Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Graphical Problems 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graphical Problems  (Read 11127 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

on: July 12, 2006, 09:14:34 AM

Anyone else having some odd...graphical glitches?

I was just going through Egypt, when suddenly I start to run into areas where these black splotches start to obscure the center of the screen...sometimes just a little, sometimes almost the entire play area. Oddly, I can still move and attack and stuch, and item labels will still show up in the obscured area...but it's Really annoying. It sure is hard to play blind.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 09:18:30 AM

You either have a corrupt install or a failing video card. Is it always the same exact areas that are blotchy, or does it seem random? For starters, I'd turn down your quality settings to see if that makes a difference. TQ seems to be very video intensive; at first you think its just the usual isometric Diablo style graphics which shouldn't punish your card very much, until you realise that you can zoom in on the graphics to a near FPS level of detail. Compound that with water and shadow effects.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Strazos

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 09:28:37 AM

Seems to be the same areas....I can walk a bit further and get out of the "black hole' area...but if I turn around I can walk right back into the area. It only seems to occur in a few of the desert Egypt maps...

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 09:40:34 AM

I had an instance where I couldn't enter a cave because the "stairs down" stuff wasn't loading - it just looked like a flat, see through polygon. I portaled to town and back and it was fixed.

Your issue might be close to the same, but I'd try forcing vertical sync in your video card options just in case it has something to do with that.
Strazos

Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 10:29:37 AM

Nope, I tried messing with all the settings except for res.

Also, sometimes....and this is only in Egypt again, but some of the ground will become see-through...kind of annoying. Hopefully it will pass.

Fear the Backstab!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 10:47:51 AM

The game has some serious graphic issues some time.

I had this thing where in one of the caves, the transparancy got messed up, and when i walked behind a certen wall, it wouldnt go transparant, and I dropped to about .2 FPS until I could get out from behind the wall.

Another time, I was in the open and all of a sudded I dropped to about 1 frame every 5 seconds, and right at the edge of my screan a texture was messing up. as I slowly slowly got closer, it was a monster I think but its graphics where very messed up, and it looked like a huge spiked ball of textures shooting off in every direction.

Those where the two main problems I had. Alos, my friend I play with gets corrupt graphics in certen towns, and also when he teleports to town some time. He can fix it by droping another telepad, and taking it to a different town and then coming back.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 11:05:42 AM

I had the same glitches for awhile as well.  Basically the whole spamp area in the first chapter was a black hole for me.  Uninstalling my ati drivers and getting latest ones from omega fixed me right up.  Also lowered details on reflection and shadows but that was mostly due to having alot of slowdown.... I fear my first multiplayer game. 
Strazos

Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 01:32:16 PM

Hmmm, I guess I'll try updating my omega drivers....

But I remember reading the odd update procedures, and they scared me off; Don't fix what's not broken, and all that.

EDIT: The OmegaDrivers guy has really improved his installation processes - updating was simple, and now Titan Quest runs like a dream again.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 06:58:53 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Graphical Problems  
Jump to: