Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Absolute Sandman 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Absolute Sandman  (Read 2975 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: June 11, 2006, 10:46:06 PM

While browsing through Neil Gaiman's website,  happened across news that Sandman is being reprinted in hardcover.  Something like 80% of the coloring is being redone.  Seems like it could be interesting.

I'm generally lukewarm towards any comics,  but the Sandman series really stands out as being exceptional literature.

I also discovered that "Stardust" is presently being filmed.  De Niro is even in it.  Will be interesting to keep an eye out for.
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:25:57 PM

I saw a few comparisons of the new and old colors and I don't like much the new version. I think it's a bit too "modern" and doesn't fit well with the old drawings (it's not a reconstruction, they are using completely different colors).

From what I heard these books will be truly massive, with tons of pages, but also quite pricey.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:30:10 PM by HRose »

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:43:41 AM

Hmm, do I buy a third copy of Sandman (Original comics, trade paperbacks, and now this).  Hmmm.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 11:41:31 AM

I might sell my originals to pay for the trades or the new stuff.  I loved Sandman, but the box is taking up space and I don't particularly want to read my originals and risk damaging them.  Solving both problems would be nice.

Does anyone know a site with a fairly accurate price-list?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Absolute Sandman  
Jump to: