Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Powerful class? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Powerful class?  (Read 2356 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: September 16, 2006, 03:10:37 PM

I started as a Loremaster, got to level  7, and I'm not much enjoying my toon.  It just doesn't work the way I want to play. (I don't care for dying much).

I'm looking for a class that I can solo efficiently, since people don't seem to be grouping much.  So now I'm trying hunter (Gidget).

Is there a better - for me that means, faster to level and get through the quests - class to try?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 04:23:57 PM

Guardian and champion seem ok.  I've died rarely, even when doing quests my level.  It's a nice change not to have to wait until the quest is so far beneath your level that you get nearly nothing for it.  Some epic ones you seem to need a group for, you can't kill things fast enough to meet the quest requirements.  I did one with Trippy but most of the other's I still have.  Like level 10 and the like... I'm level 17.  I hate that.   

I didn't enjoy Loremaster either.  Not a bit.  No one I've chatted has liked it as much as the others, either. 

I still want to be a dorf with a beard and boobs.   undecided

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 05:08:11 PM

I played Captain in Alpha 2 (was really short test so I didn't get very far), Minstrel in Alpha 3, and Guardian at the moment.

Minstrel was like "easy mode" compared to Captain at the early levels because the the Minstrel songs do so much damage compared to the low level weapons. I also didn't like how the Captain banners were only available after you've killed something. In other words you enter a battle weak and potentially get stronger which is opposite from how it things usually work. They supposedly messed around the Captain skills for beta so they may be better than they were in A2. For Minstrels as you get higher only being able to wear light armor makes it more difficult to solo though it's still possible. My Minstrel is level 22 doing about 98% soloing.

Now if Minstrel felt like easy mode compared to a Captain, Guardian feels like easier mode compared to a Minstrel. I'm only 14 at the moment on my Guardian but it's been even easier than my Minstrel. I don't kill quite as quick but I still do good damage and I use less power to kill (Minstrel songs drain power fast!) and wearing medium armor (we get to wear heavy at 20 I believe) makes a big difference in survivalability (I still haven't died yet). And Guardians get AE melee attacks which is one of the weakness of the Minstrel (strong against single targets, bad against groups).

Still haven't tried Champion, Loremaster or Hunter yet.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 09:03:53 AM

Loremasters are teh sux. They really need some love to make them even close to soloable.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Powerful class?  
Jump to: