Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:30:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Ellis working on new TV series for AMC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ellis working on new TV series for AMC  (Read 2555 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: June 16, 2006, 06:41:32 PM

From his official site:

I have been engaged by the American cable company AMC to write the half-hour pilot for a TV series I created. The contract calls the show “black comedy/science fiction.” Christina Wayne at AMC, who, along with Vlad Wolynetz have just been unreasonably good to deal with, recently described it as a “sf/entertainment-industry ‘dramedy’.”

As with all TV Things, everything could go horribly wrong. But this is the deal I’ve been waiting for, with people who understand the project and format I want to work in. And you know something’s going right when people in TV are telling you to go more experimental and take more risks. This isn’t your US network tv experience.

I’m writing the pilot at the moment. (And I should particularly thank Joss Whedon and John Rogers for their insights into the process.) More details will hopefully follow as the project progresses. Or, you know, a tearstained screed if it doesn’t.

Note that this isn't Ellis' first attempt at a TV series.  He did a pilot for his comic Global Frequency, which the WB ultimately ended up passing on (I've heard the pilot can be found through various P2P means, but I have yet to look for it).
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 06:29:18 PM

I'll try to dig up Global Frequency tonight.

Also, EXCITEMENT.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 08:09:50 AM

This could be good.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 07:04:43 AM

I finally started catching up on Nextwave.

Yeah, it's pretty goddamn funny. Hope this works out.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Ellis working on new TV series for AMC  
Jump to: