Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: E3 to small fry: Buzz Off 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E3 to small fry: Buzz Off  (Read 5321 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: August 09, 2006, 10:16:04 AM

E3 to small fry: Buzz Off

Amusingly related to the interview series I'm conducting, this newsbit from GameDaily reprints a letter from E3 to smaller exhibitors - the sort of cool, wacky exhibitors you got to see down in Kentia Hall.

Here's a salient quote: "As the industry has evolved and matured over the past 12 years, the needs of the exhibitors and key attendees have also changed."

Translating that from polite-speak, it's more along the lines of "Hey, little guy, you're not welcome here."

Hopefully someone (e.g. IGF) can take them in and produce a large-scale national festival for white-cloth booths and independent exhibitors.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 11:05:34 AM

That's exactly why I groaned at the E3 revamp news. I know it's all a big bloated sack of sad but it was a showcase for smaller games I'd not hear of otherwise. EA and Ubisoft don't need the exposure and I knew exactly why they were shifting things around when it was announced: fuck you, little guys.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 10:00:55 PM

"Fine, I'm going to go start my own game exhibition.  With blackjack.  And hookers.  In fact, forget the blackjack."

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:59:48 PM

"Fine, I'm going to go start my own game exhibition.  With blackjack.  And hookers.  In fact, forget the blackjack."

If it's a game exhibition with hookers, how is that any different from E3?

You should lose the game exhibition part, too.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 11:20:57 PM

Seriously man, the 'small fry' should pool their resources, book the convention at an expo-friendly hotel chain down the road from the 'improved' E3, and hire twice the booth babes. That'll show the big cats what's really bringing in the customers.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: E3 to small fry: Buzz Off  
Jump to: