Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:45:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: First useless post 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First useless post  (Read 7405 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: August 08, 2006, 06:04:18 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 06:06:14 PM

Please tell me your display settings are cranked way down. Please.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 06:09:16 PM

Your momma is cranked way down.

1600x1200x32, LOTRO windowed.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yoru

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 06:10:27 PM

I meant your LOTRO display settings.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 06:21:35 PM

The Option button didn't do anything, the one at the end of char gen.  I'll dingle with it later tonight.

Yoru

Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 06:23:08 PM

I'm guessing Turbine turned anything potentially troublesome off for the alpha (e.g. advanced graphical effects) then. Completely permissible.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 06:31:04 PM

Yeah, the char gen portion was, uninspiring to say the least.

The game actually looks pretty good running around outside Archet and Bree though.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 09:00:49 PM

Once I got into the real game and the real Options screen, just going from "medium" to "very high" made a huge difference, adding bloom, even.

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 12:33:41 AM

But then going from mission instance to newbie town made another huge difference - from 20 to 0.2 fps.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 08:19:53 AM

Fortunately, my rig can handle the Very High setting in normal (non-busy) conditions, but there was a definite tradeoff during travel with stuttering and trees popping into existance.  I might play with the video settings later and see if there is some optimal setting.  I personally don't need shadows or bloom.  Or lens flare, but hey, options are good.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 07:12:02 AM

I'm on very high, too.  It looks nice.  I found that you can make your UI movable by pressing ctrl + \ at the same time.  Thank God.  It's a toggle, btw.  Does anyone know if you lose your xp for your crafting profession if you switch? 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 07:20:40 AM

I've found that on my PC, I need to keep the graphics settings at LOW or VERY LOW to maintain what I consider to be an acceptable constant framerate.  I can get away with cranking it up higher, but if I go anywhere near a town then my FPS drops dramatically.

rig's basic stats:

P4 3.52 GHz Prescott
Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB)
1 GB RAM
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 07:35:47 AM

Hey you, Dingbot!  I think anyone can invite to the guild and if not... someone needs to promote everyone to invitation status.  Or I'll be off the the Pink Alpha Fairies!   tongue

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 07:44:54 AM

Also, since crafting tools of any sort are RIDICUOSLY expensive right now, I've decided to choose a profession that doesn't take any tools for, at least, some of it, just so I can sell stuff until I can afford tools.  Like armourer because hides are just a looting thing.  Maybe.  I THINK I'm not being stupid but I could be wrong.  Someone tell me what to do.

Server is back online, btw.

Not armourer, it's "explorer" if you want to be a resource gatherer.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 08:00:44 AM by Signe »

WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 08:52:04 AM

What are the crafting resources? Anything that drops off the animals? I can start hoarding stuff for ya if you need.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 09:45:25 AM

What are the crafting resources? Anything that drops off the animals? I can start hoarding stuff for ya if you need.

There are nodes for ore and wood that are available in the post-intro area.  A mining pick costs 16 silver.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 10:12:46 AM

hides drop off of animals but I've not noticed them being any less random when you have explorer or armourer when you learn those professions.  Which sort of sucks.  I thought it would be a good way to make some dosh and then switch professions to something more interesting.  Oh well. 

Also, if everyone in our guild is hand-pickled from f13, why is everyone not promoted to the level where they can invite other members?  Is there a reason or is it just an oversight? 

I meant hand-picked, not pickled.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 11:51:19 AM by Signe »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 10:26:12 AM

Is there a reason or is it just an oversight? 

It's either an oversight or Rasix hates you.  He's the Kinship Patriarch, you know.

OR OR OR you have to use the slash command instead of the GUI.  Not sure what that is.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 11:38:51 AM

Also, if everyone in our guild is hand-pickled from f13, why is everyone not promoted to the level where they can invite other members?  Is there a reason or is it just an oversight? 

I just promoted everyone initially to make sure we had people on at all times that could invite.  I kind of forgot that officers can't promote. 

So, oversight/laziness.  I'll bump everyone up next time I'm on.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 11:46:11 AM

Righ had the permissions to invite me.  I don't think Rasix hates me!  He just knows I'll abuse any power I get.  Why do you think I booted everyone from Bat Country in EQ2?  Oh, how I giggled! 

He is a clever, though cranky, patriarch. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: First useless post  
Jump to: