Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:43:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3400258 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37100 on: November 30, 2017, 08:25:53 AM

Around here it tends to be shitty 90s modern rock.

That sounds to me like you live in the whitest place on Earth.  why so serious?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #37101 on: November 30, 2017, 08:35:08 AM

He's damn close to Vermont, IIRC, so possibly so for the East coast.

Have a court date: Dec 8th. Woo!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37102 on: November 30, 2017, 01:32:24 PM

This part of PA is very white but close enough to Philadelphia that I can keep in touch with someone else's roots.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37103 on: November 30, 2017, 02:39:15 PM

Seems like I missed out on what was apparently a global phenomenon of grabbing tits.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #37104 on: November 30, 2017, 03:04:06 PM

Not knowing that showing my dick at any time and anywhere was the key to getting laid, I feel like I was cheated out of a lot of sex during my high school, college and early work years.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #37105 on: November 30, 2017, 03:22:05 PM

Well, yeah.  Might as well also say, "every day".  I said somewhere here that I feel cheated that I didn't get my creepy-rapey card when I turned 16.   Fuck these guys.  All of them. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37106 on: November 30, 2017, 03:47:25 PM

After conversing with my wife, we agreed that the only person who likes dick pics is the guy taking the pic.  But we are old now, and possibly wrong.

Regrets, right? Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #37107 on: November 30, 2017, 05:29:25 PM

I've had requests.

Dating in the 201Xs is weird.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #37108 on: November 30, 2017, 08:04:08 PM

I've had requests.

Yes it is.

I'm just glad that I'm old enough that the moms' kids are out of the house now.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37109 on: December 01, 2017, 06:24:14 AM

Is this how it was in the last days of ancient Rome?  Without slaves and with internet?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #37110 on: December 01, 2017, 07:57:38 AM

Dick pics were a lot hard to pull off.  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37111 on: December 01, 2017, 08:13:55 AM

On the other hand, marble is awesome.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #37112 on: December 01, 2017, 11:15:57 AM

I've had requests.

From real life women or from internet women?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37113 on: December 01, 2017, 02:53:02 PM

Seems like our accountant messed up both times she did our taxes. Just got another huge bill. YAY.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #37114 on: December 02, 2017, 02:51:25 PM

I just dumped $1940 into my wife's minivan, so I am right there with ya.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #37115 on: December 02, 2017, 11:35:44 PM

Been slowly getting back into whitewater kayaking after rotator cuff surgery a few years ago.  Tomorrow is my first class III+ run wish me luck.  It is a run I used to do in my sleep but I am a bit gripped.

down just shy of 70 pounds since last December... shit ok so that is a year... 70 pounds in a year? dunno I guess that is good, not amazing, but fuck I am happy....

Eat Less
Drink Less
Eat Healthy
Move More

Needless to say rolling a kayak is a fuckload easier minus the weight.  Amazing what happens in your life when you ditch gaming  why so serious?

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #37116 on: December 03, 2017, 12:48:33 PM

Any tips for flu / flu like symptoms?

Headache, nose clogged, joints hurt (quite badly)

Right now I am on tea and ibuprofen

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #37117 on: December 03, 2017, 12:51:49 PM

Any tips for flu / flu like symptoms?

Headache, nose clogged, joints hurt (quite badly)

Right now I am on tea and ibuprofen

Tea and ibuprofen are a good start. I had the same thing last week. Stay warm, stay hydrated and try to sleep as much as you can.

If your throat hurts, hot water, honey and lemon juice can be mixed up quickly and will soothe you enough to get back to sleep.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #37118 on: December 03, 2017, 01:11:44 PM

If your throat hurts, hot water, honey and lemon juice can be mixed up quickly and will soothe you enough to get back to sleep.
Especially when added to rum. If symptoms persist, add more rum until they ease.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #37119 on: December 03, 2017, 03:18:20 PM

Especially when added to rum. If symptoms persist, add more rum until they ease.
--Dave
Dave almost has it right. Whiskey added to honey lemon tea, when it gets cool add more honey lemon tea, when it gets down to half a cup add more whiskey. Repeat until you feel better or fall asleep.
For a cough do the same thing alternating with small glasses of jagermeister from the freezer.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #37120 on: December 03, 2017, 05:00:18 PM

The whiskey hot water lemon and honey thing is for reals.

The thing I also always advocate is to send somebody out and get you a cheap humidifier (NOT vaporizer -- totally different thing). Set it up next to your bed/sofa and let it blow on you as you sleep. Really helps your sinus drainage, and in a good way.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37121 on: December 03, 2017, 05:00:34 PM

Seems like our accountant messed up both times she did our taxes. Just got another huge bill. YAY.

Yeah unless she's a family friend or you didn't tell her something, she needs to be fired.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #37122 on: December 04, 2017, 05:21:20 AM

Thanks. I avoided the alcohol, my circulatory system seems taxed enough. Even sitting is a bit much.

Been at the doctor, got acetylcysteine to clear the mucus and paracetamol for the pain. And a nose spray.

Also shopped ginger-orange tea and honey.

Interestingly, when looking on Wikipedia for the English translation of acetylcysteine (it's the same), found this:

A systematic review from 2015, and several earlier medical reviews, indicated that there is favorable evidence for N-acetylcysteine efficacy in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, specific drug addictions (cocaine), and a certain form of epilepsy (progressive

So this stuff not only fixes your cough, but also your depression. A wonderdrug. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37123 on: December 04, 2017, 09:24:44 AM

Yeah unless she's a family friend or you didn't tell her something, she needs to be fired.

Yah, she's not getting any repeat business. She's also losing my inlaws business over this as well.  I just hope she didn't fuck up the 2016 return, but I'm not holding my breath.

On a good note, it was just a confusing letter from the IRS not an additional cash grab. Apparently she had us send our payment to the wrong place, so now we have to show the IRS we already paid the them back when they originally asked for it.  Facepalm

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #37124 on: December 04, 2017, 09:41:17 AM

I appear to be coming down with the flu too. Freezing cold despite being wrapped up in coats and inside, and my whole body hurts. I have vacation days scheduled for Wed-Fri so I just have to get through another day and a half, but I'm not looking forward to spendinv the days all in bed.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #37125 on: December 04, 2017, 10:22:03 AM

I've had requests.

From real life women or from internet women?

I can verify at least one was a RL woman.

Whee, flu season and I forgot to get a shot. Damnit.

WayAbvPar

Reply #37126 on: December 04, 2017, 10:50:58 AM

Never too late for a flu shot. Season lasts just short of forever, seemingly.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #37127 on: December 04, 2017, 11:06:28 AM

I was reading this morning that doctors say the flu shot is going to less effective this season for some reason. I'm sure the ultimate blame goes to Republicans though.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37128 on: December 04, 2017, 11:24:02 AM

It's definitely going around, can hear them in the library already. Luckily, I've only gotten it once in the 17 years I've been here (I don't get the shot).
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #37129 on: December 04, 2017, 12:26:33 PM

I was reading this morning that doctors say the flu shot is going to less effective this season for some reason. I'm sure the ultimate blame goes to Republicans though.

It's always a crap shoot. There's so many strains, they pick the most common few and create the shot around that. This means it leaves open the probability of another strain taking-hold instead. Must be what's happening.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37130 on: December 04, 2017, 12:40:31 PM

Yah, she's not getting any repeat business. She's also losing my inlaws business over this as well.  I just hope she didn't fuck up the 2016 return, but I'm not holding my breath.

On a good note, it was just a confusing letter from the IRS not an additional cash grab. Apparently she had us send our payment to the wrong place, so now we have to show the IRS we already paid the them back when they originally asked for it.  Facepalm

That's quite amazing on her part, since there's really only five places you can send the IRS money, and they release a handy-dandy thing that tells your entire fucking state where to send the money. https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals-filing-form-1040
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:42:22 PM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #37131 on: December 04, 2017, 03:38:25 PM

This day has been excruciatingly long and it's still not over.

The husband went back at 8:30am.  They actually started surgery at 10am.  The valve replacement began around noon.  It's now 5:30 and he's still not out.  Last update I got around 4pm was that they were checking to make sure there wasn't any random bleeding from anywhere before closing him up.  It's just been a long day.  Now that I'm back on the laptop, maybe I'll log back into the VPN and do some more work. 

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37132 on: December 04, 2017, 03:42:44 PM

Hang in there!
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #37133 on: December 05, 2017, 03:06:29 AM

*hugs* Hope all went fine and you two are getting some well earned sleep with a silly smile of relief on your faces.  Heart

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #37134 on: December 05, 2017, 06:46:05 AM

So the doctor came out a bit after 6pm to say they were finished finally.  The good news is he didn't have to replace/patch as much of the aorta as they initially thought, along with doing the valve.  They used wire and plates to close up his ribs and he's going to have one hell of a scar, but that's not a big deal.

I didn't get into to see him in the ICU until 8pm and it took a while for the sedative to wear off and him starting to wake up.  The nurses pulled his breathing tube about 11pm and put him on a breathing mask, so I at least got to say hi before I had to leave.  I didn't get home until 1am, so I'm a bit tired at work this morning.  My mom was going to see him this morning and I'm leaving work a bit early to see him this afternoon.  He called me before I left for work because they already have him up and out of bed, sitting in a chair, so that's got to be good.  Sounded groggy and said he felt like he'd been hit by a truck, which I expected.

Anyways, the really hard part is over, now to the longer hard part of recovery. :) 

Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: