Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:45:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: where for is the AGC 06 threadz0r? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: where for is the AGC 06 threadz0r?  (Read 53461 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: July 12, 2006, 12:26:29 PM

I'm going, anyone else?
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 01:30:51 PM

I believe an elite strike team is being assembled from the corpus of F13 Ninjas.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 01:33:20 PM

By erite, we mean Yoru, Samwise and myself. I'm pretty sure one of my roommates wants to go also. If any general population wants to go, you know the drill. Write something reasonably decent. Fast.

As for the three people mentioned, we're already registered, I just keep forgetting to call the guy to ask him a couple questions.
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 06:46:58 PM

I'll be there, I'll be the overwieght white guy with glasses.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 06:50:55 PM

I'll be the guy doing drunk karaoke at the Logitech booth.  Assuming they have that again this year.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yoru

Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 08:24:45 PM

From what I've heard it is no longer an elite strike team, but more like a veritable F13 platoon of doom.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 08:49:10 PM

We're looking at Yoru, Trippy, Koboshi, Ookii, Samwise, Rasix, myself and uhhhh I think I'm forgetting somebody or 3.
Yoru

Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 11:17:52 PM

Hey Llava, get your ass down to Austin. I need a quietly lurking wingman while I aggress on random devs that are roughly four booths away.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 11:35:24 PM

Llava! There's one!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 12:38:48 PM

so, is there like an f13 booth, or barstool, or veranda or something?  Other than nametagging, not sure how to identify all the people I owe a beer to. 

Also, what's the credibility factor on the Live Pitch event? Not ready to show something,  but I was thinking for 2007.  That or, something similar at GDC.
Yoru

Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 02:21:05 PM

Some of us will be sporting distinctive headgear. I believe there may be other plans for bringing F13 branded apparel.

You can also review the E3 photos for what Schild, Llava, Ookii and I look like.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 02:42:22 PM

Some of us will be sporting distinctive headgear.

Elaborate plz.  I own all sorts of distinctive headgear, so if you're doing some sort of funny hat thing I want in.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 03:01:48 PM

I'll be the guy not wearing a hat.

-Rasix
Yoru

Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 03:42:51 PM

Some of us will be sporting distinctive headgear.

Elaborate plz.  I own all sorts of distinctive headgear, so if you're doing some sort of funny hat thing I want in.

You didn't read the thread in the sekrit forum, eh? I linked the sekrit Distinctive Headgear there. I'll bring a bunch and if some people don't want them, then I'll give the spares out to devs as a novelty item.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 04:35:41 PM

Oh, THOSE.  I'm with you now.   :-D

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 05:18:50 PM

How is AGC different from E3?

I'm not going or anything, just wondering.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 05:27:20 PM

It's smaller. And less stupid.

I can't come up with a good shirt design. I hate my brain.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 05:36:00 PM

It's smaller. And less stupid.

That's how I'd describe GDC, actually.  AGC is another order of magnitude smaller and less stupid on top of that.

Yoru

Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 06:14:25 PM

How is AGC different from E3?

<smartass>About 21 degrees Longitude</smartass>.

Basically, E3 is where you go to see booth babes and get marketing pamphlets.

GDC is where you go to hear gaming VIPs expound on Very Important and Earth-Shattering Issues and solicit resumes from just-out-of-college dev groupies.

AGC is where you go to have a beer (or twenty) with the red names, while the marketing and media folks mostly stay away. (As far as I understand, anyway).
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 09:28:30 PM

GDC is the one in the Bay Area that costs waaay too fucking much right?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 09:40:35 PM

Yes.  At least if you want to see anything cool and you can't swing a special deal.

WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 01:54:41 PM

Which is the one in Vegas? CEDS? That is the only way you could get me to a conference. Unless I suddenly become independently wealthy and retire, in which case I will travel to all of them and start up a spurious subscription charts side venture. And get a skull cane.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yoru

Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 05:04:30 PM

You mean CES, the Consumer Electronics Show? I think they used to show videogames there - back in the days of Wing Commander 1 and such - but I dunno about it these days.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 12:54:48 AM

By erite, we mean Yoru, Samwise and myself. I'm pretty sure one of my roommates wants to go also. If any general population wants to go, you know the drill. Write something reasonably decent. Fast.

So you guys are gonna give out free trips to it for forum people, or was this just so you all could gloat??

I'll write something, depending on whether this is a simply a "press" title or if it's you springing for airfare, lodging and expenses.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Yoru

Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 12:58:15 AM

We're all footing our own bills. The only thing the article gets you is admission, and I think it might be a bit late for that now.

Especially since Schild is already tearing hair out over the logistics of renting rooms and such.
schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 01:06:08 AM

I'll write something, depending on whether this is a simply a "press" title or if it's you springing for airfare, lodging and expenses.

That's rich.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #26 on: August 01, 2006, 04:55:20 AM

That's rich.

In his defense he does have a blog.  With pages and pages  and PAGES of content. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 01, 2006, 08:55:16 AM

That's rich.

In his defense he does have a blog.  With pages and pages  and PAGES of content. 

Actually, I've got over 65 articles about gaming and MMOS dating back to 1999 stored on various hard drives, that one day may get moved onto the "blog". Most of them have appeared at one or more versions of this community's forums and front pages.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: August 01, 2006, 09:40:42 AM

You mean CES, the Consumer Electronics Show?

He means the Consumer Electronics Dildo Show.  What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 01:02:02 PM

Actually, I've got over 65 articles about gaming and MMOS dating back to 1999 stored on various hard drives, that one day may get moved onto the "blog". Most of them have appeared at one or more versions of this community's forums and front pages.

Actually pages and pages and PAGES does not good content make.  Thats like looking at my postcount and assuming I am a good poster.  Which I am not.  And neither is your content.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 01:49:41 PM

That's rich.
In his defense he does have a blog. With pages and pages and PAGES of content.

I don't understand what you're getting at. Not only do you have only 25 posts here, but some of your articles are really really long and you have 535 posts at Grimwells. Why are you under even the slightest impression that we should be the ones mailing you down to AGC or even getting you a press pass? Is it supposed to be some kind of street cred thing? I'm not trying to be a wiseass, I just don't get it.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 02:41:03 PM

Like you have street cred being called a fan site? hah

I only have 25 posts here since it became F13, but also posted here when it was H2O, and also in every previous community (and every other offshoot of it).  I was a writer at more sites that Grimwell's, and also was writing about MMOS forever. That's not cred either, getting given the keys to the castle and then claiming you're a king, but I wasn't claiming credibility, I was asking why you wanted people to write decent things, fast.

I don't post as much as I used to, and when I do write things, they becomes a torrent of long text now, but you were the one saying to write something. So what was the point of that? Like I said before to gloat? or did you seriously want things written? What do you want me to write about, inherting forums because of the previous leader finally achieving a gaming industry job?

Ooo look at me I have a blog and forum, with a pre-built jaded community of gamers, that means I can get me and my ranter buddies into every game conference... UM NO..  FUCK NO!

Actually pages and pages and PAGES does not good content make.  Thats like looking at my postcount and assuming I am a good poster.  Which I am not.  And neither is your content.

And who are you? wow 1683 posts that means you lurk forums alot, but other than that it means nada except you don't have a real life and spend all your time posting to forums.

Post counts don't exactly mean anything, but if we start comparing post counts, what's next? Us seeing who has a bigger dick? Or who can be the bigger dick?

schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 02:43:26 PM

Like you have street cred being called a fan site? hah

I only have 25 posts here since it became F13, but also posted here when it was H2O, and also in every previous community (and every other offshoot of it).  I was a writer at more sites that Grimwell's, and also was writing about MMOS forever. That's not cred either, getting given the keys to the castle and then claiming you're a king, but I wasn't claiming credibility, I was asking why you wanted people to write decent things, fast.

I don't post as much as I used to, and when I do write things, they becomes a torrent of long text now, but you were the one saying to write something. So what was the point of that? Like I said before to gloat? or did you seriously want things written? What do you want me to write about, inherting forums because of the previous leader finally achieving a gaming industry job?

Ooo look at me I have a blog and forum, with a pre-built jaded community of gamers, that means I can get me and my ranter buddies into every game conference... UM NO..  FUCK NO!

You took my post the wrong way. But it's cool, be a dick. It helps.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 02:46:20 PM

That's not cred either, getting given the keys to the castle and then claiming you're a king, but I wasn't claiming credibility, I was asking why you wanted people to write decent things, fast.

People would have to write something and soon if they wanted to get into AGC. You have to send them some writing or something to get your press pass. This was assuming that some people might want to go that do not have anything written here. 

Simple. 

As is, I don't think any of the people going have had to get an ASAP article posted. 

PS. You're a dick.

-Rasix
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 03:16:27 PM

Real men have dicks, and balls too.

I could get a press pass, based on my writing still archived at Grim's, it doesn't actually make me any more press than you guys and your MMO fansite are.

My original question tho is whether this was gloating or actually wanting people to write "decent content" here or if it was gloating? Is this site becoming a commnuity submission "fansite", or if this place was actually putting more people on staff? It's not me taking anything you said the wrong way Schild, it's you not saying things clearly enough.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: where for is the AGC 06 threadz0r?  
Jump to: