Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Getting Started... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting Started...  (Read 22130 times)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #35 on: June 10, 2006, 06:39:52 PM

Anyone know where I can find a vendor that sells hatchets?  I started up my crafter and somehow he lost his hatchet.  I don't know if it was stolen from his hands or if the damn things just decay and break on you.  At any rate, I've been scouring Brit and haven't found one (I did make an exceptional bow or three though).  Darniaq told me to check Vesper, so barring that, is there one in Brit?

Yes.  Check the blacksmith near West bank or in the northern part of town (near the road heading to Brit Grave).  I highly recommend you move cities though; Brit is a sea of decadence (and thieves).

Yes, I just discovered this.  I am gonna have to reroll my poor crafter after this evening's events....once I can get him a rune book, I don't think I'm ever going to try to use the Moongate ever again.  Seriously.  I don't even mind being ganked, but I feel bad for my pack horse.  At least I know that in about an hour I can have a fuckton of cash just from cutting down trees.  I'm slowly getting the hang of all this....but my first mission after buying some basic supplies will be getting the hell outta Brit.

The goddamn guards don't even come if you call them.  Either that, or I was calling them wrong.  I managed to lead a PK back into town, but for some reason the guards couldn't be assed to help me out.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 11, 2006, 05:33:34 AM

My download of the clienst is slugging along at 50kb/s, where did you guys download it ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #37 on: June 11, 2006, 05:52:16 AM

My download of the clienst is slugging along at 50kb/s, where did you guys download it ?

There is a link on Markee Dragons site.  Just google search it- I was pulling like 600kb/s.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 11, 2006, 09:42:07 AM

There is a link on Markee Dragons site.  Just google search it- I was pulling like 600kb/s.
Thanks, that link doubled my transfer rate ... 110 kb/s now  Sad Panda

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #39 on: June 11, 2006, 09:46:10 AM

www.filefront.com

called UO gold - digital purchase... was pullin like 600kb

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 11, 2006, 10:25:00 AM

Anyone know where I can find a vendor that sells hatchets? 

If you can't seem to find a hatchet just buy an cheap axe that you can find.  The only requirement for chopping trees is that it is an axe.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 11, 2006, 05:04:12 PM

Thanks, that link doubled my transfer rate ... 110 kb/s now  Sad Panda

Fileplanet. Woo.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #42 on: June 11, 2006, 06:12:23 PM

If I remember correctly, items that run out of structure points (or hp or whatever) are lost forever.  You can try repairing weapons and armor yourself, but if you have low smithing it will lower the quality.

I'll definantly work on a treasure hunter build.  What's a good template?  I'm thinking:

Hiding
Detect Hidden
Cartography
Lock Picking
Mining

I can't remember what all the the required skills are.  Looks like I have room for Musicianship and Peace Making.  Will I be gimped without tactics and fencing?  I'm also thinking of just enough Magery to cast recall, maybe limiting myself to scrolls if I'm out of skill points.

I'm also having some trouble macroing with Razor.  Is there a way to put delays into it?  It didn't bother me with Hiding but with skills that require I target something, it seems to be blowing through without seeing what I clicked on.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 06:38:29 PM

If you highlilght the thing before the pause and right click, then insert special, you can insert pauses.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #44 on: June 11, 2006, 07:25:07 PM

I'll definantly work on a treasure hunter build.  What's a good template?  I'm thinking:

Hiding
Detect Hidden --> Not needed.  Telekenisis (via scroll if 0 magery)Cartography
Lock Picking
Mining  --> UOA + Runebook libraries.  You will have access to the exact dig point.

Good template thus far, but you need some form of defense.  Not taking magery is an option here; runebooks require 0 magery to recall off of (using a recall point from the book).  Hiding is not needed really; unless you do the non-magery route.  Question is what kind of treasure hunter will you be?  A dungeon crawler will require a very different template then a treasure chest seeker. FYI, as an above ground treasure hunter you will need cartography.

You could go tamer, bard, warrior, or mage.  If you are looking to solo the OMFG hard chests I recommend either bard or tamer route.  IF you go tamer you will want magery!  It would be something like this:

83+ taming (natural)
85+ Magery
50+ Vet
100 Animal Lore
100 Med
100 Lockpick
100 Cartography

Bard would be something like:

50+ Provo
100 Peace Make
100 Music
100 Lockpick
100 Carto

Bard is nice cause its relatively easy to begin and has nice defense with peace make, also leaves you some skill points for whatever you want.  Tamer is much more powerful and also opens up the ability to farm some of the highest level monsters in the game.  One meta game that is nice (believe it or not) is fishing.  It is tempting for me to work in fishing with the above tamer template (which is roughly what I have minus the treasure hunting skills).

Oh, downside to the above templates is no PvP.  At all.  Your best bet is to gate/recall the moment a PK shows himself.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #45 on: June 11, 2006, 10:38:20 PM

I was thinking of an above ground treasure seeker.  Do you not need mining to dig it up?  I know you did on the OSI shards.

I'm not concerned about PvP with this char (I may have a proper thief for stuff like that).  Farming monsters would be nice, though.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 11, 2006, 11:03:48 PM

If you highlilght the thing before the pause and right click, then insert special, you can insert pauses.
I was not able to locate a place that explains the setup of macros with razor.

A hiding macro would be easy enough, but how about the more "complicated" things that need targeting/moving around etc. (mining/lumberjacking) for example.

Whoa, very strong deja vu on this post ...

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #47 on: June 11, 2006, 11:32:13 PM

I was not able to locate a place that explains the setup of macros with razor.

A hiding macro would be easy enough, but how about the more "complicated" things that need targeting/moving around etc. (mining/lumberjacking) for example.

Whoa, very strong deja vu on this post ...

Best I've done is juggling pauses with multiple things in one macro....for instance I was working snoop and healing with my dexer while sparring with my mage.  I had it set up to basically record me performing several snoops and then healing the mage.  Then I added some pauses between the snoops and looped it.  That's about the extent of my skill.  Which, apparently, isn't much....largely because the damn mage was still dying.

Moving and whatnot...I'm not too sure.  Lumberjacking is rather tough for me to do manually as it is...targeting the right part of the tree is a bitch at first.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 05:14:36 AM

I was thinking of an above ground treasure seeker.  Do you not need mining to dig it up?  I know you did on the OSI shards.

I'm not concerned about PvP with this char (I may have a proper thief for stuff like that).  Farming monsters would be nice, though.

Mining is not needed. 

Razor just takes a little practice.  It is a lot like learning psuedo code.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 06:54:39 AM

Resource gathering made easy:

Learn this well and you never have to do manual labor again!!! :)

www.easyuo.com

It is legal on the shard, but not Unattended resource gathering. I plan on getting a good provoke setup going and using this to GM it. I need a cash cow character. T keep here i come!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 08:24:17 AM

Actually I don't think Metropolis cares if you gather resources while unattended.  I've done it pretty often and never had any issues.  Plus the posts I've seen they never said they cared about it.  It might "bother" them, but there is no rule saying you can not.  The players may not like it either, but oh well.

Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 13, 2006, 01:03:12 PM

Hi.

I've lurked for a long time because these forums are comedy gold on occasion.  I am thinking this Metropolis shard may be interesting.  I have two questions for anyone who has played it:

1.  Is archery a viable PvP skill here for a tank mage's weapon choice?

2.  Do they use any movement based anti macro measures here (requiring that I use the 8x8 skill grid?)
Train Wreck
Contributor

Reply #52 on: June 13, 2006, 01:09:06 PM

Haven't tried Archery, but the movement grid OSI put into place to stymie macroing is defiantly nonexistant on metro.
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 01:18:08 PM

Hi.

I've lurked for a long time because these forums are comedy gold on occasion.  I am thinking this Metropolis shard may be interesting.  I have two questions for anyone who has played it:

I've noticed this as well :).  Great stuff on these forums!

1.  Is archery a viable PvP skill here for a tank mage's weapon choice?

Personally... I think it is.  A vetran on Metro by the name of Parasite used Heavy Xbow with his mage.  Did pretty damn good.  I plan on using either Archery for a Tank mage or going Healing mage.  Personally I think Archery mage will be the most fun.

Some SWEAR by the sword (Halberd/Katana) mage.  Then there are Macer tank mages.  There's even fencing tank mages.  I personally think it is making it what works/suits your play style.

2.  Do they use any movement based anti macro measures here (requiring that I use the 8x8 skill grid?)

Nope... there's is 0 Anti Macro stuff.  The only anti anything that they did was not allow you to gather resources from trees and such while in guard protection.  There were FAR too many resource gathering bots getting wood from the britain woods while under guard protection.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #54 on: June 18, 2006, 09:59:08 AM

Hiding
Stealth
Snooping
Stealing
Macing
Anat
Healing

Going with this template. Was just wondering what starting stats/skills should be.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #55 on: June 18, 2006, 10:04:20 AM

Hiding
Stealth
Snooping
Stealing
Macing
Anat
Healing

Going with this template. Was just wondering what starting stats/skills should be.

Stats should just be default (60 str, 10 dex, 10 int).

Uh, Slay probably has a different opinion, but this is my exact build.  IIRC, I took 50 stealing, 49 healing, and 1 mace.  Healing may have been hiding, I forget.  Pretty sure it was healing tho. 

Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 18, 2006, 10:27:14 AM

Why macing without tactics?  You are aware that you won't do any damage (hardly) without Tactics, correct?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 18, 2006, 11:12:17 AM

Why macing without tactics?  You are aware that you won't do any damage (hardly) without Tactics, correct?

Macing causes stamina drain. Anat helps damage, as well as helps healing. Its not a killing template...its a stealing , stealth, get away template.

Tahz
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 18, 2006, 12:42:36 PM

Can you stun-punch on this shard with Wrestling + Anatomy?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 18, 2006, 03:22:51 PM

Negative

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: Getting Started...  
Jump to: