Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Llava and Yoru Investigate Warhammer Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Llava and Yoru Investigate Warhammer Online  (Read 62141 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #35 on: June 01, 2006, 09:21:44 AM

The two EVE corps aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  A lot of that has to do with the design of EVE as a game, allowing all of us to "be competitive" without weekly schedules and raids and whatnot.  Hell, I'm basically playing a pure crafter in an open-PVP full-item-loss MOG.  That's dedication right there.  Anyway, the point here is that if anyone wants to try to get into WAR beta, we can probably swing it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #36 on: June 01, 2006, 10:28:15 AM

> Anyway, the point here is that if anyone wants to try to get into WAR beta, we can probably swing it.
Well sign me up.  I'll really even test if they want me to.

"Me am play gods"
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #37 on: June 01, 2006, 11:35:46 AM

Thanks for all the compliments.  I tried to inject a lot of funny, but in the end wasn't sure if I was just being irritating.  Either way, you guys seemed to enjoy it.

Yoru- I'm disappointed you haven't breathed a word about the "aggressive" remark.  Did it pass you by?

Regarding Mythic paying me to do some pre-release marketing:
Hell yes I'll sell out.  I am right here.  I'll say that the game made me conceive a virgin birth if they'll pay me to say it.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #38 on: June 01, 2006, 11:56:55 AM

Thanks for all the compliments.  I tried to inject a lot of funny, but in the end wasn't sure if I was just being irritating.  Either way, you guys seemed to enjoy it.

Yoru- I'm disappointed you haven't breathed a word about the "aggressive" remark.  Did it pass you by?

Regarding Mythic paying me to do some pre-release marketing:
Hell yes I'll sell out.  I am right here.  I'll say that the game made me conceive a virgin birth if they'll pay me to say it.

No, it didn't. I snickered. Same with the bit about the tie.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #39 on: June 01, 2006, 03:01:34 PM

Yeah really, counting the members of the two corporations we have in EVE, and the more-than-none people that are running two accounts there, this group should be a shoo-in.  You might also show them the three or four wingnuts we have playing UO, but that could go either way, I guess.

I would drop UO faster then I dropped your mom if this became reality.   Heart

edit.  I forgot compliments to you guys for a good review.  Seriously, the hard work on the front page is working!  I check it out every few days now!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #40 on: June 01, 2006, 03:24:29 PM

You always make me laugh, Llava, even when you don't say anything. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #41 on: June 01, 2006, 04:01:04 PM

Thanks.  I have lots of friends.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #42 on: June 01, 2006, 04:03:07 PM

I prefer your other avatar.  FEET!!!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 01, 2006, 06:54:35 PM

There ARE quite a few of us that still play DAoC off and on, I think, for the RvR.

The actual dynamics of big fights in DAoC are pretty good.  Someone here said,  and I find it very true,  that you play DAoC for that 10 or 15 minute completely serendipitous fight that makes weeks of playtime worthwhile. (Want to attribute it to Nebu or Eldaec)

DAoC is the golf of MMOs....   Long periods of idle time for that sweet and very short payoff.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #44 on: June 01, 2006, 10:13:53 PM

I'd rather be called Monkey Girl than Feet.  The feet are gone for good!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #45 on: June 02, 2006, 12:39:27 AM

There ARE quite a few of us that still play DAoC off and on, I think, for the RvR.

The actual dynamics of big fights in DAoC are pretty good.  Someone here said,  and I find it very true,  that you play DAoC for that 10 or 15 minute completely serendipitous fight that makes weeks of playtime worthwhile. (Want to attribute it to Nebu or Eldaec)

DAoC is the golf of MMOs....   Long periods of idle time for that sweet and very short payoff.

That's why I'm hopeful for this game.

I want the RvR without the DAoC.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #46 on: June 02, 2006, 07:19:48 AM

I'd rather be called Monkey Girl than Feet.  The feet are gone for good!

Sorry feet, you'll always be feet to me!

(Unless you want to put a hot avatar back up.. and I don't mean muscle girl or scary bunny)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 07:22:22 AM by bhodi »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #47 on: June 02, 2006, 07:43:54 AM

Nicely done. I consider myself owned.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #48 on: June 02, 2006, 09:07:37 AM

Does this mean we call her hands now?

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #49 on: June 02, 2006, 09:47:38 AM

Fingers. Or even better, The Finger.

I have never played WoW.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #50 on: June 02, 2006, 10:28:05 AM

Fingers. Or even better, The Finger.

Perhaps that would be [Fing-Ghay]

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
garthilk
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 26, 2006, 02:51:22 PM

A few more bits about Beta.

Alpha: What we are in now. I made the grievous error of calling it a very early beta, for which I am terminally sorry. I will regret that until I die. Alpha does not have anyone playing who does not draw a paycheck from Mythic.

Double Secret Beta: What we will be in "Soon, TM." That is just beyond alpha, and includes people who draw paychecks from Mythic and our partners. Summer 2006

First Stage of Closed Beta (Beta 1): Sometimes called "Friends and Family," somewhat inaccurately, this is a stage where there is actually a game, but it is not usually very complete or even stable for that matter. People who don't work here are in this stage, but usually fewer than a hundred, and they are nearly all such old, old friends that they are often mistaken for employees. Fall 2006

Beta 1.7: After Things Stop Going Boom Every Day: This is the stage you'll start seeing community testers. People who have tested for Mythic for years, or have been otherwise recommended to us as quality volunteer testers, are starting to be included. There is usually a restriction on how many people get in at this point, and often perfectly wonderful people are left out. TENTATIVE DATE: Early 2007

Beta 2: Still closed and covered under NDA, invitees include prize winners, guilds that win the guild contest, and some members of the print and web media - usually the ones we have relationships with. People who work at GW retail shops are getting in here, and we've got some plans for existing Dark Age of Camelot players to be invited to check out their new sibling. There will be up to a thousand people by the end of Beta 2. TENTATIVE DATE: Early Spring 2007

Beta 3: Closed, NDA. This is where Lady Luck will wave her wand. We will be choosing randomly from the giant pool of people who are subscribed to our newsletter. This phase will have thousands of people invited, possibly as many as ten thousand. TENTATIVE DATE: Summer 2007

Final Beta: No NDA. Because there is no NDA, people often refer to this as "open beta." But I wanted to be really clear with you guys - we are not planning the kind of open beta where everyone with internet access can download the game and hop in. That's nutty. Right now, we are tentatively considering having everyone who pre-orders the game invited to this phase of beta. This phase will also invite winners from our big media promotions. TENTATIVE DATE: Summer 2007

Building and Destorying the Truth in Equal Measure
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 23, 2006, 04:39:38 AM

EDIT: Argh, posting in an archive. I need to sleep more.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:24:34 AM by Calantus »
Llava
Contributor

Reply #53 on: September 23, 2006, 10:19:48 AM

I'm curious what you had to say.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 23, 2006, 01:09:27 PM

Nothing special, like I implied I was pretty tired (and still haven't remedied that, /sigh). Basically I said that the reason I personally usually did not bother with F13 guilds in games is because I tend to be pretty hardcore and so gravitate to guilds built around powergaming catass achievers like myself instead of the more relaxed and casual pace of batcountry. It's different in Eve because I intend to just putz around and do whatever I feel like here and there, basically how I invision F13 corp members will be playing Eve. There's also the time barrier. Since I'm Australian any group-based game would be hard for me to play with you guys since I tend to start playing as you guys are logging off for the night. Then I said that wouldn't stop me from using you guys for a beta invite. :P

I also commented on how I liked the writeup, even though on reflection I had read it when it first came up. rolleyes
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 01:10:58 PM by Calantus »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Llava and Yoru Investigate Warhammer Online  
Jump to: