Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:54:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: TMNT trailer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TMNT trailer  (Read 5356 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: July 21, 2006, 12:04:19 PM

Available here and it looks ok so far, but then I was a big fan of both the comics, the cartoons, and the first movie back in my younger days.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 01:10:30 PM

Pretty. I hope they actually follow the original comics and not the cartoons and other movies.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 02:38:40 PM

You know, I know I should be jaded and turned off and all, but :  That was Awesome.

Sorry.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 03:10:47 PM

Pretty. I hope they actually follow the original comics and not the cartoons and other movies.

Well they're already using the color scheme from the cartoons, and they've said there will be some references to the cartoons and movies, similar to how Superman Returns takes place after the first two Superman movies without bringing up past continuity too much.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 03:20:22 PM

Well they're already using the color scheme from the cartoons, and they've said there will be some references to the cartoons and movies, similar to how Superman Returns takes place after the first two Superman movies without bringing up past continuity too much.

That, actually, sounds okay to me.  The last thing we need is ANOTHER version of their insane origin story.

As long as they don't, y'know, use their magic lamp to travel back in time again or anything.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 03:35:46 PM

That, actually, sounds okay to me.  The last thing we need is ANOTHER version of their insane origin story.

As long as they don't, y'know, use their magic lamp to travel back in time again or anything.

You can read more about it here.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 03:55:47 PM

Wow, fourth grade flashbacks.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 04:02:43 PM

Where's April?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 04:03:43 AM

Supposedly she is in there.  With Casey Jones as a potential love interest.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 04:27:06 AM

Hmmm, they already did that with the live action one.  Worked quite well, as I remember.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 05:16:04 PM

Well, i tired to find the article it was from (My google-fu was unworthy, it was from a summary of the TMNT pannel at some recent industry convention) but the speaker had mentioned that the new movie is essentially a spiritual successor to the first 2?  Assurances were given that no Vanilla Ice like shit would go down, Shredder is NOT the new villian, and the 3rd movie might be mentioned, but kind of like a very passing side note for some kind of continuity sake.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 06:43:37 PM

Well, i tired to find the article it was from (My google-fu was unworthy, it was from a summary of the TMNT pannel at some recent industry convention) but the speaker had mentioned that the new movie is essentially a spiritual successor to the first 2?  Assurances were given that no Vanilla Ice like shit would go down, Shredder is NOT the new villian, and the 3rd movie might be mentioned, but kind of like a very passing side note for some kind of continuity sake.

I think you are talking about the San-Diego Comic-Con panel.  You pretty much nailed the basics though.  It's not a straight comic adaption (/cry), but it looks at least like Eastman and Laird will have a chance of something close to their original vision.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 10:02:06 PM

So, how long until we get a Thundercats movie?

Put Liono in a trenchcoat and take some gel out of that hair, we could have something truly artistic here!  Like another Highlander, but with a mummy!

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 12:18:26 AM

I think you are talking about the San-Diego Comic-Con panel.  You pretty much nailed the basics though.  It's not a straight comic adaption (/cry), but it looks at least like Eastman and Laird will have a chance of something close to their original vision.

It would be hard to follow the comic too closely anyway.  Shredder is killed off in the first story, then you get Baxter Stockman and the Mousers, and the TGRI aliens and Triceratons.  There aren't really a lot of story arcs in the comics that would work well as movies.  The first movie actually did a pretty good job of getting some of the key elements from the comics in there with Raph and Casey first meeting, the Foot Clan's attack at April's place and the turtles hiding out at April's place in the country afterwards.  I think it also struck a good balance between the cartoon versions of the characters and the often times more serious comic versions.  The Turtles were pretty close to their comic book counterparts, but with some cartoonish lines thrown in.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 01:56:00 AM

I agree.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 11:09:22 PM

So, how long until we get a Thundercats movie?

Put Liono in a trenchcoat and take some gel out of that hair, we could have something truly artistic here!  Like another Highlander, but with a mummy!

Out of all the cartoons I watched as a kid, I think Thundercats aged the worst.  I can still watch episodes of Transformers, GI Joe, and TMNT, but I can't take more than 2 minutes of watching Thundercats.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 09:21:20 AM

Hell, even when I was a kid watching Thundercats, I knew it was shit. It looked great, but too much Snarf and not enough gizzard-slashing with Pussy-O left me lamenting the shitty state of advertainment for toys.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: TMNT trailer  
Jump to: