Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: where for is the AGC 06 threadz0r? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: where for is the AGC 06 threadz0r?  (Read 53339 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 03:27:56 PM

Real men have dicks, and balls too.

I could get a press pass, based on my writing still archived at Grim's, it doesn't actually make me any more press than you guys and your MMO fansite are.

My original question tho is whether this was gloating or actually wanting people to write "decent content" here or if it was gloating? Is this site becoming a commnuity submission "fansite", or if this place was actually putting more people on staff? It's not me taking anything you said the wrong way Schild, it's you not saying things clearly enough.
And who are you? wow 1683 posts that means you lurk forums alot, but other than that it means nada except you don't have a real life and spend all your time posting to forums.

Post counts don't exactly mean anything, but if we start comparing post counts, what's next? Us seeing who has a bigger dick? Or who can be the bigger dick?

I think you missed something at some point.  Schild has always encouraged community driven content. 

Why are you so angry?  Do you need a hug?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 04:57:48 PM

It's not me taking anything you said the wrong way Schild, it's you not saying things clearly enough.

I think he was talking to people who have been around for previous discussions of this nature.  That's why he said "you know the drill".  If you do not in fact know the drill, you can safely assume he wasn't talking to you in the first place.

PS: You're a dick.  But I'll give you a hug anyway because you do sound like you need one.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 06:01:25 PM

I think he was talking to people who have been around for previous discussions of this nature.  That's why he said "you know the drill".  If you do not in fact know the drill, you can safely assume he wasn't talking to you in the first place.

PS: You're a dick.  But I'll give you a hug anyway because you do sound like you need one.

I was responding about writing something, and the drill including a "press" title so you can get access to a game industry only thing is part of the reason why E3 is being "downsized". I may have known "the drill", but not cared about whatever "submission" thing you do here, but now that I know you let people impersonate press using community submissions I'm thinking it makes you less press, and more fansite to me. Maybe the conferences will want to know these things.

By the way, I first was asking if this was a "contest" where maybe Schild was giving away stuff, and was insulted for it. Then after one of your community members started, the mods and writers decided to join in. Maybe you should save those hugs for each other in your man love fest mentally masturbating all over the forums, posting to a forum all day, and insulting people makes you even less press, and twice as pathetic.

I'd say you all need hugs, with the way the hostility began here, but I wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea that I actually like you.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 06:04:39 PM

What the hell is wrong with you?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 06:42:02 PM

Sooooo, this is going to become a weekly thing?  Heh, Schild needs to put a FAQ up ASAP!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 07:12:58 PM

*edited*

I was going to try to explain to taolurker exactly how the "hostility" began, but if I've learned anything from the internet it's that replying to a socially retarded troll never does anyone any good.  All in favor of a split-and-den?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 07:16:26 PM

*edited*

I was going to try to explain to taolurker exactly how the "hostility" began, but if I've learned anything from the internet it's that replying to a socially retarded troll never does anyone any good.  All in favor of a split-and-den?

but I cannot post in the Den. :(  I think you are an anti-semite, sir.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 07:28:41 PM

Curses!  I've been found out!

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #43 on: August 02, 2006, 06:53:54 AM

*edited*

Did it have something to do with his opening post's first sentence being an insult based on ignorance and an inability to understand context only to be followed by his second sentence where he comes off as an arrogant, self-righteous turd who thinks he should get hundreds of dollars worth of expenses if he blesses us with one of the "articles" he pumps out?

And split and den at your own peril, as he has stated half a dozen times he has some articles at Grimwell you could find if you scour the archives, therefore he is quite clearly a powerful man and could grind you into dust if it tickles his fancy.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:55:32 AM by Miasma »
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #44 on: August 02, 2006, 06:56:11 AM

One of the problems?  it's football weekend or something that week of Sept.  Nothing is available now, and nothing was available earlier (outside the convention days).  I booked my room in June, but still had to find another hotel near the airport for the Fri night I need before catching a continental wide haul ass flight home.  Meaning: its costs dough.  Buddy of mine who's coming with registered late and had some trouble finding a room anywhere's near the convention center for those days.  So again: it costs dough.

I got nothing on life&love feeling of entitlement and the drama of foruming
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #45 on: August 02, 2006, 07:34:29 AM

Us seeing who has a bigger dick? Or who can be the bigger dick?

I'll win both of those.

Are we sending anyone to GC Leipzig?  You know, now that we've been ratted out as posers to ESA?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 08:59:59 AM

Did it have something to do with his opening post's first sentence being an insult based on ignorance and an inability to understand context only to be followed by his second sentence where he comes off as an arrogant, self-righteous turd who thinks he should get hundreds of dollars worth of expenses if he blesses us with one of the "articles" he pumps out?

Sarcastic comedy with my asking questions mentioning I "write" isn't ignorance or not understanding context, and I don't see how was it arrogant? My second post might've been, defending my forum "history" to a guy named after orange cheese, but no the attacks didn't stop there, and the staff here joined in. Yah, but I'm the one who's being arrogant.

I may have mentioned "gloating" but, other than that I was making an innocuous joke, that led to flames from all involved (myself included). I had no expectation that my writings would be accepted here, nor would I even submit something, but if you think it's self-righteous, then OK.

We could keep going on this for a long time if you really want to, but trolls who lurk under bridges do respond to attacks with attacks so maybe that would be a clue to stop doing it.

Quote from: Soln
One of the problems?  it's football weekend or something that week of Sept.  Nothing is available now, and nothing was available earlier (outside the convention days).  I booked my room in June, but still had to find another hotel near the airport for the Fri night I need before catching a continental wide haul ass flight home.  Meaning: its costs dough.  Buddy of mine who's coming with registered late and had some trouble finding a room anywhere's near the convention center for those days.  So again: it costs dough.

Yep, lots of dough... I was gonna maybe stay with relatives in Austin, if I can swing the time off of work and airfare. I'll buy you a drink, seeing as you're at least not involving yourself in attacking me for daring to post to the insular little clique here.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 02, 2006, 11:35:14 AM

Sarcasm in text is hard to recognise. Cheddar is generally a cool guy. Also, I'm hungry and could do with a slice of pizza.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #48 on: August 02, 2006, 12:50:16 PM

Schild has always encouraged community driven content. 

I think we should all come together and toilet paper Lum's house.  And then take him to a Denny's.  Or a ChuckyCheese.  To learn his sekrets.  Only kidding.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #49 on: August 02, 2006, 01:57:27 PM

Denny's? Dude, we don't want to torture the poor man.

We can at least spring for Chili's.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #50 on: August 02, 2006, 02:27:33 PM

I'll be closing on a house the week of AGC. Suffice to say you won't be coming near it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #51 on: August 02, 2006, 03:24:56 PM

I'll be closing on a house the week of AGC. Suffice to say you won't be coming near it.

So you are really a Texan now? Can I see your hat?  :-D

Grats, btw. I am in the process of finding a permanent abode, so I can understand a bit of what you have recently been through. I just don't get to do it with the giant salary a man of your stature commands  evil

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #52 on: August 24, 2006, 12:34:17 PM

This thread is WAY more cool than it has any right to bed. I salute you all.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #53 on: August 24, 2006, 12:46:23 PM

So no more taolurker?  Just Tele, then?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Blackguard
Developers

38 Studios

Reply #54 on: September 06, 2006, 08:57:40 AM

I'm in Austin now. We're gearing up to head over to AGC shortly. If you have any desire to see me on a panel or talk to me, I'll be in Room 2 on the panel for this...

Thursday, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Third Party Community Sites, What Can They Do For You?
There are hundreds of websites out there, all clamoring to deliver news and information about your game to your audience. How do you best build a relationship with them in order to publicize the core messages of your game? What do the people behind those sites need in order to better serve the community? What are PR teams doing right to build these relationships? What are they doing wrong?

Ryan "Blackguard" Shwayder
Game Designer at 38 Studios
Custodian of the Nerfbat
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #55 on: September 06, 2006, 10:22:20 AM

Haha. Nice panel. Say bad things about us.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #56 on: September 06, 2006, 01:37:02 PM

Heh. I hope Schild and the gang attend that one and attain all sort of phat lewts for us. It'll either be that or every dev house will ban our URL from all in house workstations  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 20, 2006, 07:24:42 AM

I'm in Austin now. We're gearing up to head over to AGC shortly. If you have any desire to see me on a panel or talk to me, I'll be in Room 2 on the panel for this...

Thursday, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Third Party Community Sites, What Can They Do For You?
There are hundreds of websites out there, all clamoring to deliver news and information about your game to your audience. How do you best build a relationship with them in order to publicize the core messages of your game? What do the people behind those sites need in order to better serve the community? What are PR teams doing right to build these relationships? What are they doing wrong?

Is it only me that finds it Ironic that you've only got 14 posts ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #58 on: September 20, 2006, 08:29:13 AM

I'd cut him some slack. He was probabaly barred from posting here.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 20, 2006, 08:30:54 AM

Er, Ok.  I have no idea who he is or what he does.  I just found it gigglesome.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #60 on: September 20, 2006, 08:34:46 AM

Oh, he's EQ2's 'community relations' dude. Considering what a hell hole that job must be, he did a decent job, by all accounts.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #61 on: September 20, 2006, 08:45:57 AM

Maybe he'll post more now that he has all that free time.  Maybe we can get him drunk and trick him in to posting in politics.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #62 on: September 20, 2006, 11:30:25 AM

Is it only me that finds it Ironic that you've only got 14 posts ?

He's also the one that made the comment in the panel that he expects anything put on f13 to get blasted.  I thought he always got a very good reception here due to the fact that EQ2 has improved dramatically.

Anyhow, Blackguard was one of the cooler people I met at AGC.  Very laid back, easy going individual even when I said something negative about SWG before I looked at the company name on his shirt.  The SOE guys are very honest in person about how badly they fucked up with NGE.

I don't notice a great deal of chatter from CMs here about anything but direct questions they can actually answer about their game. Those that come here at least.  I think Cal occasionally will jump in a UO topic.  I'd imagine Brenlo (nice guy too) is too fightened to come near our SWG threads.. I would be.  People here aren't exactly polite when it comes to games they've been burned by.

The nature of their jobs prevent them from interacting too freely with us, I'd imagine.  From the few community specific panels I attended at AGC, you get a feeling that they're honestly too busy to shoot the shit with us while protecting the public face they have to maintain. And some consider us too small time or too hostile to interact with.  I may (in fact I believe I'm inclined to) write an article about what I gathered from these panels but it might come off as something too blantantly obvious and not all that insightful.

-Rasix
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #63 on: September 20, 2006, 12:16:05 PM

When has being uninsightful or blatantly obvious stopped games journalism before? Do it!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #64 on: September 20, 2006, 01:00:59 PM

Please write this up.  I don't have time to be thinking about shit.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 21, 2006, 06:23:42 AM

My apologies then.  I don't play EQ2 (unless you count WoW) so I had no idea who he was.

Saying a blanket "Won't Post on F13 Because They're Mean" is a little silly.  Raph still manages to post here despite us barracking SWG at every opportunity.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #66 on: September 21, 2006, 06:47:31 AM

I may (in fact I believe I'm inclined to) write an article about what I gathered from these panels but it might come off as something too blantantly obvious and not all that insightful.

It couldn't be any more/less so than that panel was.  Do it!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: where for is the AGC 06 threadz0r?  
Jump to: