Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: X-Men III - Spoiler free no longer! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: X-Men III - Spoiler free no longer!  (Read 18846 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #105 on: June 19, 2006, 02:53:37 PM

The bridge should have fallen apart as soon as he started moving it. I have seen the Galloping Gerty video too often to not believe that.

Also- if Magneto was so cavalier about mutants dying to furthe his cause, why not tear Wolverine apart? There is tissue between the parts of the adamantium skeleton- just sent him into about 8 pieces and see if he can regen THEN. Same with Collosus- why not grab the big oaf, bounce him off all the rest of the mutants, and then sink him to the bottom of the bay?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: June 19, 2006, 03:56:02 PM

I finally saw it this weekend, too.

Collosus could turn his armor off to avoid Magneto.  It would become a game of reflexes, although it would be a good opportunity for others to jump him.  The logical use of powers was one of the gaping plot holes.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #107 on: June 19, 2006, 06:49:28 PM

I saw one bit in a comic where something tricked Kitty Pryde into remaining unphased (can't remember why that trick), then threw Colossus at her, which made him reflexively go flesh so as not to kill her on impact, and then it hurled a large spike at 'em and impaled them both.  Clever timing and a good trap.

Course, they survived the impaling.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #108 on: June 19, 2006, 08:48:51 PM

Also- if Magneto was so cavalier about mutants dying to furthe his cause, why not tear Wolverine apart? There is tissue between the parts of the adamantium skeleton- just sent him into about 8 pieces and see if he can regen THEN. Same with Collosus- why not grab the big oaf, bounce him off all the rest of the mutants, and then sink him to the bottom of the bay?
Magneto "leeched" out Wolverine's adamantium in the comic books. Of course he still had (bone) claws after that... shocked (retcon alert!)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 20, 2006, 03:52:20 AM

IT WAS A BAD FILM.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #110 on: June 20, 2006, 03:55:04 AM

IRONWOOD, IT'S NOT OUR FAULT YOU SAW FAST & THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT INSTEAD OF XMEN, OK?

-

Edit: Trippy, I will never EVER forget the frame where Wolverine let the bone claws out for the first time. it's burned into the back of my head as the most fucked up thing ever in a comic book targeted towards, well, kids. I was I think 12 or 11 when that came out. Maybe I was older. Whatever. I still remember the frame. Blech.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: June 20, 2006, 03:55:22 AM

One thing I always wanted to know. How was the film Ironwood?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: June 20, 2006, 04:06:15 AM

IRONWOOD, IT'S NOT OUR FAULT YOU SAW FAST & THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT INSTEAD OF XMEN, OK?

-

Edit: Trippy, I will never EVER forget the frame where Wolverine let the bone claws out for the first time. it's burned into the back of my head as the most fucked up thing ever in a comic book targeted towards, well, kids. I was I think 12 or 11 when that came out. Maybe I was older. Whatever. I still remember the frame. Blech.

Speaking of Retcon and whatnot - That Panel was particularly iconic if you read 'Origin' and consider how deeply traumatised the young man was when bone claws first popped out of his hands and, well, impaled someone after seeing the death of his father.  I always look at that panel and think "Yup, there he is.  The big poopy has regressed to childhood again".

Also, I think that the 'leeching' scene was a little more disturbing - silver wormies wriggling out from under Wolverines skin.  Let's face it, the whole thing was shock and awe.

PS - It wasn't that good Teb.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 20, 2006, 10:31:01 PM

I'd agree that the Phoenix stuff felt...tacked on...or somehow mostly irrelevant to the rest of the movie.  I also agree that lack of the logical use of the mutants' powers was one of the main flaws.  Where were the really *awesome* uses of power like in X2 when Magneto molds the iron filings into a platform for him to levitate on and the rest into little bullets?  Moving the golden gate bridge?  Shocking perhaps, but even completely disregarding structural issues, not exactly the best use of Magneto's power.  Also the personality swings with Magneto...  He cares about mutants, but callously abandons Mystique completely, but feels bad about Professor X's death, and isn't willing to kill Wolverine, but sends in his followers first to get shot with the cure, etc?  He's very inconsistent.

The movie's not bad if you don't think about it too much, but if you do much thinking....it has a lot wrong with it.  If there is a 4, I really hope they handle things better.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 21, 2006, 02:04:46 PM

The only thing that killed me about that whole stupid bridge moving sceen was when he was moving it the time appeared to be late afternoon. When they got around to wandering off the bridge it was clearly late night. WTF how slow are you guys and if it takes that long why not just um STEAL A BOAT.

kaid
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 21, 2006, 10:31:01 PM

That was some sort of editing/production goof.

I also read that there was a scene where Storm caused a tidal wave that got cut out because of a similar goof, somehow it didn't fit with the rest of the scene composition.

The movie was a rush-job and it showed.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #116 on: June 22, 2006, 03:35:10 PM

I didn't really care about the whole bridge stability thing, what bugged me was  - why not just dump the whole thing on top of the research center and be done with all of it. Too much inconsistency in the name of "big stunts".

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 23, 2006, 08:48:53 AM

Speaking from the point of view of a computer graphics student, I loved the bridge scene. It must have been really fun to do.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 30, 2006, 12:14:39 AM

why not just dump the whole thing on top of the research center and be done with all of it.

Or more efficiently, rip every reinforcement bar out of the building, thus causing immediate structural collapse and crushing everyone within.  Simple, effective, and possibly the most efficient use of power Magneto could have thrown at the situation.

Of course, there are very, very, very few movies or other stories, for that matter, that cannot be broken with a little liberal application of thinking and logic.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: X-Men III - Spoiler free no longer!  
Jump to: