Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:58:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Best PVM evar! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best PVM evar!  (Read 17818 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 08:28:02 PM

At this point I seriously think you're just trolling, but I'll bite too.

Except that he is in the UO board.  And has a point.  What sandbox games are out there?  UO, NC (I consider this relatively Sandbox, though its rough).  There is only one game that is Diku that us super casuals can play: COH. 

I dunno, I will probably never be happy.

Otherwise its RMT 4TW.  And we know how that goes around here.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 09:51:28 PM

At this point I seriously think you're just trolling, but I'll bite too.

It's not the depth of your WoW experience, it's the breadth.  You took a class to 39 that most people find boring and appeals to a slim minority, and proclaimed all nine (if my count is right) classes, all their talent builds, and both factions totally boring based on that one class.  I thought my priest was fun out of the box, same with my warrior.  I lasted all of three levels before I deleted my paladin.

It would probably also go over better if you lost the arrogance with which you all but proclaim WoW players as somehow misled as to what we really like to do.  Most of us have played UO too, you know.

Bla bla bla, play every class to 60 and there's fun in there somewhere!  I tried a warrior and a warlock, but both blew so much ass they didn't last too long.  Seriously, if I try three classes and play the one I hate least for a month, and it sucks?  Well then the game just sucks.  This "IT DOESN'T TASTE BAD YOU JUST NEED TO KEEP EATING!" routine is a laugh riot.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #37 on: August 12, 2006, 03:32:16 AM

Except that he is in the UO board.  And has a point.  What sandbox games are out there?  UO, NC (I consider this relatively Sandbox, though its rough).  There is only one game that is Diku that us super casuals can play: COH. 

Who said anything about sandbox?  What if the sand sucks?

Witty banter not included.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 07:20:08 AM

This would have been funny 3 years ago.  Swing and a miss.

3 years ago UO would have been out for what? 6 years? I could concoct up some argument about that which plays upon WUA's "39 levels" point but using the better part of a decade instead of the month it took him to get there in WoW, but I cbf'd working it out in my mind. I played UO for years, I know what it was and how it evolved for over half a decade of its life. I don't play it anymore because I've played it too much and it just doesn't thrill me enough to overcome the annoying parts. Plus WoW consumes me. I guarantee you I know way more about UO than WUA knows about WoW, hell I probably still have more hours spent in UO than he does. And yet you don't see me bashing UO all the time and proclaiming my game to be teh best everars!!1! WUA could have just left the WoW hate out of the whole "Best PVM evar!" discussion and I'd have been happy to put it down to taste, which is all it is. But no, being WUA he had to turn it into a troll and I was bored enough to bite.

Plus it's not really a miss, the fact that my argument was flawed due to not enough knowledge about the current gameplay has the nice ring of irony. Though unintended, I like it. :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 07:24:16 AM by Calantus »
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 11:30:22 AM

Tell you what dipshit, if they rip all the existing mechanics out of WoW someday and replace them with something else entirely, as is the case with UO, then I'll conceed that my observations have become invalid.  As it is, tough shit.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Best PVM evar!  
Jump to: