Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: A new week - who is active and who has quit? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new week - who is active and who has quit?  (Read 14036 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: June 12, 2006, 07:08:43 AM

Lets try to talk about some issues.

First off, I can kinda tell so far who is really in game. My current list of active guys is as follows:

Active:

Cheddar
addy
Train Wreck
Slack
Chin
Myself
Zet
Soukyan
Tragny

--

Lemming
WUA
Jimbo
Helm

How are you guys doing? Havent really heard from ya in game or out. If you need a hand lemme know!

I hope Im not forgeting anyone. I can update this list, remove or add people. Who really plans on playing or is playing that I am missing?

We are in serious need of a guild. Im thinking we might need to just use scrap or Chincilla's tower for the Gild stone just to ease communication and get us playing together more. Any thoughts? You guys interested in choosing some times for dungeon crawls or treasure hunts?

So, we going with Bat Country for the name? Ready to hear what everyone thinks
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:30:08 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:55:45 AM

I just created "Helm", not sure what he is going to be or how much time I will be able to invest in him.

It has been quite a while ...

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:57:49 AM

Well, I'm probably working on my crafter and his moneygathering today...so I am more than happy to work with a guildstone.  It'd be nice to get the funds up for a big house or tower and then drop one, but whatever works.

I have footstools galore for whatever we do.   tongue

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:43:06 AM

I only seem to get on at weird times when nobody else is on.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 10:28:07 AM

I'm still playing. I got a message from you today, Slay, but was training the new guy so I just had some macros running. Sorry I missed you. In any case, still playing and no plans on leaving yet. A Mac client would be nice though. ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:34:16 AM

I do think it will help out tons when we actually have a guild up. Right now it can be quite tedious hunting people down. What do ya think Chin...can we use your slick tower? :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 12:41:58 PM

I have roughly 130k I am willing to share; as long as it brings us together!  Ultimately I want a castle, but have not had the time to make mucho funds as of yet.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 01:42:13 PM

Tragny starts a character on Metropolis, news at 11. I've tried UO a couple times over the last couple years, but due to being anti-social I usually lose interest in about a week or so. After four months of Eve and the frustration that drove me to leave it, I'm not sure UO is the game for me, but Cheddar and Train Wreck are awesome folks, so I'm going to give it a shot. I started a character, named Tragny oddly enough, with 50 resist, 49 magery, 1 mace fighting. May start a crafter mule. I read through the other couple threads and think I have a very small handle on things, go go learning curve. Hope to see you guys in game.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 03:41:29 PM

I do think it will help out tons when we actually have a guild up. Right now it can be quite tedious hunting people down. What do ya think Chin...can we use your slick tower? :)

I'm home now.  Sorry was posting from work and it got busy all of a sudden.  We are cool with having people over :).  I'd recommend the very top floor.  Most space and I can set it up with training dummies for the really low people and pickpockets.  Pickpockets are great for DEX gain.  And in case you are wondering... no, you can't be attacked on the very top floor.

Tonight during Server Wars I am going to try and place the Tower in a new location I found that looks cool.  Been trying to find a nice spot with mobs and animals nearby and not too many houses (I don't like being clustered with other houses).

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 03:48:15 PM

Hey guys, going good at macro'ing my bard.  Had some questions and can't seem to get the site of Metro to come up (slow as hell today), so if you all can help:

1.  Locked and traped chests in dungeons--are those like some of the shards?  Where you need lockpicking to open, detect hidden to detect a trap, then remove trap to remove it?  If so, can you do all three while hidden?

2.  Bardic questions:  does discordance work on this shard (weakens monsters or players)?  Is provoke still prevented from provoking monsters onto other players?  That was a good tactic I would do if someone attacked me, so I could run away mostly.

3.  Do tame creatures become bonded so they recall with you?

4.  How does the meele vs magic vs archery vs tamed creatures stack up?  Just curious as to what build they are using.

Thanks!
Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 03:50:05 PM

I'm still around.  I've been busy for the past week or so, so I kinda just set my macros and ran off and did the RL thing.  You guys probably won't see much of me except on the weekends.  The wee hours of the morning are my usual playtime.

As far as the character goes, I finally hit 2x GM in hiding and stealth.  I've changed my mind again on my template, I think.  I'm going to see about thievery with an emphasis on plundering people's homes.  Whatever, I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 04:06:48 PM

Hey guys, going good at macro'ing my bard.  Had some questions and can't seem to get the site of Metro to come up (slow as hell today), so if you all can help:

1.  Locked and traped chests in dungeons--are those like some of the shards?  Where you need lockpicking to open, detect hidden to detect a trap, then remove trap to remove it?  If so, can you do all three while hidden?

2.  Bardic questions:  does discordance work on this shard (weakens monsters or players)?  Is provoke still prevented from provoking monsters onto other players?  That was a good tactic I would do if someone attacked me, so I could run away mostly.

3.  Do tame creatures become bonded so they recall with you?

4.  How does the meele vs magic vs archery vs tamed creatures stack up?  Just curious as to what build they are using.

1.  Yes.  But, you can bypass detect hidden/remove trap via the spell telekenisis (step back, cast, watch boom, LOOT)

2.  No disco here.  Stupid ass band aid skill.  No provoke on others.

4.  Melee and Mage are pretty close to equals in PvP; not sure about archers.  Tamers are fodder.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 05:52:25 PM

Does this shard pass out skill balls, or have any cool events? 
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 08:24:12 PM

Lotsa kewl events and pretty frequently.  I don't think so on the skill balls.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 11:50:25 PM

I am still around just been very busy week.  Plan get more active soon.
Jacob0883
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 04:46:17 AM

Another quick question, the metro website seems to be very very slow for me.  Is server lag the same way?  I know the website keeps updating every couple of seconds, but it still took a while for simple pages to laod.  I am thinking about playing again despite my vow to never touch UO again after defiance and rebirth....

I will prob make a tank mage, but are there any templates you guys really need?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 05:01:25 AM

Another quick question, the metro website seems to be very very slow for me.  Is server lag the same way?  I know the website keeps updating every couple of seconds, but it still took a while for simple pages to laod.  I am thinking about playing again despite my vow to never touch UO again after defiance and rebirth....

Yes, the front page has been lagging the last few days.  Seems like I am lagging in game as well.  This occuring with anyone else?

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 05:07:28 AM

In-game I am getting 0 lag.  The website though has been lagging for roughly 4 days though.  I'm assuming its either their web host or its something in their coding that isn't messing with the website.  For example... the website used to display their voting position and how many votes, but right now its only showing X/X.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 06:07:24 AM

I think we could use another tank mage, actually. Eventually we will be looking to get some group PVP going and an experienced tank mage would be excellent. Other than that, maybe a character to help raise a little cash. Lemme know in game if you need a hand (use "[msg" to find people). Hope ya decide to play!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 06:10:42 AM

BTW, for those going stealing a friend on the shard recommends EasyUO, he said he GMed his stealing in a day using it.

www.easyuo.com

They have scripts for about everything.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 06:48:29 AM

Most of the scripts are pretty decent.  The only frustrating part is that I can't seem to get their damn Taming scripts to work.  I've seen some ppl with some pretty decent taming scripts, but I'm not sure where they got them or if they wrote them.  All the ones I've tried thus far haven't worked :(.

Edit: BTW, that's a great price for a Large Brick House.  If you guys need some $$ help let me know and I'll do what I can.  Vendors been little slow recently probably due to vacation time and such.  Don't forget, if you guys need someone to macro you can do it in my wife's Tower.  Just let me know and I can pick you guys up.  I gotta get you guys a recall rune so you can recall to it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:00:39 AM by Chinchilla »

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 09:00:11 AM

Yes, the front page has been lagging the last few days.  Seems like I am lagging in game as well.  This occuring with anyone else?

The metropolis website is now fixed.  Its not lagging like all get out anymore.  Its pretty smooth actually.  Plus the place/vote counter is back up again.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 09:31:51 AM

Looks like lamp is going to let us use his tower!  Has a guildstone ready to be changed to what we want. I almost still wanna buy that brick though.......

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 09:40:43 AM

Looks like lamp is going to let us use his tower!  Has a guildstone ready to be changed to what we want. I almost still wanna buy that brick though.......

It's hard to resist a brick house....

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 09:45:07 AM

Hmmmm... catch 22 there.  Part of me says buy the brick so you can setup something that you know is YOURS and you have control over.  Part of me says... well a tower really is nice.  The one issue with sharing spaces is getting his stuff confused with the guilds stuff.  Unless its one in the same, dunno.

Hard call to make to be honest.  I guess it should be a guild vote if anything.  I don't really know I love Lamp very well so I can't really make a judgement call.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 10:22:01 AM

He said he will be seperating his personal stuff to another house to avoid any confusion.

Worst case: He decides once we move into the place to basically claim the stuff. We are out a couple thousand of each reg and some exceptional stuff and pots.

Reasons I think he wont: He's a good guy, doesnt seem to have a bunch of friends on here, and he hooked me up without knowing me at all early on. We share common interests in IDOC hunting and PVP, and the last thing you want as an IDOC hunter is to piss off me and Chin. Thats a recipe for not landing many IDOCs :) Today he scored himself a few thousand regs, as I shared the spot with him. We are able to watch spots the other cant.

To me, getting a tower for guild use without paying allows us to save up for the real deal. You know, a castle or keep. Also gain an active player with resources, and a good guy to boot.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 10:24:22 AM

what do castles/keeps cost anyway?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 10:29:45 AM

http://www.metropolisshard.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4973

"Tower
Buy Price-1,299,600
Sell Price-433,200

Small Stone Keep
Buy Price-1,995,600
Sell Price-665,200

Castle
Buy Price-3,068,400
Sell Price-1,022,800"

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 10:43:28 AM

I spent all day yesterday macroing Magery and got it to 80.0.  Could have went higher but I didn't want to touch the last of the spider silk for Flame Strike.  I also have about 80 int, 80 Eval, and 70 Resist, so the Mage part of my Tank Mage is in full swing.

What's the best way to do melee skills?  Usually we would spar with butcher knives, daggers, and wands for swords, fencing, and maces, respectively.  Is this still the prefered method?  The best I've used on the OSI servers is the "Skeletal Warrior wall", where all the players stand on top of each other so the Skeletal Warrior can't see or attack any of them, even when they are striking it.  You can get up to Master very quickly and GM if you keep at it.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 10:56:50 AM

The best I've used on the OSI servers is the "Skeletal Warrior wall"...

Never heard of this before.  Very interesting!  The only way I knew was to spare each other with the daggers/butcher knives and with a wooden shit.

FYI about the houses.  Personally I think the Tower is better than the Keep.  I'm not crazy about the Keeps layout.  But, the Castle owns all!  Can't beat having a courtyard where you can recall into.  That alone makes it the best of all the houses.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 11:29:47 AM

So, short of breaking into a castle and stealing the key, we're in for a long haul of saving up dough?

I really don't care what we do as far as tower vs. brick vs. whatever goes, I'll most likely just keep saving cash and if it's never needed, I"ll buy myself something spiffy.

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 11:34:09 AM

I would go for brick or tower to get our base started before the long haul to castle.  Either that or we could get a few houses for training (macroing) purposes with a moderate supply of regs, bandages, food, etc.  I'm not sure whose house we were in yesterday (Slayerik's?) but it was awesome not having to worry about being discovered by a thief or PK.

And I think the Skele wall is defiantly worth testing to see if it works.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 11:38:08 AM by Train Wreck »
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 11:46:26 AM

If you guys ever need another place to macro just [msg me and I can port you over.  I have a GM Healing/Anatomy guy to keep ya healed too.  I have a semi-decent macro I made in Razor that will keep ya healed while you spare or whatever.

Personally I am really liking using the very top of Tower's for fighting/macroing.  Very roomy with no obstacles.

Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 12:17:42 PM

I've been getting good at macroing, myself, once I found out you can right click to add special constructs and conditionals.  I highly recommend doing "if (hits) >= x" for anybody that is casting magic on themselves to raise resist.  It will prevent you from dying in case your healer runs out of bandaids, disconned, or whatever while you're afk.  You can also do "if (mana) <= x" to give yourself some time to med when mana gets low (works better when med is high enough to succeed most of the time).
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 12:27:37 PM

Another really useful one is "If system message..." one.  The tricky part about that one is to type out the system message, but try to get the most unique info from it.  I typicall leave out the first work or at least th capitilized letter in the first word because it doesn't seem to recognize the capital letter that well.

I like using System message for when I hit those skill caps.  Like I want to stop myself from casting spells once I hit 80 in magery (so as to not waste reagents) then use the "If system message..." one.

Overall, I 100% agree that If health and mana ones are THE BEST!

Also remember that you can team up the macro with other things like the Organizer agents / Restock agents / Selling agents / etc...  Takes some practice to get the hang of, but once you figure it out you can do about 90% of what EasyUO can do.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: A new week - who is active and who has quit?  
Jump to: