Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz  (Read 139480 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #140 on: July 16, 2006, 09:56:18 PM

I have no idea how you guys play so much to get so far....or are you blitzing sections? I've cleared every map so far, and I'm going into China now, on normal.

Didn't really blitz until the last 3rd of Act 3 on Legendary.  I just had a good chunk of downtime while I was between jobs.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #141 on: July 17, 2006, 03:01:58 PM

I have no idea how you guys play so much to get so far....or are you blitzing sections? I've cleared every map so far, and I'm going into China now, on normal.

Exactly where I am. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #142 on: July 17, 2006, 03:45:32 PM

I'm at the first town beyond the Great Wall now....those Dragon-kin sure do hurt.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #143 on: July 17, 2006, 05:06:14 PM

The Dragonkin are the first real test of your character, my melee Slayer came up wanting shortly thereafter in the final boss area (bigger, meaner dragonkin packs of archer/mages).  It sucked.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: July 17, 2006, 05:31:56 PM

The Dragonkin are the first real test of your character, my melee Slayer came up wanting shortly thereafter in the final boss area (bigger, meaner dragonkin packs of archer/mages).  It sucked.

Yeah I was going through potions by the hundreds there with my battlemage (I just melee).  Had to do alot of running and gunning against those damn fire arrow dragons, them being resitant to all my fire damage sure didn't help matters.  As far as boss fights and cyclops's I was thankful for a sword that slowed their attacks when hit, helped me hit and run alot of those slow guys at the end, especially since 1 hit would nearly kill me.  Took me about 6 tries on the final guy though, and with him I had to back out and level up to 32 before I could beat him, plus I had to seriously change my equipment loadout for him.

Mr. Right
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: July 17, 2006, 07:55:20 PM

For all those who finished Legendary : is the game basically done after that?  You make an alt or you quit?  I'm in the first act of Epic right now and the loot is just not coming.  It seems that when I'll finally have the items and build that I want, Legendary mode is going to be completed with absolutely no challenge for my fully developed character.

Maybe you can play on Legendary difficulty with a team of 6 but not grouped?  Do the boss scale or just the number of mobs?

I think this game needs  Emerald/Rubie boss and a couple of player made mod (really hard arena map for example).   Someone should at least edit the game and make a mythological difficulty or something.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #146 on: July 17, 2006, 08:16:57 PM

For all those who finished Legendary : is the game basically done after that?  You make an alt or you quit?  I'm in the first act of Epic right now and the loot is just not coming.  It seems that when I'll finally have the items and build that I want, Legendary mode is going to be completed with absolutely no challenge for my fully developed character.

Maybe you can play on Legendary difficulty with a team of 6 but not grouped?  Do the boss scale or just the number of mobs?

I think this game needs  Emerald/Rubie boss and a couple of player made mod (really hard arena map for example).   Someone should at least edit the game and make a mythological difficulty or something.

There isn't much to do after Legendary unless there's specific loot you're looking for.  Regardless of how you up the difficulty this game is never going to be particularly challenging.  Sure I got one-shotted quite a bit if I wasn't paying enough attention and mobs ran around my pet or something, but monster hp and damage output isn't really the issue.  The biggest problem with this game is that the boss AI is crap, and most of the bosses are slow and telegraph their moves long before they execute them.
Strazos

Reply #147 on: July 17, 2006, 08:35:54 PM

Pfft, I'm having problems finding good loot in Normal mode now.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #148 on: July 17, 2006, 10:58:21 PM

Dev post on titanquest.net said something like:

Rogue/Warfare may need a boost
Tenarion is being looked at
Pets are getting mob boost on epic/legendary not supposed to gain that much power
Str armor resists being looked @ in epic/legendary

Its on page 1x of the melee whine thread.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #149 on: July 17, 2006, 11:23:21 PM

Regardless of what they change, this game doesn't have the replay value of Diablo II.  It was a good first try and I look forward to any sequel, but regardless of whatever changes they make to any skills it's not going to fix the basic problems this game has.
Strazos

Reply #150 on: July 18, 2006, 07:34:49 AM

Hmm...I actually like this game a Lot more than Diablo II.

Fear the Backstab!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: July 18, 2006, 07:47:32 AM

Regardless of what they change, this game doesn't have the replay value of Diablo II.  It was a good first try and I look forward to any sequel, but regardless of whatever changes they make to any skills it's not going to fix the basic problems this game has.

Which are?

I am the .00000001428%
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #152 on: July 18, 2006, 09:09:03 AM

I disagree, with the editor people should be able to inject replay value as modders have been doing for years.

-William Gibson
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #153 on: July 18, 2006, 09:50:17 AM

Which are?

A complete lack of challenge which also makes it easy to get high end loot are my biggest problems.  I could just do Legendary Typhon runs right now without so much as taking one hit to my character, gather up the loot, and repeat.  It's quicker and easier than any of the common loot runs in Diablo were.  I also don't think the loot looks as good on the characters as Diablo loot does, but that's just my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest Multiplayer Infoz  
Jump to: