Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:35:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Wurm Online: News from Newtown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wurm Online: News from Newtown  (Read 46206 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 10:14:48 AM

Reading about it, it sounds great.  This must be because reading Elbows's account takes a fraction of the time it would take to actually do those things.  They need to fix the bootstrapping problem.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 11:31:58 AM

Reading about it, it sounds great.  This must be because reading Elbows's account takes a fraction of the time it would take to actually do those things.  They need to fix the bootstrapping problem.

That's a problem present in pretty much any worldy game. Examine the time it takes to get out of a frigate into a cruiser or AF in Eve when you have no-one to help you with advice or loans, or the time it takes to get bootstrapped into a decent camp in ATITD.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 12:02:08 PM

I played this game for about 4h this weekend.  Here's how I'd sum up the experience:

1) The game isn't intuitive enough.

2) The playerbase will be its demise. 

I like the fact that there are significantly fewer carebears than in atitd and that it doesn't feel so much like "High School Online".  I also can deeply appreciate the sim that they're shooting for.  I think this could be a very fun concept with some polish... I just don't know how they can generate content at a rate fast enough to keep most players interested.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:04:26 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 12:09:09 PM

I like the fact that there are significantly fewer carebears than in atitd and that it doesn't fell so much like "High School Online".

Maybe I was on at the wrong time, but the air was tense in the same way as it was in the gym shower just before the guy who failed two grades came in to take your clothes and wallet.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Elbows
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 01:28:24 PM

The interface definitely needs some work. 
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 03:28:32 PM

The interface definitely needs some work. 

Understatement of the month. Documentation would also help a lot; the wiki is pretty sparse on things like, oh, how long it takes to cook food. Or, really, anything beyond either the extremely esoteric or the extremely basic.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #41 on: June 13, 2006, 08:42:08 AM

Why aren't you learn2play badasses all over this?

"Me am play gods"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Wurm Online: News from Newtown  
Jump to: