Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:16:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Iron Lore looking for lead programmer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iron Lore looking for lead programmer  (Read 12294 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: August 02, 2006, 11:35:08 AM

I assume everyone here can make up their own jokes.
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/jobs_display.php?job_id=11105

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 11:37:46 AM

I assume everyone here can make up their own jokes.

There are three interviews, each with decreasing levels of resistance.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 12:02:05 PM

It begs the question... did the old lead programmer quit, was he fired due to the nasty bugs, or did they just not have a lead programmer before?

While I haven't had any problems with the game, aside from graphics lag near dungeon entrances.... lots of other people have had serious game-breaking ones, and the 2 patches to date have not exactly been paragons of stability.  Two steps forward, one step back has been the rule, it seems.

I hope they get someone soon...

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:06:06 PM

Well, it mentions console experience and such, so this may just be for a new project.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 12:31:34 PM

This is almost undoubtedly for a new project.  They have already started shoveling dirt on TQ.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 04:08:52 PM

Well, it mentions console experience and such, so this may just be for a new project.

Perhaps.. a console port of TQ? I wouldn't be surprised. They did it for Diablo back in the day.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:25:03 PM

TQ would make a great 360 game. XBL plz.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 06:36:15 AM

No news of any expansions to this game at all?  Damn, I really thought this game could take on additional content pretty easy and it seemed like it was made that way from the start.  I don't mean the mods people will do, but actual additional content like new creatures and graphics for environments.

It is depressing to hear they might be walking away from this already.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:36:31 PM

I agree. TQ on XBL.  This game's so shiny, wish they would somehow make this a mmorpg.  Think UO but with good graphics.
I would pay hard US currency for an isometic mmorpg thats basically a modern UO.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Iron Lore looking for lead programmer  
Jump to: