Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:10:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Schilling's Green Monster Games 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Schilling's Green Monster Games  (Read 635996 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #70 on: December 07, 2006, 01:48:08 PM

That press release made me choke on registration marks.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 07, 2006, 06:45:25 PM

Agreedtm
Blackguard
Developers

38 Studios

Reply #72 on: December 15, 2006, 07:53:41 AM

That press release made me choke on registration marks.
Believe me, we wouldn't put them there if we didn't have to. :P

Ryan "Blackguard" Shwayder
Game Designer at 38 Studios
Custodian of the Nerfbat
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #73 on: December 15, 2006, 07:57:51 AM

What, a blanket "All copyrights are owned by their respective companies" disclaimer at the bottom doesn't work?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #74 on: December 15, 2006, 09:43:54 AM

No, it unfortunately doesn't. Lawyers get bitchy about that sort of thing. Probably because it takes time and money to research and register a mark or trademark.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #75 on: December 15, 2006, 09:49:16 AM

GMG has given me a little hope.

Just make it fun is all I ask, and with PVP :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
gehrig38
Developers

Green Monster Games

Reply #76 on: February 06, 2007, 08:49:56 PM

I am not a PVP fan, but PVP represents a passionate hard core group of players so we'll not only have it but it will be a thoroughly fleshed out and meaningful system. Not to mention fun as hell (or as fun as ganking other people can be!)

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: February 06, 2007, 09:08:53 PM

I am not a PVP fan, but PVP represents a passionate hard core group of players so we'll not only have it but it will be a thoroughly fleshed out and meaningful system. Not to mention fun as hell (or as fun as ganking other people can be!)

Hiya doin', Curt!
schild
Administrator

Reply #78 on: February 06, 2007, 10:04:33 PM

Little early to be making anything vaguely resembling a promise. :)
Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 07, 2007, 08:09:46 AM

Careful Curt (if you are him, which you probably are):

There Be Misanthropes Here!

What can I say about F13?  It's really my favorite website in the entire universe!  I love the irreverent banter and sly wit these keyboard jockeys produce.  And I especially love the staff, they're AWESOME.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #80 on: February 07, 2007, 08:15:24 AM

I am not a PVP fan

Now I'm waiting for Sinij or Slayerik to come along and scream "BUT BAESBALL IS PVP YUO PUSSY!!1!" at him.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: February 07, 2007, 08:34:58 AM

Anyone really think Curt would ressurrect a two-month old thread here instead of spamming IGN et al to try and capture the niave?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #82 on: February 07, 2007, 09:24:29 AM

Anyone really think Curt would ressurrect a two-month old thread here instead of spamming IGN et al to try and capture the niave?

Apparently the person who red-named him would, at the very least.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #83 on: February 07, 2007, 09:35:49 AM

Apparently the person who red-named him would, at the very least.

truth FTW
Meghan
Developers

Turbine

Reply #84 on: February 07, 2007, 10:53:54 AM

Well, better to be the ganker than the gankee, I suppose. :D

-Meghan
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: February 07, 2007, 11:04:12 AM

Well, better to be the ganker than the gankee, I suppose. :D

-Meghan

I that like it's better to be the pitcher then the catcher?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 07, 2007, 11:30:24 AM

Hrm, didn't see the red name thing. Not as obvious on the forum style I use (I use the one with the white background). I r dum. I assume that's confirmed, as they don't just hand out red names around here :)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #87 on: February 07, 2007, 12:26:56 PM

Hrm, didn't see the red name thing. Not as obvious on the forum style I use (I use the one with the white background). I r dum. I assume that's confirmed, as they don't just hand out red names around here :)

It wasn't red when you posted.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 07, 2007, 12:54:35 PM

Welcome to our newbie Dev posters!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #89 on: February 07, 2007, 01:23:19 PM

Well I guess we know who the next vanguard will be.

"Me am play gods"
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: February 07, 2007, 02:40:15 PM

I am genuinely curious. Curt Schilling is a smart guy, I don't think he suffers fools gladly or would put up with low quality. On the other hand, the team of Schilling / McFarlane / Drizzt author (forgot name) has no experience in software at all. I'd be interested in hearing what their approach is going to be - get some industry vets to run the day to day operations? Who is going to be making decisions about schedule, technology, etc?

Also Curt isn't retiring from baseball just yet. I imagine he'll be more of a vision guy than a nuts and bolts guy. Hard to see how you can balance travelling half the year, but he did do some wargaming stuff before while pitching so guess he found a way.

I live in the Boston area, thinking of applying when a little more info is out and jobs are available. Certainly would be interesting. Does being a Yankees fan automatically disqualify me?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Meghan
Developers

Turbine

Reply #91 on: February 07, 2007, 02:58:43 PM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #92 on: February 07, 2007, 03:02:25 PM

I am genuinely curious. Curt Schilling is a smart guy, I don't think he suffers fools gladly or would put up with low quality. On the other hand, the team of Schilling / McFarlane / Drizzt author (forgot name) has no experience in software at all. I'd be interested in hearing what their approach is going to be - get some industry vets to run the day to day operations? Who is going to be making decisions about schedule, technology, etc?

Also Curt isn't retiring from baseball just yet. I imagine he'll be more of a vision guy than a nuts and bolts guy. Hard to see how you can balance travelling half the year, but he did do some wargaming stuff before while pitching so guess he found a way.

I live in the Boston area, thinking of applying when a little more info is out and jobs are available. Certainly would be interesting. Does being a Yankees fan automatically disqualify me?

IIRC he answered a lot of this stuff on the FOH site back when this was announced and they had a thread.  If he or one of the other RNs don't return you might want to brave that particular hive of scum and villany.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
turrican
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: February 07, 2007, 03:35:39 PM

Hrmmm...

Curt SHILL-ing...?
schild
Administrator

Reply #94 on: February 07, 2007, 03:36:14 PM

That was weak. But I guess the joke had to be made sometime.
turrican
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: February 07, 2007, 03:38:16 PM

That was weak. But I guess the joke had to be made sometime.

I actually decided to finally register just so we could get it out of the way(!)
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: February 07, 2007, 04:25:04 PM

Yea, I'm also worried about that part. In their respective fields their among the top, so hopefuly they'l attract the right people, which they already seem to have to some extent. With the current line up I don't think they will have problems geting financial backing. What's left though, if I haven't missed that part, is a game designer with a vision.
WayAbvPar

Reply #97 on: February 07, 2007, 04:42:04 PM

Does being a Yankees fan automatically disqualify me?

Unless you grew up within 50 miles of NYC, it should disqualify you from life for being a frontrunning bandwagon douchebag  evil evil evil

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: February 07, 2007, 05:10:17 PM

I grew up in NYS. And I'm not really a huge fan of the current Yankees, more from Mattingly to 99 or so.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #99 on: February 07, 2007, 05:49:53 PM

What's left though, if I haven't missed that part, is a game designer with a vision.
Moorgard is supposed to be that guy.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #100 on: February 07, 2007, 05:55:00 PM

Turrican!  I used to play you on the Amiga.  I think you're still in the back of the cupboard. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Moorgard
Developers

38 Studios

Reply #101 on: February 07, 2007, 08:48:02 PM

Moorgard is supposed to be that guy.

Oh hell.

Steve Danuser
Creative Director
38 Studios
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: February 07, 2007, 09:02:32 PM

EOF seems well-received.

GMG peeps coming out of the woodwork!

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #103 on: February 08, 2007, 07:28:15 AM

Hopes that Salvatore will turn up so I can tell him how much I hate his fans?  Renewed!

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: February 08, 2007, 08:26:46 AM

He killed Chewie! Actually I think Drizzit or whatever might have been the bigger offense.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Schilling's Green Monster Games  
Jump to: