Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Click your "Check For Updates" button. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Click your "Check For Updates" button.  (Read 14504 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: July 26, 2006, 09:15:53 PM

v1.11 can't be any worse.  Can it?

Heh, it totally broke my game.  Score.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 09:33:33 PM

Hey, grats.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 10:11:55 PM

Reinstall + standalone patch.  Damn Iron Lore.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 11:05:25 AM

I grabbed the 1.08 download from here and ran it before running the game at all.  The only issues I've noted are near dungeon entrances... everything gets really choppy there for some reason.  Otherwise, all is great.  No crashes, and tho the 'find the oracle' section was baffling ( I seemed to have no active quest after talking to the guy who said to find Timlar to get a gift for the Oracle, and actually finding Timlar by just bulling my way thru seemingly random, tho very linear, countryside).

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 11:07:30 AM

I had a couple of extra instances of slowdowns after the patch last night, but nothing earthshattering. I am apparently in the minority, as I haven't had any major problems yet. Of course, I just bought it, so the early adopters did a lot of the troubleshooting for me =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:12:18 AM

I had a couple of extra instances of slowdowns after the patch last night, but nothing earthshattering. I am apparently in the minority, as I haven't had any major problems yet. Of course, I just bought it, so the early adopters did a lot of the troubleshooting for me =)
So 1.10, or whatever, was fine for you?  Yegolev mentioned it killing the game, had to re-install.  Any chance we can get new patch hosted here?

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:17:18 PM

So 1.10, or whatever, was fine for you?  Yegolev mentioned it killing the game, had to re-install.  Any chance we can get new patch hosted here?

--
Alkiera

Don't think he was alone on that issue judging by their forums, seems only fix is just to reinstall over the old version and the get the 1.0 to 1.11 patch.  I personally had no problems clicking the update button to go from 1.08 to 1.11 though.  Getting same slowdown around cave exits but hell I always got that, runs fine everywhere else so far. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 01:59:39 PM

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 11:23:21 PM

1-08-1.11 from the website, minor slowdowns around caves. No other issues here.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 04:55:07 AM

1-08-1.11 from the website, minor slowdowns around caves. No other issues here.

Yeah, and I think the slowdown is less than it was before the patch.  It's still noticable, but it's no longer quite as bad all the time.

--
Alkiera

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 06:46:55 AM

Wierd, after the patch I can't join any online games.  I can host them, but not join them...going to go looking for a fix to that, since I have some things I want to swap around.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 08:28:34 AM

Wierd, after the patch I can't join any online games.  I can host them, but not join them...going to go looking for a fix to that, since I have some things I want to swap around.

Several people were complaining about this in the forums related to this patch.  Not sure if it affects everyone or not, but some people definately aren't able to connect to multiplayer games anymore.

--
Alkiera

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Click your "Check For Updates" button.  
Jump to: