Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:18:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Say, that alternate version of Deathstroke seems familiar from somewhere.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Say, that alternate version of Deathstroke seems familiar from somewhere....  (Read 3933 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

on: October 26, 2006, 10:46:32 AM

And so it goes full circle.
(Linking to Scans Daily as I'm too lazy to host myself).

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 12:33:58 PM

15 years later, DC thinks of a comeback.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 12:59:39 PM

Yup, even his blathering sounds the same. Uncanny.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 04:34:04 PM

And it looks like they're turning Alan Scott into Nick Fury with this week's 52.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 08:16:45 AM

Sort of, but if you've been reading Checkmate, you know it doesn't last.

Llava
Contributor

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 09:54:38 AM

I haven't been, but eyepatch guy at the head of a shadowy government organization designed to oversee the actions of super-powered people... a bell is rung.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 10:05:12 AM

There's more to it than that. He was hardly the leader. He had a vote among the council of royalty. Fury was much more autonomous.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 12:30:20 PM

That was cute.

What's with Aeon Wonder Fluxing Woman being an assassin?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:53:55 PM

That's SuperWoman. She's an alternate universe version of Wonder Woman from the Cime Syndicate named Superwoman - she's actually that world's Lois Lane.

I finally read the annual and it was fucking hysterical. I always hated Deadpool because he doesn't fit the MU to me, but he fit this story perfectly.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 04:47:16 PM

I don't get it.

The scan was pretty damned funny, however.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 04:38:13 AM

Yeah, I don't really know what you guys are talking about, but "You got katana in my medulla oblongata!" was some funny shit.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 04:47:05 AM

I'm gonna go up to Atomic tomorrow to get this, some japanese movies and that Zombie thing. I might get the HATE trade if it's there too.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 09:21:27 AM

You mean Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.?

There a trade for that out already?  We're only on issue 8 or 9.  With the series closing out at twelve seems like they should just wait and collect the whole thing.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 07:03:31 PM

You mean Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.?

There a trade for that out already?  We're only on issue 8 or 9.  With the series closing out at twelve seems like they should just wait and collect the whole thing.

There's a HC out for the first six issues.  I just assumed he was referring to HATE by Peter Bagge which is available in various trades.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 08:09:40 AM

I just assumed he was referring to HATE by Peter Bagge which is available in various trades.

And is funny as fuck.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Say, that alternate version of Deathstroke seems familiar from somewhere....  
Jump to: