Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:30:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: A new week - who is active and who has quit? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new week - who is active and who has quit?  (Read 14003 times)
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

I haven't played around with the system message construct yet, but I can see the possibilities already.  When mana gets below the required amount to cast the spell, you could use it to test if Meditation was successfull and pausing to allow mana to regenerate.

If somebody wants to spot me some silk and sulfer, I could macro Flame Strike some more.  Otherwise I'll work on Combat or macro Anatomy.  My Tank Mage should be mature in a couple of days.  Not quite 7xGM, but I've made it with far lower.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 12:41:02 PM

I'm seriously going to have to play with Razor then.  I have a macro set to cast lightning a set number of times, then use med...but I'm having some problems with it needing pauses (eats my health fast that way) or not using hte pauses and having some kind of odd stack of spells waiting to cast.  I don't think med is really firing off at all because I haven't seen it raise in hours.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 01:06:18 PM

You have to activate Med manually, and you have to be wearing the right kind of armor (which should be nothing when you're macroing magery).  You should always use it after casting when creating a macro, if for no other reason than to raise the skill.  No delay is required, though you may want to test for Med's success and pause if it works.  I put the whole thing in an If block that tests for minimum mana, medding at the end, and looping it.  That way you don't have to try calculating how long you should pause after medding; it will instead wait for mana to reach a certain amount.

Unlike Med, Eval Int does get used automatically when casting spells and does not need to be separately invoked when macroing Magery.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 01:12:45 PM

What I have right now is
Code:
If hits >=15
Cast lightning
etc
etc
Pause2.0sec
Else
Pause 10.0sec
This is really designed to just make sure that my healer is doing his job.  I'm kinda confused whether nesting another If in there for mana would mess stuff up.  Also, if I just toss meditate in where the 2 sec pause is, will this essentially work the same?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 01:19:11 PM

I would change it to

Code:
If hits >= x
If mana >= x
Cast lightning
etc
etc
Pause2.0sec
Meditate
Pause 10.0sec
end if
end if

x is whatever's appropriate to the spell you're blowing your ass up with.

Also, with this setup if you fail Med it will have some extra downtime than necessary, but after a while med will be high enough to where it won't matter.  In the meantime, you can tweak it to compensate for failed med attempts.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:24:39 PM by Train Wreck »
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 13, 2006, 01:27:21 PM

Once your meditate gets higher (as in you dont' want to continually be recasting it because your skill is pretty good, but want the mana to just come back faster) you can set a

Code:
If system message "you cannot focus"
- useskill meditate
- pause 9 seconds
- end if

- If system message "you begin to meditate"
- pause until X >= mana
- end if

Not 100% sure on what the system message are, but trying to give you an idea of what more you can do.  In the beginning though you want to continue to try and refresh that meditate every 9 seconds to get more and more skill out of it.

Hell... you can even set it to cast heal on yourself too.

I can hook you up with the spider silk and all that stuff for Flamestrike bro.

Edit: Ugh... I can never seem to get the < or > pointing the right way.  Such basic math adn it still boggles me sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:29:05 PM by Chinchilla »

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #41 on: June 13, 2006, 01:33:53 PM

Cool, thanks.  I knew there was a way to do that stuff but I haven't experimented with it yet.

And thanks for the Flamestrike hookup!  I'm on right now if it's a good time for you.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 13, 2006, 02:06:28 PM

heading home in about 1 hour.  At work right now :(.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #43 on: June 13, 2006, 03:07:55 PM

Looks like lamp is going to let us use his tower!  Has a guildstone ready to be changed to what we want. I almost still wanna buy that brick though.......

You talking about I Love Lamp?  I remember someone named that in Asherons Call... never did figure out the meaning behind the name.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #44 on: June 13, 2006, 06:59:34 PM

Looks like lamp is going to let us use his tower!  Has a guildstone ready to be changed to what we want. I almost still wanna buy that brick though.......

You talking about I Love Lamp?  I remember someone named that in Asherons Call... never did figure out the meaning behind the name.

The only place I've heard that phrase is in that Will Ferrell movie, Anchorman -- The Legend of Ron Burgundy.  Steve Carrell's character says it.  It's funny because (ah the death of all jokes) his character is basically borderline retarded and is saying he loves things because Will Ferrell's character is in love and he wants to mimic him.

The wife and I say it a lot when our cats rub against stuff, "I love coffee table," etc.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: A new week - who is active and who has quit?  
Jump to: