry could be "O RLY?"  Ah, it's good to be resubbed to CoH.   :-D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:20:51 PM by CmdrSlack »

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #204 on: January 23, 2007, 04:50:40 PM

Most of mine are still on Victory but right now I'm playing on Virtue. 

Strazos

Reply #205 on: January 23, 2007, 04:56:04 PM

Look me up, my global name is Starzos (yeah I misspelled it and I'm unable to change it  undecided).

Fear the Backstab!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #206 on: January 23, 2007, 04:57:06 PM

Will do!  I need to figure out all kinds of CoHey stuff that I never learned like global chat and whatnot.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #207 on: January 24, 2007, 09:08:06 AM

It was more than that... even when there were like 12 people on in EQ2 the guild chat was dead silent.  I wonder if most people here are really just single player gamers that play mmogs so they can legitimize their complaints.  The social stuff is what I enjoy most about mmogs.  I've always called them irc/aim with graphics.
I don't mind playing multiplayer, but I don't like to chat while I'm playing. Ok, I don't really like to chat. It's not that I'm antisocial, I just don't care for it, especially in the very limited time I have to play games. As I've said, if it weren't for a web-friendly workplace, I would post here maybe twice a week. I'd rather be doing things than talking about things. Doesn't have anything to do with single player gaming, imo.

Slack: yea, you were on Victory ;) Barrister, iirc. I'm inactive now, but my heroes were on Victory and villains on Virtue.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #208 on: January 27, 2007, 02:07:59 PM

I've got about 80 alts on victory, including Rang Rang, the golden farmer and my own version of Deadpool, 'cause hey, it's Deadpool.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #209 on: January 27, 2007, 06:58:45 PM

including Rang Rang

If you're ever playing him, let me know, my archery/devices blaster, Dr. Engrish could use the like-named partner.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Issue 8 is Live  
Jump to: